Ninja H2 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the shifting is a little slow, I feel a momentum drop during the shift and I believe its because the stock quickshifter cuts ignition for too long. Id like to shorten the window to make a quicker shift like my H&M quickshifters ive had on other bikes.

Thank you, Andrew

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Not adjustable with the stock electronics, but it can likely be fiddled with in conjunction with reflashing the ECU. Having said that, I'm not sure I'd do it. I think I will trust Kawasaki engineering in this case - and that gearbox is a mite bit expensive if you stuff up the engagement dogs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Id like to shorten the window to make a quicker shift like my H&M quickshifters ive had on other bikes.
Thank you, Andrew
Unless and until Kawi releases the source code, tables and a USB interface I can jack into, I'll live with what they sold it with. It would be nice for sure, but my limited time enjoying the goodness they have made available keeps me too busy enjoying it to hack around it.

That said, I may do it if I become unable to ride and have nothing else to do and the price is right.
"Hacking" binary and peripheral inputs is how many of us make a living...just in an honest way.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@Andrew
Kruczynski

Call Don Guhl....He has access to the inner working of the ECU. Bet he could flash it to your specs.

NOLA

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hmm,

My 2011 BMW S1000RR's quick shift is fairly slow compared to my 2015 H2. I would guess in the 20 - 15 ms range for the H2, not motogp standards by any means, having said that I had an aftermarket QS on my 2011 ZX6 and it was not as quick either, even when adjusted to be as short as would work reliably. You can feel the quickness in the ABS on/off as well very smooth, very fast. Has the QS changed on your bike since you got it ?

Rhody...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts