Ninja H2 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Rivermark currently looks like this:

I'm trying to figure out, did it get some gunk on it (if it's normally chrome), or did it have some of the finish stripped off of it (this happened during the clear wrapping process so I could see either being the case). I'm just trying to decide if I should try to clean it or if I just need to order a new one.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
It's matte. The clear film installer didn't do a terrific job of cutting around your Rivermark, the edge is kinda rough but the install/ film itself shouldn't have affected the finish on the logo. It looks like it was corroded somehow by something it shouldn't have been cleaned with or blasted with enough sand from the road. Order a new one, that won't clean.

Here's mine, bike is covered in Expel film :

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That answers the question, thanks!

Yeah, the cut around the rivermark is a bit rough, I was told to give it some time in the sunlight and if the bubbles don't disappear to bring it back and they'll fix it. I'm guessing somehow the adhesive or something pulled up on some of the finish.

I believe my bike is Suntek, looks like your installer did an excellent job!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Are you sure that's not left over clear film that has not been "unpicked " from your river mark ? Pick at the chrome looking bit as you have nothing to lose , I'd be surprised if it was corrosion .

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to double check since I might be going crazy, but I was pretty sure that the matte bits were raised in comparison to the chrome. I'll give it a shot this evening though!

Based on photos and timeframe, I'm 99% sure this happened during wrapping, so either something got pulled off or something got left behind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts