Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As we all know, the Kawasaki Ninja H2 is not a cheap bike. To get your hands on one, you have to put down some serious money -- $25,000. But what is that money really paying for in the end? Performance? Exclusivity? Looks? It is starting to look like the Ninja H2 is falling flat on two of those counts.

Check out this video that shows the Ninja H2 in a drag race versus the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R. It is disappointing that the Ninja H2 can't win this drag race, and its also disappointing that the H2 can't hit a higher top speed than the ZX-10R. The H2 hits 168 mph while the ZX-10R gets all the way up to 176 mph. It certainly seems from this video that the H2 at best is comparable in terms of performance with the ZX-10R.

The Ninja H2 also can't justify its high cost by its exclusivity because Kawasaki has announced that, due to high demand, more H2 machines will be produced. That batch of H2s should be delivered in late May or June of this year.

So that leaves the looks of the bike, and the bike does look good. Is that silver reflective paint really worth the extra money when you could buy a ZX-10R that can hold its own in a race for a good $10k less though?

·
Registered
79 Posts
What a very strange post ... just seems to be a load of bollocks !

No disrespect to the road testers involved in your video but I'd rather believe the likes of MCN for performance figures....and say that this is BS.

On the subject of June deliveries.... I placed my order in the original ordering period (Dec 1) and am still waiting, so don't suggest that that makes this motorcycle less exclusive... more BS.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would pay 25K just for the looks alone!
To be a little more seriously, of course you can base your opinons on random youtube videos or other sources where you don't know the whole story. As in this video where you don't know anything about the riders or the mod's done to either bike. To me it seems like a better idea to base my opinon on people i know, magazines i trust or many magazines if i don't know them. The picture below is from MCN's test where equally skilled riders tested the H2 against other machines during simular circumstances. I belive this is a much more trustwordy source than a random youtube video... just my opinion....

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. After purchasing and owning this awesome bike for a while now, I can say it is definitely worth the money and then some. Why do you ask? it's intangible and will be different for different people.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. After purchasing and owning this awesome bike for a while now, I can say it is definitely worth the money and then some. Why do you ask? it's intangible and will be different for different people.
This is very true, it's all about what you're willing to pay for a certain thing and the value you see in it compared to what you're already aware about.

·
Registered
248 Posts
To the OP... That zx10 is modded with full bolt-ons and probably much more. Here is the original video post and read the comments and video description.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Oh dear, , , I put an 8 foot airbrush painting of a pheonix with my h2 and me in the frame then come home to this as top post. @ **** 46 come down the south coast and i'll show you how ubefuckinglevable IT is.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Oh dear, , , I put an 8 foot airbrush painting of a pheonix with my h2 and me in the frame then come home to this as top post. @ **** 46 come down the south coast and i'll show you how ubefuckinglevable IT is.
I think mick46 is actually saying that the OP's post is BS...

·
Registered
787 Posts
I think mick46 is actually saying that the OP's post is BS...
I got that,,,While i was painfully waiting for months it would have been nice to see one behaving like a bullet coming out a gun . It was a kind offer I made with no other intent.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Anyone notice how we only have one "hater" at a time. First H2R, then Cliffie and now someone else questioning the ability of the bike. I guess we might as well dig in for the long haul and expect this stuff every now and then. Wonder how H2R and Cliffie are doing on the Vespa forum?

·
Registered
220 Posts
The drag race was BS.

Stock H 2 against a modded ZX 10 and H 2 rider 90 Lbs heavier than the ZX 10 rider.

That is about a .5 to 1 sec handicap already, plus the H 2 rider didn't launch very well.

Quote from the video comments:

"jackka82 5 days ago to
+Steve Hash " The H2 rider himself said he weighed 245lbs and the other rider 155lbs. "

H 2 rider ib650 ?

Steve Hash seems to be another troll.

FWIW: I drag raced bikes for about 30 years and managed to set a couple of records on an H 1.

The original H 2 was far more difficult to launch than the 2015 version.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The H2 is worth every penny and more.
That is probably the only race that's been recorded that it was beat.Ridden by an overweight guy who clearly can't ride for ****.
Anybody in my part of the world who want's to call me out,go for it.I'm willing,but bring plenty of $$$$ with you.

·
Registered
473 Posts
There's no lack of testosterone on this forum! :p

·
Registered
220 Posts
Anyone notice how we only have one "hater" at a time. First H2R, then Cliffie and now someone else questioning the ability of the bike. I guess we might as well dig in for the long haul and expect this stuff every now and then. Wonder how H2R and Cliffie are doing on the Vespa forum?
Questioning the ability of the bike really isn't being a hater, its just starting a discussion. Obviously people on this forum are biased in favor of the H2, but its not like the guy in the OP is being a jerk.

It's kinda good to have some nay-sayers and devil's advocates to get some conversations going. >:D

·
Registered
220 Posts
The H2 is worth every penny and more.
That is probably the only race that's been recorded that it was beat.Ridden by an overweight guy who clearly can't ride for ****.
Anybody in my part of the world who want's to call me out,go for it.I'm willing,but bring plenty of $$$$ with you.
If it's who I think it is, heavy but not overweight for his size being well north

of 6 foot. ( 6-4 - 6-5 ? ) and looks like he could bench press a Buick. :eek:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Questioning the ability of the bike really isn't being a hater, its just starting a discussion. Obviously people on this forum are biased in favor of the H2, but its not like the guy in the OP is being a jerk.

It's kinda good to have some nay-sayers and devil's advocates to get some conversations going. >:D

Clover, I totally agree with you and I do feel bad going after anyone about their opinions and beliefs. Having said that, we can sort of tell who the owners are on here. They comment about the seat, or the prep kit, or the twitchy throttle, or the deposit, or the wait time for delivery. The "haters" on the other hand, never mention normal things like this, they say how a Yamsukihoncati will pull ten bike lengths on the H2 for half the price. They talk about it being restricted and how Kawasaki lied to us. They call us idiots for drinking the Kool Aid. That's when it is time to call BS and send them to the other forum, or back to their Vespas.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didn't realize some of the mods done to the ZX-10, but I still wonder if you could buy that bike and do some mods to it and come out with something that is cheaper than the H2, but equally as fast. Just something that I am pondering, and wondering if you guys had thought about as well.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"Questioning the ability of the bike really isn't being a hater, its just starting a discussion"...IMO...most of us here did not get this bike to be a remake of a 1000 BMW,or a GIXXER,or a zx10R.Or a Duc.It's it's own build.Made for a specific reason and goal.It wasn't built to outpace any of those bikes(primarily).OBVIOUSLY...since it's a SC machine...it can't legally compete on a circuit(purposely).It is what it is...like it or not...comparing it to the superbikes and such is really NOT valid.Any of them pulling out an additional 45 hp at the rear wheel with a derestrict?Nope.But for THIS bike...it's a killer natural update to an already great machine.If you want top end wins...get the H2R,or mod this bike.It'll do it.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts