Ninja H2 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is the Ninja H2 going to use a 1000cc Supercharged Engine?

A French bike magazine is saying the Ninja H2 will be using a supercharged 1000cc engine, how likely is this to happen?

This time last year in Tokyo Kawasaki revealed a supercharged four-cylinder that seems to have castings that are ZX-6R-ish, leading many to believe that it may be an engine around the 600cc range or a bit higher.

Kawasaki had this to say about the engine:

'Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. also has a long history of developing technologies for turbine engines. The lifeblood of these turbines is their blades, which need to be able to cope with extreme heat and vibration while spinning at high speeds. Know-how from years of designing turbine engine blades was instilled in the first supercharger developed by a motorcycle manufacturer. And of course, designing a motorcycle-use supercharged engine in-house means that maximum efficiency could be pursued.'

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've been reading that the bike is thought to have displacement somewhere in between 750 and 1000. Most people are hoping for something closer to the 1000 part of the range. I haven't seen any rumors of the engine being supercharged, but it would be fun if it was. Where have you been hearing that?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't forget about the video Kawasaki released, which it's engine can clearly be heard, and it doesn't sound like a liter to me, more like a 600.

Video:

Maybe that magazine just wants attention ;)

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm a staunch believer that the H2 is going to be a 750cc with the super bumping it up to 1000cc territory.

Liter bike performance without the fuel consumption...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm a staunch believer that the H2 is going to be a 750cc with the super bumping it up to 1000cc territory.

Liter bike performance without the fuel consumption...
lets hope so. i still want a rev happy bike. also i dont want to pay the insurance price tag of a 1000cc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts