Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gents, this has probably been floated around various boards but I figured it’s worth bringing up. It seems to me that with the introduction of the H2SE that changes could be on the horizon with the line-up. I’d suggest that the H2R would continue to be offered as Kawi’s Flagship track bike but does it make sense to offer the SE model along with the H2? Given the price point spread between the two, I don’t think so. The point I’m trying to make is that if you currently own an H2, I’d keep it. The value will always be there given the rarity of the bike. Just throwing it out there....

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I think Kawasaki using their rivermark on their SE/SX bikes indicates the FIRST in a SC'd sport touring machine.I doubt it will be used in following models.H2,H2R,and SE/SX all firsts.Street,track and touring.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The 1972 H2 was something to behold, the 2015 H2 was a rebirth of that same thing. I probably never would have bought the 2015 if it wasn't called an H2. I owned the first and loved it and I own the 2015. It's like they built it just for me, had to get it. It's the " H2 " that will live forever. I don't want to sell it and never will. They got me hook, line and sinker. Not a fan of the H2 se/sx. That's just me.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The 1972 H2 was something to behold, the 2015 H2 was a rebirth of that same thing. I probably never would have bought the 2015 if it wasn't called an H2. I owned the first and loved it and I own the 2015. It's like they built it just for me, had to get it. It's the " H2 " that will live forever. I don't want to sell it and never will. They got me hook, line and sinker. Not a fan of the H2 se/sx. That's just me.
I had a 73, I was going to get a 72, but when I saw that purple(I was putting H2s together did a gold one first), I went to the owner and bought it.
https://www.facebook.com/ted.gail.1/media_set?set=a.240058409402948.56939.100001963717291&type=3

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ted, I was thinking of doing the same thing. How cool would it be to have the “old” and the “new”. Something special about owning a piece of history that you can ride.....Although, something tells me that the first H2 might not be as nimble as what we have all become used to. Those older bikes are so top heavy that it’s almost scary to throw a leg around!!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I don't know about anyone else...but my H2 does feel...'topheavy'...but only at way slow speed.Like 2-5 mph slow.Moving it around in the garage still feels iffy sometimes.

When I first got her home,I was moving her.I sat on her to move a bit more.Somehow,my foot slipped on the cement.She leaned...it happened so fast I couldn't stop the lean.I was able to get my grip back again,and held on to the bars.Layed her down gently.Took all my strength to hold it.After collecting myself...I attempted to pick her up.I could only manage about 6"...and that was it.
I've got a 14R...60 lbs heavier.I've lifted that bike without drama a couple of times.

I ended up having to put a bottle jack just under the swingarm pivot hole on the frame,and use a 4" extension fitted into the hole to get her up past halfway.Friken nightmare.Nothing got damaged...got lucky.But yeah,the H2 IS topheavy for sure.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Ted, I was thinking of doing the same thing. How cool would it be to have the “old” and the “new”. Something special about owning a piece of history that you can ride.....Although, something tells me that the first H2 might not be as nimble as what we have all become used to. Those older bikes are so top heavy that it’s almost scary to throw a leg around!!
Did somebody say "the old and the new?

Here's an image from one of our top speed days at Elvington - the holy trinity of H2's. ;)

·
Registered
427 Posts
The H2 is very top heavy!

I pulled out of a raised gas station and a car came flying around the corner so i hit the brakes, put my legs out and nothing but fresh air, when i finally touched the ground with my feet the bike was at an angle and was so heavy i was not able to hold her and gently rested her on the ground .... i was only 135 lbs at the time and could not pick her up without assistance!

I was pissed it was my second one and was only one month old :(

·
Registered
836 Posts
In 2015 I posted on this site that Kawasaki would continue to manufacture the H2 into 2016 and would build as many H2s as they could sell . I think they will continue building them as long as they make financial sense , i.e. they justify the factory man power and floor space they currently occupy .
The H2 is a niche market machine and does not claim to be the ultimate track weapon like the ZX 10 , R1 , GSX or Fireblade , it's market is closer to bikes like the V Max or Suzuki's unsuccessful B king . Psychic supercharged has looked into his crystal ball and sees the 2020 final edition H2 and reads through the mist that due to the current crop of factory Turbocharged bikes the H2 will stop production for 2021 .

·
Registered
503 Posts
In 2015 I posted on this site that Kawasaki would continue to manufacture the H2 into 2016 and would build as many H2s as they could sell . I think they will continue building them as long as they make financial sense , i.e. they justify the factory man power and floor space they currently occupy .
The H2 is a niche market machine and does not claim to be the ultimate track weapon like the ZX 10 , R1 , GSX or Fireblade , it's market is closer to bikes like the V Max or Suzuki's unsuccessful B king . Psychic supercharged has looked into his crystal ball and sees the 2020 final edition H2 and reads through the mist that due to the current crop of factory Turbocharged bikes the H2 will stop production for 2021 .
Supercharged

Please dont liken the H2 to those dog ugly fuc*ing things:eek:

Did anyone actually buy a B king

Rob

·
Registered
836 Posts
Supercharged

Rob
In hard charging non track bike terms only NOT looks , they really were horrible looking things .
The H2 will have a longer shelf life than most super sports bikes without radical updates .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Supercharged

Rob
Hey I waited two years before I bought a brand new leftover 08 BKing. It's got the Gen 2 Busa engine and is comfortable as any bike I've ever ridden. It listed for 13K but I bought it for 8.5K . I can live with the looks. It's a 9 sec. street bike and a daily rider, Woolich tuned, of course.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't think the H2 is going to be decommissioned. The H2 SX SE is a different animal. I think the bikes that might be on the chopping block are the Concours 14 and possibly the zx14.

When the H2 SX was released Kawasaki says it plans on releasing more supercharged bikes in the future. I'd be willing to bet that all the Supercharged bikes will have H2 in the name.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I don't think the H2 is going to be decommissioned.
It will eventually reach the end of its production run. 2018 will be year four.

I think they'll keep building them as long as there are buyers in sufficient numbers. The pattern thus far has been to make little improvements with each year. Better shock, the newer IMU traction control system, etc.

Eventually the number of buyers will dwindle regardless ... it happens to every production vehicle, even the low-production models.

32 Posts
You're right, she was describing all the parts she loves about her newly acquired bike. One thing I didn't know that she has explained was that Kawasaki is involved in making airplanes also, and the same team that's involved has designed the H2 for aerodynamics of the bike.

I'd say she likes her new Ninja H2/forum/images/NinjaH2_org/smilies/tango_face_wink.png

In fact,she's describing hers just like I would describe minelol.Including the fuel gage/forum/images/NinjaH2_org/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts