Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The will they won't they promises to continue for the next bit surely, but could Kawasaki be previewing the next phase of the H2 project with their latest ZX-10R announcement?

The release mentions a 'host of updates influenced by the Kawasaki Racing Team'. They also mention 'comprehensive upgrade of the suspension components and the adoption of a premium grade braking system'. So semi-active suspension and cornering ABS?

There's also a new front cowl, but beyond that the new 10R keeps much of the current bike architecture.

Could Kawasaki consider adding these components to the H2's repertoire? Well I'm sure they could, but would they...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Would these be upgrades to the H2 or is it already up to par on these updates?

I figure they can't really have their flagship bike lagging behind others in their lineup so if the 10R gets something better, the H2 must be getting it too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
maybe kawa will tell all H2 owners sorry but diffrent year and different bikes !
What means the hypersport crown H2/R ist not the supersport crown Zx10r 2k16.
Do anyone really belive in Coming ubdates in 2016 for 2015H2 owners???
Thats would be nice but who knows

·
Registered
200 Posts
maybe like a swap... release also says "providing the platform to introduce new, state of the art rider aids and other technology." gets TC and other wizardry from H2.. H2 gets active susp?? SE or something just over the H2, like H2+, falling short of the R (which was one year only) featuring Ohlins..?? who doesn't love making stuff up :D;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't think there will be any major changes to the H2 platform (assuming it continues to be produced), for a few years, if at all. Refinements and fixes only, I suspect.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I don't think this has anything to do with the H2..... The ZX10R needs to be up dated to what the other liter bikes have. The H2 is notgoing to be produced anymore I'm pretty sure. The components that will be on the new 10 will be the same as what's on the H2. Brakes, suspension and such. I have a 2011 10R and love it but it could use these up grades. I did swap all stuff out already and I must say its awesome for sure and would be the right way to go. But Kawasaki is having a great run with the Gen 4 and from what I heard its more of a face lift than an all new deal.... I wish it was going to have what I thin the H2 lacks is the Ohlins active suspension but from the pics I've seen it doesn't look like it..... I think it will have the quick shifter and I really hope it has the auto blip down shift but who knows. I think if it doesn't they missed it. But if it had the active suspension and the up and down quick shifting I'm trading mine in for an up date......lol

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'd really like to see a 2016 zx10...that pic looks very cool.Where's the mirrors?Also...it definitely appears to have the front foils on it...that'd be cool;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
they says , big brakes ... humm humm, Brembo ?
the H2 2016, will have NO upgrades ! not possible to change the H2

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I think what they learned from the H2 is that pre-publicity is a valuable tool. Last year we got a succession of images and snippets of video about the H2 and H2R, a huge carrot which caused a lot of interest and speculation. The bike was already a legend before it was available. Now it's the ZX-10R's turn and judging by that image it's going to be pretty good.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I think the dash is one similar to the R1's or another bike.It looks like it kinda sweeps across in a curve.Are those mirror stays on the bar ends there?That looks a bit odd right there.Something's going on with the bar ends.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Where did that image even come from? It looks very grainy.

Building hype is definitely a big thing for lots of companies now. The aim is to give just a little bit of a taste and then social media (and forums) do the rest. Cheap marketing and advertising really.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Where did that image even come from? It looks very grainy.

Building hype is definitely a big thing for lots of companies now. The aim is to give just a little bit of a taste and then social media (and forums) do the rest. Cheap marketing and advertising really.
That type of marketing has its place among other efforts, just one of many thing to do, a vital thing with how active and connected people are online.

·
Registered
577 Posts
As far as I know there are no changes for the 2016 H2 - dealers can take orders with deliveries in spring 2016 (in the UK). No news on pricing but no significant price increase is expected - to me that implies no major changes.

I have heard a little bit about the 2016 ZX10R but it was let slip in error in a conversation with someone at Kawasaki - so I can't say anything here but I suspect it will be worth waiting for ;);)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Interesting that they refer to the development team under the KHI umbrella...

The input the KHI development team has received from the Kawasaki Racing Team, and riders, Jonathan Rea and Tom Sykes has created what we are sure many will feel is the most competitive and potent Ninja ZX-10R yet. A motorcycle equally at home on the race track or as a highly responsive daily riding road machine.”

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Geez...what now?A comparable new bike to the H2?For probably significantly less?I mean..I get it that Kawasaki is working to stay on the top.Now I have to go ride a new 10R to 'see' if it's basically the same as a 'modded' H2?Or even 'perhaps' better?All this latest talk of the 10R...it's already been shown(I guess)that the 2015 10R outhandles an H2...most likely because of it's curb weight.So now what?We know the Kawasaki engines are the smoothest performing out there.This new 10R..is gonna be comparable to the SC engine?Sounds like it....

·
Registered
331 Posts
Manufacturers don't usually produce two products that compete with each other. The H2 has the power crown and so if I had one guess the 10r will get an advanced rider assist package like R1 if it wants to stay on par.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Manufacturers don't usually produce two products that compete with each other. The H2 has the power crown and so if I had one guess the 10r will get an advanced rider assist package like R1 if it wants to stay on par.
for sure, active suspension, cornering ABS... as you said the R1 has it, the beemer has it...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
From that pic above...what little it shows...seems to be a 'very H2 looking' body style(up front anyway).One of the things I really like about the H2 IS the body style and frontend.That pic sure looks to me like an H2 knockoff.I hope not.The idea of a pillion setup(as the 10 has)is something I would have liked on the H2.But I'm not 'disappointed' it doesn't have one necessarily.Not sure I'd want to be riding two up with this bike.A 10 that could perform like the H2 engine wise?...for 10R fans...that'd be excellent.But it'd kinda take the 'specialness' away from my H2 maybe...IDK.

There is no other bike like the H2/H2R.Building a 'baby' H2 would I think make me feel a bit...well...letdown?Part of why I got this bike is because it is a one-of-a-kind motorcycle...not because it 'looks' like something already out there.Which it definitely doesn't.Of course,that's not counting the SC....that will ALWAYS be something unique and special about this 'first' SC'd Kawasaki 1000.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts