Ninja H2 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished fitting and tested the Extreme Creations intercooler on the weekend.

I can hear the blow off valve (OEM) working at dumping into the air inlet tube leading to the filter/impeller, with the re-routing of the piping to that tube as per E.C. instructions.

What I have noticed now is that I can no longer hear the chirping from the impeller on decelleration. I wear earplugs everytime I ride, but normally can hear it, now even at a standstill and revving to 12K rpm I don't notice the chirp. I guessing it may still be occurring but with the louder blow off noise it's not as obvious?

My other thought is the blow off being dumped into the air inlet tube prior to the filter is somehow causing a cancellation of the chirping sound? Any ideas or similar results?

Other than this the bike is going really well, it seems to be more responsive in 6th gear when simply giving it a strong blip on the throttle. Will have to take it to the track soon to get a better idea.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the yager werx intercooler on my SX/SE and all my sounds are normal. What is different about the EC intercooler that requires rerouting hoses?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if your yager is the same, but the blow off piping that feeds off the OEM blow off valve normally routed from it to the right hand side of bike (large pipe) and enters the back of the impeller housing to emit "blow off" back into the intake system.

On the EC intercooler setup, the blow off valve is re-mounted 180 degrees so the exit port for the blow off piping now goes to the left front of the engine and a larger hole needs to be made in the ram air/ intake duct so the pipe expels blow off into that, this then re-enters the system before the filter along with normal air intake flow (does this make sense?)

EC provide a "cap" to block off the original inlet port on the back of the impeller housing.
Still not sure if this makes a difference to the chirping sound, or my ears are getting too old! It's just that I can normally hear the chirping even with ear plugs, haven't taken the bike back out since so will have to re-check!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took the bike to the Tailem Bend "The Bend" track yesterday, first track ride since installing the IC.
Very tight track and probably not ideal for the H2 - but 4.9kms / 3mile length. The straight is 950 metres / 3116 feet long. I have the 42 tooth rear sprocket.

With the tune I have I noticed down the straight once clicking into 6th, the bike feels like it gets shoved from behind and rapidly increases acceleration! Didn't notice this as much before when on that track over a year ago! Turn 1 is a relatively right angle so the brakes had a work out.

Guessing the IC has input on that, can't wait to get it to Phillip Island again next year (once covid is done).

Don.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts