Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just my old eyes. If direct light on instrument panel I can read it but otherwise not readable except for the speed and gear indicator. Have it set on bright setting. Wish it had illumination like my 14 which is easy to see. Anyone else feel the same or just me ?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I seem to be able to read it fine in most conditions.

The turning signal switches, on the other hand... *^&*$&*^%

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm thinking of making a black plastic section that I'll use double sided tape and stick to the top of the instruments cluster.
Like a sun-visor,with a strip of led's on it,problem solved.I'll start on it this week.

·
Registered
331 Posts
if it is just too small for you maybe a small Fresnel lens strategically placed would help... I see credit card sized on ebay for a few bucks. I agree it is small stuff but maybe not meant to really be looked at much when riding

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yeah the display and theme horn and turn signals blow.... I wish it had the display on the R1M now that's very nicely done....

·
Registered
210 Posts
ive left my shift blink at 8000 rpm
buy the time i notice it im turning 10000

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I don't think it's the display issue....I think it's the ambient light deal...I mean,when the Sun is on the display,the graphics show up great.Like they're illuminated.It's when it hits a particular shadowing....that's when it looses it's brilliance.The Brightness deal is for the RED illuminators on the tach,and also at night.Don't think it has anything to do with the display brightness during daylight.It will automatically adjust as the light hits it certain ways.

Don't know if that R1 is similar....darkening at particular light inputs.All I really need to see,if anything,is the speedo and gear.The tach is very visible always.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Those who are intending to put any sort of film over the display should bear in mind the location of the ambient light sensor.
i think we should leave that exposed.
Just some friendly information to share.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
They could have used a more vibrant display material(s)...however,I do think it was purposely done this way to keep the rider from trying to focus on the small infos while riding this bike.The Gear and speed show up nicely as we know.That's all I really 'need' when I'm moving anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts