Ninja H2 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 H2's battery gave up the ghost, so I got a nice Lithium replacement.

Installed the terminals, green, red incorrectly, dumb mistake.

When installed incorrectly it sounded like the ABS pump or possibly the fuel pump was cycling, WITHOUT the key on.

Reconnected the battery correctly, turned the ignition on, no response, checked all fuses next to the battery, none were blown.

Any advice ? I feel like such an idiot for such a simple thing.

Thanks...

Rhody...

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
You have a voltmeter?I suspect you've shorted the battery inside.You might try recharging IF the volts are down.I've heard of these exploding...catching on fire and such.Be careful.

Did you check the ignition fuse up in the right side cowl?It's in there near the ECU.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Probably the E throttle, it does some weird stuff sometimes with voltages etc,
check both fuse blocks front and rear,most likely as mentioned above its a fuse

Li battery are extremely sensitive to charging rate, I have burnt one trying to jump start a bike , if you don't have a charger with a LI setting get one

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks H2madness and OZBooster,

I broke out the Service Manual that came with the bike, schematics are great but try to find the fuze box locations except under the rear seat, which I already checked, they were all good.

I will have the shop check the main fuse under the ignition cowl, OZ where are the fuze blocks front and rear ?

I never turned the key on when I installed the battery wrong, the more I think about it, it sounded like the fuel pump, which is weird.

When I installed the battery correctly, turned the key on, no lights, etc... on the dash, and no fuel pump noise, which is normal when going to start the bike, because it primes briefly.

My mechanic said there may be some self protection built into the bike.

I am praying it didn't damage the ECU as I have had it reflashed, but I doubt it because the ignition switch was off.

Rhody...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Have you tried to put the stock one back in and see if it gets dash lights ?

NOLA.

On a side note IF you killed the ECU I know someone has one on the parts board for sale (Insert shameless plug again)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Obviously nothing's going to work if the lithium battery has died, so check that first.

The battery positive goes straight to the starter relay nearby, this has a 15A and a 30A fuse under it's cover. Check these, the 30A is the bike's main fuse and feeds everything else.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, it was the main 30 Amp fuse, the shop owner said, ready for a new ECU !!! Big bucks...

He was just kidding of course, lesson learned.

Supposed to be a nice weekend here, high 60's, maybe time for a little ride

Rhody...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wanted to mention one other thing in case anyone else does this by mistake, the 30A fuse that blew was next to the positive terminal of the battery in a small square box,
Do not check the long rectangular fuse box on the other side it is the incorrect one.

Rhody...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I wanted to mention one other thing in case anyone else does this by mistake, the 30A fuse that blew was next to the positive terminal of the battery in a small square box,
Do not check the long rectangular fuse box on the other side it is the incorrect one.

Rhody...
Yes, that's what I said on April 6th.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wanted to thank everyone that contributed to this post. Did almost the exact same thing as Rhody. Got almost the exact same results. Was more than a little concerned that I'd toasted the ECU. I had no idea where to start checking. This post saved me a lot of time, money and aggravation. As soon as I replaced the 30 amp fuse and of course corrected the battery connections all was good! I was so relieved! So again. thanks, everyone!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, reading this post must have jinxed me because I failed at basic mechanics... but what’s weird is that I don’t have a 30 amp fuse... only a spare. Am I tripping? Checked the small fuse box next to the positive terminal and this is what I see... all fuses are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts