Ninja H2 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the show yesterday, awesome as expected.
Couple things worth noting:

The H2 carbon bike was on display, I wasn't impressed with the look of the paint, the tank has a dull-grey (same on the R), I really prefer the metallic-spark black we have. The green trellis frame is a metallic sparkly green (not for me). The Rivermark emblem on the nose has changed, instead of the cutout emblem we have, this new one is smooth to the touch with black painted in the middles, closer looking to a decal sticker now (I like the original emblem better). Also the H2R top wings are extended out further to point forward, probably for a more aggressive look..? here are 2 pics

Best part of the show by far was listening to Rickey Gadson speak, highly recommended! The guy is a hoot! Really funny and cool trip down motorcycle-history lane.

And I got a chance to talk to him about my upcoming build with his kit

I found the Activemoto carbon fiber bike, this thing has carbon everywhere, sides of the engine, tail section. This bike belongs to Sean Rad of Activemoto, he has 8,000 miles of street & track with this parts and they have held up really well, takes rock hits without pits or scratches. Pretty impressive.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice write up. Who is Ricky?

We have our large motorbike show going on this week. Started Sat and ends next Sunday and I'm going Wed. So will have a chance to look at the new H2 then

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Great images. Looks to me like the top wings on the H2R have been modified to improve aerodynamics. The worst thing on the H2 at high speed is the riders shoulders stuck out in the breeze, the new shape could help a bit.

Remal, you are kidding with the "who is Rickey" aren't you? :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Until you get to see in the metal the paint finish on any of the H2s it's almost impossible to know if you will like it or not . I have still not even seen a 2016 H2 in life yet , the Kawasaki show pictures with all kinds of lights and smoke are next to useless for really seeing the paint qualities.
I can at least see with your show pictures a good impression of the new brushed finish , I think I like it ?

Looking forward to seeing a good daylight shot of the new paint or even better one on the road .

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nope not kidding. Just googled and he's a drag racer? if I got the right chap.

Why would I know him if i've never been into that ;)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he's a drag racer?
yep that's what he's famous for, and he the leading developer of the H2 mod kits you see being installed, the Stage II kits.. and you know those RG62 velocity stacks we're installing, those are his, RG..Rickey Gadson... here take a look: H2 / H2R PERFORMANCE PLUS PACKAGE - Rickey Gadson

If you get a chance to hear him speak at the IMS show I highly recommend it!

Reactions: remal

·
Registered
702 Posts
Until you get to see in the metal the paint finish on any of the H2s it's almost impossible to know if you will like it or not . I have still not even seen a 2016 H2 in life yet , the Kawasaki show pictures with all kinds of lights and smoke are next to useless for really seeing the paint qualities.
I can at least see with your show pictures a good impression of the new brushed finish , I think I like it ?

Looking forward to seeing a good daylight shot of the new paint or even better one on the road .
I can totally respect this viewpoint.

On the other hand, for me personally, if I'm gonna drop $30k on a motorcycle it has to be 'Love at First Sight'. Pics included. For that kind of money, it shouldn't have to "grow" on me. It needs to be photogenic.

The 2017 paint honestly doesn't really do much for me. For my taste, it's not bad looking by any means, it just doesn't move me.

...and the fact that the emblem is not 3-dimensional almost seems as if Kawasaki is just trying to look for shortcuts and cut costs. No one knows for certain (except Kawasaki) if this is the case. But if it is, that's nonsense. That emblem is their heritage!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The 2017 paint honestly doesn't really do much for me. For my taste, it's not bad looking by any means, it just doesn't move me.
yeah same for me, and really it's even less impressive in person.
The one thing I did like is on the H2 carbon bike (which is limited to only 500 and numbered) it has the accent green pen-stripped lines that the R has. I think they simply took the carbon parts from the R and put them on the H2.

Oh and the Kawi rep the I spent quite a bit of time talking to (and he was very knowledgeable) said the new IMS lean angle management system they took directly off the zx10 and put it on the H2.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I can totally respect this viewpoint.

...and the fact that the emblem is not 3-dimensional almost seems as if Kawasaki is just trying to look for shortcuts and cut costs. No one knows for certain (except Kawasaki) if this is the case. But if it is, that's nonsense. That emblem is their heritage!
Yes I agree the new emblem looks like a lower quality item , easer to clean is the best thing I can say about it .

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I agree the new emblem looks like a lower quality item , easer to clean is the best thing I can say about it .
maybe it's good for another 1/2 mph too ;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'd also be interested in the reason for changing Shozo Kawasaki's KHI River Mark. I thought maybe it was to save on costs too but checked a few weeks back & you can buy the original 3D /2015 OEM version (part #56054B ) for approx. $30 so what could the difference in cost of the two emblems be to Kawi, couldn't be more than a couple of dollars.

Thanks for the cool pics & post Racer172.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The matte paint on the 2017 isnt for me. The 16s paint looks better than the 17 but doesn't hit the spot for me personally as much as the 15 because of the silver frame & "spark black" paint & silver decals. The 17 H2 Carbon & 17 H2R has the same candy green metallic frame as 2015 H2's but lack the 15's awesome paint. The candy green metallic frame isn't given real justice till its seen in the sun. ..Just my personal preference but the goldie locks combination on the 2015; 1) highly reflective mirror paint 2) candy green metallic frame 3) metallic green decals SO FAR is the the best looking H2 imo, obviously looks are subjective, that's what makes the world go round. Would have liked to have the 17's rear suspension & updated/ZX-10R's IMU but for my riding it's probably more of a want then a need.......Still think we might see a Darth Vader/murderd out version, the H2's styling is PERFECT for it.

It will be really interesting to see what develops w/ the H2.. If they truely intended on only making it for one M.Y. they would have come right out & said that specifically, it would have only helped sales of the 2015 bikes so they left the door ajar if ever so slightly... Maybe a next gen. H2? I think/hope so. Perhaps they're already working on it.

I'm really also curious about the future of the Hayabusa & ZX-14R. The Busa won't be modified to meet Euro4, they can get a 2 year extension but have been hearing rumors, a basic model of the possible shape of the bike, even a drawing for a super charged engine. The other bike that will probably will see a next gen. shortly is the Kawi. ZX-14R. I wouldn't sell my H2 but could see adding another bike if they make a ZX-14R w/ a super charger while at the same time losing a few lbs, that could be REALLY interesting.

I'll probably hit the show in NYC 2nd week of December. I'm only 18 miles East of Manhattan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts