Ninja H2 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to install one for mu upcoming LSR
One member is using the Pingel kill switch which I'm leaning towards getting, but before I order it I wanted to ask what switches are you other LSR guys using?

·
Registered
202 Posts
https://store.schnitzracing.com/sch...r-kill-switch-kawasaki-zx14-06-17-zx10-04-15/

This is for ZX10's and 14's, might work on H2 if the connector is the same or rewire it. What I like about it is it simply plugs into side stand switch so no cutting and hacking. I bet if you contacted Schnitz and sent them a pic of your side stand switch they could tell you if its the same connector. My guess its the same as most Kawi sport bikes have the same one,...or could be made to work.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I made a plug and play into sidestand switch for mine , easiest way esp with no cutting
just have to remember to have it in gear at tech when they test

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ good suggestions guys, thanks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Side stand switch is a really neat idea but if I was too dumb to remember to start it in gear for tech inspection (which I am) it looks like it's the red wire after the kill-switch that will stop power to the coils (32) and the fuel pump relay (36) in the DFI System Wiring Diagram.

MPS make / sell a few different ones too
MPS Tether Kill
Last year I used the first one on that page. These have been vibrated to death on drag bikes for 25 years so all the bugs are well ironed out.

·
Registered
434 Posts
ayjayef, bit of a slightly related side note here... do you reckon you will try out the new Tailem Bend track (The Bend) when open for track days? (sorry racer172 for hijack!).

Have you had a look at the multiple track configurations on offer? Quite impressive. I'm only about 1.5hrs from the track myself and I know my son and I will be going when able. They are having combined Asian and Australian Superbike rounds in April.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The Bend looks like a great thing, be nice if they can find enough space for an LSR event too!

7 hours from here, but we might head over to the 1/4 mile stuff when they sort the track out.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I need to install one for mu upcoming LSR
One member is using the Pingel kill switch which I'm leaning towards getting, but before I order it I wanted to ask what switches are you other LSR guys using?
I've been waiting for our LSR reg's to adopt this, also the metal chain guard. So far neither are required.

Interesting suggestions about using the side stand circuit.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've been waiting for our LSR reg's to adopt this, also the metal chain guard. So far neither are required.

Interesting suggestions about using the side stand circuit.
I got to an event once back in 1999 and found out I needed a kill switch with lanyard so I made a ******* version.

I drilled a small hole in the kill switch rocker button, threaded a small eye screw into the hole and attached a lanyard to the eye screw. I made the lanyard from a coiled up phone cord and some zip ties and a small plastic hook.

If you fall off you are simply pulling the kill switch lol. Tech approved it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts