Ninja H2 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum today because I’m considering buying the H2 and I would like your feedback and opinions on a couple questions I have. I realize that most of my questions would probably be answered if I digested the all the forum threads, but if you don’t mind answering directly it would be appreciated.
I have a ’13 zx10r built, dyno’d at 187rw, I race it and ride hard in the canyons/mountains out here in San Diego. I’m looking to buy an exotic street bike for my Sunday canyon runs and maybe trackdays.
1) In your opinion would the H2 be a good fit for my use?
2) Can the H2 be modded to meet H2r specs? Or how much can it be modded?
3) How well does it handle?
4) Any disappointments or drawbacks I should know about?
5) There’s one on the floor here in San Diego for $22k, is that a good market price right now?
Thank you in advance for any inputs
Terry

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think you will get different answers from everybody in here but here's my thought's about it:
1. If you ride much on the tracks and hard tight corners on the road i would say this is not the bike for you, a ZX10'r seems like the better choice.
2. Buy brock's stage 2 kit and gadson's stage 2 and you will have a bike with more power than the H2R for less than 5K extra. Powermods is not expensive with this bike but if you want to match both weight and power it would probably be cheaper to buy the H2R.
3.Depends on your preference. I went from a ZX6'r to the H2 and, of course, it's not even near. Compare to a ZX14'r and it's a dream.
4. NO!!!! I Love this bike and everything about it. The attitude alone is worth 25K!
5. Don't know..

·
Registered
765 Posts
Probably the best exotic available, very lively but still easy to control. Sound is amazing and very easy to modify to do whatever you want to do with it. I rode a new r1 just before buying mine just to be sure and it was great to ride but gutless. You will not regret buying a h2 and don't listen to the rumours of it being dangerous, it does not propel you into cars or randomly throw you off:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine propelled me into a car... :crying:
But since I seem to be the only one it looks like a mistake of mine...
Took me 36 years of motorcycle riding to make that happen :(

But I don't give up. Saturday I'm gonna pick up a 2016 :laugh:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would have to agree with some of the comments above, for canyons and track days I personally prefer my GSXR 1000 it's lighter and in that situation the extra hp is not needed. The H2 is heavier and you notice it right away in the canyons when the pace is up, however I find the handling outstanding still in the tight corners but yet still comfortable for city work. Full Brock's stage 2 and you ZX-10 will start to feel slow ;) I would keep the 10 if possible for fast days on the hill and track days.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would keep the 10 if possible for fast days on the hill and track days.
yes I do plan to keep the zx10 for the track, I have $24k into her and she's never been down so she's a keeper. Thank you all for the input.

So just to confirm, you can get the 300hp out of the H2 w/mod kits?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Keep your zx10r and buy the h2 to have something exotic and powerful. I took my h2 to a track day recently. It was a lot of fun. I erased everyone on the straightaways and could hang with most in the corners. It was a lot of hard work and it got a lot of attention..

·
Registered
787 Posts
Mine propelled me into a car... :crying:
But since I seem to be the only one it looks like a mistake of mine...
Took me 36 years of motorcycle riding to make that happen :(

But I don't give up. Saturday I'm gonna pick up a 2016 :laugh:
Mine propelled me through a fence :crying:
Seems like I am not the only one but no one else to blame...
Took me 33 years of riding, clearly inexperienced >:D

No insurance hence no 2016, gonna pick up some more parts :D

Managed 70 miles Tuesday on zx12r. Remarkable bike the H2, buy one if you can.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You probably won't need 300 hp, even though it is easily achievable for relatively little investment. Just a pipe and re-flash like Brock's stage 2 is enough to make your jaw drop and understand what warp drive really means. The ZX10 will feel slow to you even with the H2 in stock trim because the gearing is better suited to getting off the line and the power is there immediately. After ditching the stock muffler and cat, the difference in handling with the weight loss is very noticeable, and it handles really well even though slightly heavy still compared to the ZX10. I think the suspension is awesome, really comfortable ride, well balanced and still works great when pushed on the twisties. I think the price you saw is a bargain, don't wait, you won't be disappointed at all.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I did the first 4,500 ks exclusively in the mountains ,reason being these are a totally different beast and it will take sometime to get used to the bike in general.Twitchy throttle is the first thing i put 2 fibre washers between the bar end and throttle just to slow the return down as if your mid corner and you hit a bump it will take off on you.You will not be disappointed with power delivery and personally i wouldnt flash it just a pipe and of course get the bike wrapped before you ride it as the paint is very delicate and scratches easily.I took mine to a small track in australia , Broadford which is better suited to 600 bikes but had a ball.It will eat tyres like you never know mine is on its 4th set and its just a tad under 15,000 ks and petrol uses minimum of 10 litres per 100 ks with out being too hard on the gas but you dont buy a bike like this and worry about the cost as its just sooooo much fun .In closing buy it there a great bike.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
great feedback guys, thank you. The bike is sounding great to me.

·
Registered
393 Posts
1) In your opinion would the H2 be a good fit for my use? **** yea pretty much what i have mine for
2) Can the H2 be modded to meet H2r specs? Or how much can it be modded? Bodywork I would have thought so. power yes just look on here
3) How well does it handle? Very well. went from a blade to the H2 and it handles very well and you don't notice the extra weight
4) Any disappointments or drawbacks I should know about? Non yet as i've only owned mine for a few months. MPG is low but you don't buy this bike for that
5) There’s one on the floor here in San Diego for $22k, is that a good market price right now? Uk want 22k sterling. so it costs more over here

Reactions: racer172

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Just joined the forum today because I’m considering buying the H2 and I would like your feedback and opinions on a couple questions I have. I realize that most of my questions would probably be answered if I digested the all the forum threads, but if you don’t mind answering directly it would be appreciated.
I have a ’13 zx10r built, dyno’d at 187rw, I race it and ride hard in the canyons/mountains out here in San Diego. I’m looking to buy an exotic street bike for my Sunday canyon runs and maybe trackdays.
1) In your opinion would the H2 be a good fit for my use?
2) Can the H2 be modded to meet H2r specs? Or how much can it be modded?
3) How well does it handle?
4) Any disappointments or drawbacks I should know about?
5) There’s one on the floor here in San Diego for $22k, is that a good market price right now?
Thank you in advance for any inputs
Terry
I'll weigh in on this discussion. Everyone here that has replied has given great answers to your questions. However, all have suggested what we legally can't have in California on a registered road bike. Any model manufactured 2013 and beyond is legally restricted from modifying anything emissions wise. That includes exhaust, reflashing, Power Commanders, and anything C.A.R.B (the California Air Resources Board) deems is related to smog. Get caught by a sharp eyed officer with an aftermarket slip-on and you're looking at the potential of a very stiff fine. If you had a shop do the modification, they would get stung as well.

DynoJet does market a PC-3 & 5 specifically for the California market. EX they call it. Not sure why DynoJet provides this as the product is brain dead. To my knowledge, the DynoJet product is the only aftermarket CARB approved performance add available. Brain dead.

I had an email exchange with Brock not long after I took delivery in April of last year of my H2. I asked him if he had any plans toward producing anything for the California market. "Not a chance!" In a nutshell, development cost is skyhigh with a limited market base and an end product that most likely is not as good as the factory systems.

Rich Sims and I spoke briefly about producing a slip-on for the H2. Absolutely ludicrous amounts of money pave the road to CARB certification. Then, there's the time element of repeatedly beating your head against the nearest brick wall trying to work with CARB. All this for a specific market where development costs could never be recovered let alone profit from the exercise.

So where does this leave us California H2 guys? Gadson's work with the factory exhaust unmodified is very encouraging. Supercharger gears, metal stacks, and a Woolich flash had a customer's bike run a 216 mph recently. I know of several people who are working on intercoolers, two of which are here on the forum. Others in addition to Gadson are also producing supercharger gears. I'm thinking Guhl flash, PC-5, and gears. These modifications aren't visible. Obviously, California guys can read between the lines. >:D

I no longer have the reflexes to run the canyons as I did years ago so I can't add input relative to the suitability of the H2 in the twisties. However, a few guys on this forum have traded the stock 200 tire for a 190 and state a big improvement on track days. Your 10 will still out-handle the 2 in the hands of a skilled rider.

You asked if the 2 would fit your needs of an exotic bike good for Sunday canyon runs and some track days. Does a bear Sh*t in the woods!? I've owned a lot of machines over a span of 50 some years. They have all lit my fire in one way or another. I gave up riding the street a few years ago and concentrated on LSR. In fact the last street bike I owned was an '82 Hans Muth Katana 1000. The H2 is directly responsible for me getting back on the street. Takes some faith to believe enough in a machine to put a huge deposit down and then wait for months before even seeing it! Was I disappointed when I took delivery? Oh my G*d! This is a machine from h*ll dressed in a tuxedo and as polished as an 18 year old Glen Livet. My first crack of the throttle was a shock. Power is right now! First and second are just silly. I found myself laughing my a** off! No, I was not disappointed. Yes, the H2 will certainly fill the needs you asked about!

Drawbacks? Yeah, you will need to exercise your face muscles to limber up the perpetual ear to ear grin. It does eat tires. It is a fuel guzzler as well. I average 22 mpg. I'm a little heavy handed though. Some on this forum have purposely ridden conservatively and received much better mileage.

I paid 25K for mine. The '16 model is retailing for 26K. I personally like my 2015 with its candy lime green accents over the '16. I have to admit the '16 mirror paint with the embedded glass flecks is awfully nice but for me, my '15 is far more bad a** in appearance.

You didn't say if the bike you're looking at is a '15 or '16. 22K is a great deal for either year.

Have fun making your decision!:laugh:

·
Registered
867 Posts
z​
I love my Modded H2 with BST wheels and all the goodies but to be honest when the roads are twisting and tight and or at the track nothing is more fun than my ZX10R or Super Duke. Buy the H2 and enjoy the thrill but definitely keep the 1000.....

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
You didn't say if the bike you're looking at is a '15 or '16. 22K is a great deal for either year.
it's a '16 and it still "in the crate" because it's still bolted down to the box crate bottom and sits up on a high riser for display, so it hasn't been sat on. It's high $22, just under $23k but they told me there was room to work with the price.

The feedback you guys have given me is just what I was looking for and I feel this is the bike I'm looking for, especially since I'll be keeping the 10.
Oh and 880 no worries on the full-blown mod & dyno, got that covered.

I'm off to Fontana ACS today, running my 10 there tomorrow so I'll be off-line for a couple days. You guys enjoy your 2's, I'm jealous (for now) :)

Reactions: 880turbo

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
it's a '16 and it still "in the crate" because it's still bolted down to the box crate bottom and sits up on a high riser for display, so it hasn't been sat on. It's high $22, just under $23k but they told me there was room to work with the price.

The feedback you guys have given me is just what I was looking for and I feel this is the bike I'm looking for, especially since I'll be keeping the 10.
Oh and 880 no worries on the full-blown mod & dyno, got that covered.

I'm off to Fontana ACS today, running my 10 there tomorrow so I'll be off-line for a couple days. You guys enjoy your 2's, I'm jealous (for now) :)
22K for a MSRP of 26K, and still some wiggle room! You haven't pounced on that yet!?

By your comment to me, it appears you plan to breathe on the engine if you purchase it. Brock offers a kit to replace the '16 clutch with the '15 clutch. There are several messages on here in reference the '16 clutch not holding up with the heavy duty power adds. There's pros and cons. Good observations on both sides.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it appears you plan to breathe on the engine if you purchase it. Brock offers a kit to replace the '16 clutch with the '15 clutch. There are several messages on here in reference the '16 clutch not holding up with the heavy duty power adds. There's pros and cons. Good observations on both sides.
Yes. Need the power or not, I don't like having a bike that is restricted/de-tuned. First thing I did on my 10 was flash/PC/dyno, and I'm still planning to do a super-stock engine build on it.

Speaking of my 10, had a blast running out at Fontana Auto Club Speedway yesterday, first time taking my Chris Fillmore helmet out on the track too, loved it. here's a pic:

Attachments

Reactions: 880turbo

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Yes. Need the power or not, I don't like having a bike that is restricted/de-tuned. First thing I did on my 10 was flash/PC/dyno, and I'm still planning to do a super-stock engine build on it.

Speaking of my 10, had a blast running out at Fontana Auto Club Speedway yesterday, first time taking my Chris Fillmore helmet out on the track too, loved it. here's a pic:
Cool pic! :)

I use RST as well, along with my Vanson set.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just to chime in-

We have a nitrous 2016 10R and a nitrous 14R. The H2 is still another animal. It consistently makes all of its power especially with the intercooler keeping the temps down. The nitrous bikes are still just regular bikes until you hit the juice, so the fun factor isn't there as much.

For 22k you should run out the door with that thing, that's a great deal. You will enjoy it a ton.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts