Ninja H2 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ah Crap mate, what happened? Forgot side stand?
Hopefully just superficial damage, but still a bastard to happen.

Don.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah Crap mate, what happened? Forgot side stand?
Hopefully just superficial damage, but still a bastard to happen.

Don.
Don, I did a riding tour of Tasmania last week on the z14r I said I was going to buy in 2018 (post history).. It's a HEAVY bike. It rolls off it's stand in a poofteenth incline. I've gotten myself into the habit of clicking it into 1st, resting it against the gearbox, then tipping it onto the stand; insuring it doesn't roll forward.

I very, very rarely ride the H2 since I bought the 14r last year. I don't fit on the H2. It's awkward. It's awful. Yet, there's nothing like it in a straight line. I took it out for the first time this month, today. gave it a blast, had some fun, brought it back to the garage... rolled into its parking spot, right hand hit the kill switch, left foot hit the neutral to first, and my brain registered that as left-foot-job-done. I stood up, got off the bike and got thrown into the metal shelves as I didn't put the bloody sidestand down. It's such a moronic, pathetic incident that I took myself straight to the local police center for a drug and alcohol test, because I KNOW allianz are going to try and get out of this. Not only that, the H2 tipped into the 14R and cracked the side fairings of my new beautiful and favorite bastard.

I am in for a bad, bad time.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Bloody Hell! Double whammy!
Hope insurance does cover it all.
On a side note, and sorry if not appropriate right now, how was Tassie? It's one place I've been to twice in a car years ago but would love to do on a bike!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tasmania was woefully short of its premise;- "BEST ROADS IN AUSTRALIA" they claim.... They are not.

Tasmania is beautiful; no doubt. However it is a poor, empty state. It has historical value. It has the best ROUTES and SCENERY in Australia, but its' ROADS are utterly woeful. Overall, I enjoyed the trip, but the spirit of Tasmania was the deal breaker. It's such a shit experience that it lost 50% of the trips' overall enjoyment for me. I will never be back on a motorbike. The crap they cobble together and call a road is inadequate at best. The wildlife after dusk is suicidal at best. The mobile reception is dismal (telstra) and I am aghast upon retrospect that I did this trip solo. It's nothing short of dangerous. The rider road toll is completely justified by the unwavering lack of road signage, corner marking and ludicrous road planning. The local drivers are similarly suicidal, andtake the racing line on blind corners without a second thought. I am 34, and my first day was chaperoned by a local bloke (56years old) I bought my 14r top bag off from gumtree. He nearly got cleaned up 2o minutes into our ride as he was on the right hand side of the road, on a road without a dividing line, that is 1.5 lanes wide at most. I haven't reviewed the camera and phone (intercom) footage yet, but I was NOT unclear that he was riding like an arsehole and I wanted no part of it. His response... "that's how we ride in tassy".

I will never, ever ride a motorbike in that state again.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wow! You certainly have had a crap time of it!
First the trip, then topping off with the bikes falling over. Hope things get better for you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If it makes you feel any better i have now tipped over a bike 4 times! The H2 not yet but i am sure it will happen sooner or later.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that fkn SUX but call insurance if you dont have a policy get one now lol
thank fuck you had input to this discussion. What would I have done without you. I just sent the pickup driver his employers disgust about the strapping of my H2.,...That'll be fun.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Put my 14r and H2 up for sale.... bought a H2SX today. Both bikes in one. Covid times. expenses consolidated. Had to.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I guess by what you've written the H2SX would suit both riding needs for you.
I assume the H2 was all repaired? Under insurance?

Got the bike on Bikesales? Just read the full post on there, so it is yours. Good catch for someone.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a similar incident but I was able to catch mine on time.

I was updating the surveillance cameras in the garage but before I could do any work, I was rearranging everything around, including the h2. The garage was a mess and didn’t have much room to work with but while rocking it back and forth to get a better angle, my foot grazed the kickstand from forward position to slightly back but not far enough to snap all the way up. After bringing the bike to the desired spot, I slowly leaned the bike on the kickstand and proceeded to loosen my grip. As the bike settled on the kickstand, the weight forced the bike forward and immediately started to toss me aside. With ALL my might, I death gripped the bars, took a wide sumo step out, and said “not today mother sucker!” Full of adrenaline, I was able to pick it back up with only inches to spare from damage. I balanced the h2, put it back on the kickstand, and walked away feeling more of a man than I ever did in my life! I told myself when I was ready to face the shame, I would share the surveillance video with the world but I don’t think I’ll ever be ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Funny pic you've got on there (Is that a turbo?) Haha, I've had that too.
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Got the bike back on Monday. Left rear fairing still on a boat somewhere, or entirely in the air; and they managed to make an absolute MESS of the rear compartment panel, which they have apparently ordered upon my taking issue.

Not happy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts