Ninja H2 banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FFS. Started that other thread about looking for H2 take off parts. A certain well-standing member replied. He named his price, I didn't even negotiate - just paid him. He offered to send pictures but he was a 'senior member' and in the spirit of friendship, I took his word. Paid him through PayPal - money sent as a gift so he wouldn't get nicked for fees...every dumb move you could make I did it. Mostly because I was trying to clear up my image of being tough on people and I thought I was making a friend.

He gave me the original Kawasaki list prices alongside 'his prices' for the stuff like he was making me a 'deal' which would've only worked out to about 20% off of dealer cost... wasnt even that good a deal to be honest. I overpaid in an apparently futile attempt to be nice.

What I got in the mail was $20 worth of cheap garbage that doesn't even fit on an H2 (not that you'd ever put this garbage on an H2). The box weighed more than the parts inside. It cost more to ship than what was actually in the box. ****, the box is worth more than what's inside it. Hilarious. Why did you even bother shipping it Dave? Sure, this is funnier but a total waste of money.

Supposed to be take off H2 signals, mirrors and a windscreen in the box.

I'm gonna give him a chance to respond before I post his user name and personal information. If he thinks the fear of mutually assured destruction is going to save him, I will post my own name, address, picture and STL file of my house key before I let this stand. PayPal gave me your information man. If the return address on the box is fake, I'll go there. This is worth a road trip.

EDIT*** I figured out where the parts came from…and FZ1 and a ZX-6.

The windscreen is a Novarex AS6/7 M-230 MKC DOT-428 off of some sort of Yamaha FZ1 model.

The rear fender is from a 2008-2012 ZX-6R Part number 35019-0060

The mirrors are Toyo L E13 001291 Also from a 09-12 ZX-6R

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
You know what else is really pathetic? He complained about the cost of shipping. I was gonna reimburse him when the parts showed up. I almost, almost did it the day he sent them but I figured there'd be no harm in waiting to make sure the stuff wasn't damaged considering I had already overpaid to begin with. I figured what's another $85 if it makes me a friend?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Well..if you have an H2R...the windscreen isn't gonna work for ya.Nor the turn signals(?)Sorry about your hassle there.You can mod that H2r to be street legal by getting some aftermarket lamps for the front.Turn signals will be used by those as well.(I mean they double as front turn signals(they look like those ones on the R1(headlamps).I suppose a rear tail assembly could work for rears.(plate bracket and such from an H2).Someone on here modded his H2R for street.Turned out VERY nice.Didn't look like he spent an arm and a leg doing it.

"mirrors and a windscreen in the box"...won't work...unless you remove your beautiful wings up top.You really don't want to do THAT do you?The screen won't fit that H2r period.So that's pointless.You payed without any pics at all?....ouch.Not too good.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ok I made a mistake, I sold Cliff an H2 windscreen, turn signals and stalk for an H2, and my bad I put my OEM BMW Mirrors in the box by mistake instead of the H2 ones. I told Cliff via PM that I would send the H2 mirrors, again by PM. I said I was sorry. He should have given me a chance to respond before going public with this, bad form Cliff. I would not do the same to you.

The H2 screen, turn signals and stalk are from my H2 which have been upgraded.

Rhody...

P.S. Cliff, for the record, are you HardWorking who was asked to leave this forum ?

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok I made a mistake, I sold Cliff an H2 windscreen, turn signals and stalk for an H2, and my bad I put my OEM BMW Mirrors in the box by mistake instead of the H2 ones. I told Cliff via PM that I would send the H2 mirrors, again by PM. I said I was sorry. He should have given me a chance to respond before going public with this, bad form Cliff. I would not do the same to you.

The H2 screen, turn signals and stalk are from my H2 which have been upgraded.

Rhody...

P.S. Cliff, for the record, are you HardWorking who was asked to leave this forum ?
NOTHING you sent me is from an H2. Not even close. It's all $3 Chinese crap from eBay. Look, I don't want to fight but you just sent me garbage under the assumption I wouldn't know the difference.

I never went public with your identity. You did. It says right up there that I'd give you a chance to respond before I told anyone who you were. Don't start trying to throw me under the bus. And you wanna start asking who is who - you gave me one name on the forum, another name on the cropped shipping receipt and there's a completely different name on the shipping label.

I'm willing to forgive and forget. Personally I'm shocked you even responded so points to you. You issue me a refund, I'll mail this stuff back to you tomorrow and we can all pretend this didn't happen. If you don't want to do that, I can post pictures of what you sent me and we can see what a bunch of guys who also look at H2's every day think they came off of.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah, I'm HardWorking, 1K rider, YSR50, SilverSurfer, Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker, Clark Kent and anyone else you want me to be. We already went over this twice so if you're trying to somehow make this my fault, I don't know how that works. Keep going though because I don't care anymore. Who else would you like me to be? And be careful posting my personal information because that's a two way street. If you start it, you'd better be ready to play dirty.

I paid you what you asked. I kissed your ass. I practically tried to make friends by PAYING YOU. Didn't work for Ronald Miller either. Lesson learned in 1987. You took a guy in a moment of good will and tried to rip him off. This is no accident. The entire tail of the H2 is metal, what you sent me is 2 ounces of formed plastic. The rear turn signals on the H2 are elongated, square and LED, what you sent me was round and Chinese with an orange filament bulb inside.

NOTHING you sent me came off an H2 AND YOU KNOW IT.

For the cheap seats; Rhody didn't think I'd know the difference so he sent me a box of old ZX-6 parts. Straight out of the Doc Brown 'How to trade with the Libyans' playbook. Classy.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Look man, I'm trying desperately to be cool about this. I've tried very hard to participate here in a constructive fashion. I've even given some of you my personal information and tried to make friends. I've apologized, made nice, stopped giving any real critical opinion or being abrasive in any way. I've done all I can. If Rhody is gonna stoop to fraud, that's on him I guess.

I'm gonna try real hard to let this go and move on no matter what the outcome. Some of you are awesome and I won't let that spoil the forum.

We coulda been friends Rhody. That bums me out man. However you want to handle it is up to you. I'm sorry I didn't not trust you from the start, that way none of this would have had to happen. So in a way, you're right, it is my fault. I like to trust people. Shame on me. Totally.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
My bad I put my OEM BMW Mirrors in the box by mistake instead of the H2 ones…. The H2 screen, turn signals and stalk are from my H2 which have been upgraded.

Bad form Cliff? "I would not do the same to you"?
F'ing WOW Rhody. Wow.

And not to beat a dead horse but I could buy the mirrors on eBay, NEW for $16.80

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Rear-V...ash=item4aeb50a3b2:g:haIAAOSwRLZUH8df&vxp=mtr

The entire mud guard with signals for $31.94

http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-12-KAWAS...ash=item3aacac01d1:g:lJUAAOSwHnFVib77&vxp=mtr

And the windscreen is so scratched up it can't be worth more than $10.

Dude.

·
Registered
210 Posts
wait for the snow to melt

·
Registered
406 Posts
Cliff, hardworking, or who ever you are, I am at work right now and can't access PayPal, when I get home, I will send you your money back, no more drama, I sincerely never intentionally meant this to happen. I have ZX6, and BMW parts in my new shed in boxes everywhere, I was sloppy in matching them to the H2, You don't need to send the parts I sent you in error back, so no cost to you. Even if I did send all the right parts I know you wouldn't be happy anyway, you seem to have anger issues. No harm, no foul. We are done here. Have a nice life.

Rhody...

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Be honest; if I had done the same thing Rhody did to me to any of you, you'd be outside my house with torches and pitchforks. Tell you what; if ANY member of this forum thinks I'm the bad guy and I owe Rhody an apology, I will gladly give it. If ANY member of this forum thinks that an owner of an H2 could mistake those parts for H2 parts, I will apologize and take full responsibility. If anyone honestly believes his reasoning for any reason, I will apologize. If anyone thinks that's $400 worth of parts, I will have two ribs removed and blow myself on Redtube.

Yeah, I got mad. Perspective is everything but from here it looked like he either thought I wouldn't know the difference - or what my immediate assumption was - he intentionally sent me a box full of 'F you' because he didn't like me.

Maybe I am wrong. Tell me how. I'll gladly listen. I tried nice, I tried in private - when that didn't get a response, I tried public. That worked apparently - although I seem to be the bad guy again.

If I owe him an apology, he has it. I just don't have any idea what for... well, except for the part where I trusted a stranger. That was TOTALLY my fault. I still like to gamble on there being honest people left in the world. Note to self; stop doing that.

Rhody sent me the refund. This is over now. After my detractors finish explaining how I'm the dick in all this, mods you won't hurt my (or probably Rhody's) feelings if this whole thread disappears.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I won't delete the thread - it can serve as a record of what happened for anyone who cares to look - but now that the matter is resolved and acknowledged by both parties, I do believe that it no longer serves a purpose to leave it open for any further discussion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.