Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 H2. 15,000km. Australia. Daily Ride. 150kg (330lb) rider. ECU is currently out of the bike and I'm trying to decide what to do with it. I want as much power from 6k to 12k as possible. I never ring the neck of the H2, and even want to DECREASE the rev limiter by 1k because I enjoy rev-bombing cnts WAY more than I should. I have a Racefit Growler slip on exhaust, which is basically a straight pipe, same width, from the cat converter out. I'm under the impression that a slip-on and a decent air filter can net me around 30rwhp. Bike as current, puts out 200.5hp.

Brocks Performance. Website seems completely stagnant since 2016. Information is unclear on their package of ECU flash + PCV, noting brocks 'stage 2' flash.. stage 2 from what I know involves SC gears.

Others don't need the PCV, like T3racing, but even he's a middle-man and the flash is done at another company's bench anyway.

Woolich, australian, as I am, but still wants to charge me in USD... more of a DIY approach, but I can't know of any gains until I dyno it.

Pray-tell, what should I do?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I wouldn't ever use the word "stagnant" to describe Brock's Performance. I've used them for my last couple of bikes, I'm UK based and found them easy to deal with. They answer emails and messages pretty quickly and get my recommendation, so if you have a question try asking them. With couriers like UPS and others it makes no difference where you are in the world, a few days at most while your ECU's in transit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Bob. The website is stagnant at best. Broken links, dead picture galleries (ecu removal), it isn't an assuring visit, at all. There doesn't seem to be any other option from 'street' or 'race' either. Where are the standard flashes for a slip on exhaust and an aftermarket air filter? Nothing on Brock's website instils any confidence, let alone mentions any custom ECU flash whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Hmmm...interesting.I've dealt with Brock for years.They've even taken the time to call me about a question a time or two.Not sure what website you're going to,but the 'brocksperformance' site says what kind of ECU adjusting goes into the Stage 1 PCV and ECU.As with the others.Plus there's instructions there on how to remove parts to get to things.(with pics)(downloadable).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Moaning about Brock's site won't accomplish much and the points you make against certainly prove nothing about the parts or services.

The Brock Stage 2 does NOT refer to having Bear or any other supercharger "gears."

Why not send an email or call on the phone if actually interested in his products, or if not wanting them for any reason that's fine too, but you're unlikely to make much of a point here trying to claim his website gives reason to have no confidence in the products.

I don't recall if he has a PC map for generic slip-on on factory headers with straight midpipe to replace factory cat (if that's what you have) so that is why I suggest to call or email if actually interested (sure sounds like not, though.)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"I don't recall if he has a PC map for generic slip-on on factory headers with straight midpipe".I think so.When I spoke with Steve(think that's his name)he told me my factory headers and stainless midpipe(without canister)and Akra shorty muffler would be fine for 'full exhaust' option for the stage 1 mod.Street mapping/ecu flash.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Where are you ?
And what exactly do you want out of the flash ?

Not difficult to turn off the restrictions and reset the background stuff, if you want tuning your probably better off doing it on your own bike with a PC

And i do have a Woolich flash setup i am considering selling , mine is all but running now on a standalone

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hold up. I never made any claim about Brocks service or product at all, don't say I did. All I said is the website doesn't instil confidence, and I absolutely stand by that.

Now, I've watched a **** of a lot of his youtube stuff, and I'm really quite impressed, but this thread isn't about Brock.

As stated, the ECU is out and ready to go. There are a multitude of options out there. Before I go calling overseas and tying up phones I thought I'd drop a post on a dedicated forum and see what the current consensus is on these ECU flashes. Not a dig on Brock, but there is not a mention of a H2 post 2016 on his site, thus the 'stagnant' remark.

There are plenty of woolich roms out there, and their method doesn't require the power commander, and has an ECU port cable for easy updates and tinkerings, which would obviously be super-helpful on a dyno. Has anyone gone the woolich route on their H2?

I could send the ECU away, or go for it myself, but am undecided.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where are you ?
And what exactly do you want out of the flash ?

Not difficult to turn off the restrictions and reset the background stuff, if you want tuning your probably better off doing it on your own bike with a PC

And i do have a Woolich flash setup i am considering selling , mine is all but running now on a standalone

G'day Oz. I'm in Melbourne. What I want from the flash is more power in the mid. I never touch redline, track it or fang it for more than 5 minutes. I'm pretty heavy so just want the most balls I can get out of it in the mid. Not chasing top speeds, dyno numbers or the like, just wanting to unlock the potential of the bike without risking lifespan. I'm not really keen to de-cat it, as it's my daily ride and the nanny-state of victoria already doesn't like motorbikes, let alone super loud ones. Slip-on exhaust, good quality air filter, bit more power, happy days.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I accidentally left out the word "it" in the sentence that could be in question. Indeed I was not claiming you made points against the products. It is the website you were making points against, and I was saying those points have nothing to do with the products and services, which I would think is all that's important.

On your post not being about Brock, I guess I overestimated how many times you typed his name

If interested, call or email. If not there are other options, you're good either way.

With his setup, you won't be locked into whatever some other tuner came up with elsewhere on another bike, as you can adjust the PC yourself or can get support help. On the other hand, you're having to buy the PC, and maybe some other tuner's flash would work great for you as is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a thought, if I send it away to get a shop flash, AND go the woolich route to tinker later, is that a viable option? Would I be able to revert to the shop's flash if I mess things up?

@h2madness, I've seen a lot of ECUs with both Guhl and Brock stickers on them, what's their correlation? I'll look into Don as well, cheers

·
Registered
183 Posts
Can't say for sure, again would check with whatever vendor you choose, but my understanding is that any Guhl flash (this includes Brock flashes) has to go back to Guhl to be reverted to be able to accept other tune such as Woolich. If a customer botched that later tune and wanted Guhl to put the previous flash back on, I lack knowledge if he would do so for free.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Don does the flashing for Brock.But he will do flashes for anyone that calls him and wants one.You can always go with a woolrich setup as well...I mean,both.Won't be a problem.

I think Trenace is right on this.I doubt he wants to get blamed for someone elses meddling.He is however VERY professional.What he says,he does.Can't see him 'holding a grudge' against anyone.I talked to him personally.FULLY explained to me what he would do and why.

·
Registered
674 Posts
G'day Oz. I'm in Melbourne. What I want from the flash is more power in the mid. I never touch redline, track it or fang it for more than 5 minutes. I'm pretty heavy so just want the most balls I can get out of it in the mid. Not chasing top speeds, dyno numbers or the like, just wanting to unlock the potential of the bike without risking lifespan. I'm not really keen to de-cat it, as it's my daily ride and the nanny-state of victoria already doesn't like motorbikes, let alone super loud ones. Slip-on exhaust, good quality air filter, bit more power, happy days.
Ok i am just north of Shepparton, if you wanted a simple derestriction , reset rpm limit etc without changing the mapping i can do that pretty quickly , but my flash gear is for on bike so i would need you to bring it here , Woolich charge $100 for unlock key and i would want similar
If you want more then send it to Guhl or Brock

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm a shepp boy myself, born and raised. Can you tell me what gains you felt from simply derestricting? When you say it's on-bike only, is that talking about the Woolich on-bike harness, or does it use the diag port at the rear? Cheers for the info!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Mine is anything but simple derestricted, more full house ,
Your probably the only other person on this forum then to know where Wunghnu is ;)

if you have read up on the H2 you will be familiar with the closing throttle plates as the rpm increase ,and the changes after flashing to have full power available

Yes i would install the woolich harness to flash the changes and then remove it ,it plugs into the diagnostic and has one wire to pin into the ecu connector to read data

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
User Name

Thank you for the input on our new site from the perspective of a potential H2 flash customer. You are 100% correct, we have many thousands of dead links as a result of switching to an updated e commerce platform in January of this year. We are addressing the links via the 80/20 rule. The top 20% of our products make up 80% of our sales. Unfortunately, we have not reached the H2 section on our creative staff’s our to do list just yet.

After reading this thread - Perhaps we don’t do a good job of defining our position in ECU flash world on our site?

For clarity: We are not in the ECU flash and especially the ECU custom flash business… we are in the product combination business. Many people ask us for flashes to match products we don’t use or sell – how can we possibly do this in good faith? We offer flashes which precisely match our exhausts, filters, derestriction flash and a multitude of other items to produce the best bolt-on combination we know how to make. If you do not have our combination, you will either need to seek a professional tune or ‘hope’ our flash will do the trick for you. I personally do not believe that hope is a strategy when it comes to taking proper care of your baby. That said, we have many people who will throw caution to the wind purchase our flash for their particular application and end up very happy with the results.

For additional information on our offerings/services, please click these links:

Supercharger gears create a custom configuration that Brock’s Performance cannot properly support: NOTICE: Kawasaki Ninja H2 Overdrive Supercharger Gears ? Brocks Performance

How can Brock’s Get mapping so close? How can Brock?s get mapping so close? ? Brocks Performance

Since we do not offer a solution to your particular issue, we would suggest Don Guhl/Guhl Motorsports. Don has flash capabilities for the H2 that no other ECU flash company can offer – that’s why we combine his flash capabilities with our tuning/product selection prowess to supply what we consider to be the best combination available. Guhl is in the flash business and offers any number of custom combinations. Please also see our worldwide dealer locator for an authorized Brock’s Performance Dealer near you: Dealer Locator ? Brocks Performance

If you have any additional questions in regard to our products, please contact [email protected] , use our live chat (www.BrocksPerformance.com ), contact us page (Contact Us ? Brocks Performance ) or e-mail me directly: [email protected]

We may still have some problems to iron out with our new site… but being available and responsive is not one of them.

Once again, we appreciate your honest input and best of luck with your project.

Brock
www.Brocksperformance.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Superb stuff, Brock. Thanks very much. Having followed your link for your distributors, I found one not 15 minutes from me.

I'm quite keen on purchasing your auto-blipper, am I right in thinking that only dyno-tune and flash by your distributors can enable that, thus any shop running woolich can not?

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Superb stuff, Brock. Thanks very much. Having followed your link for your distributors, I found one not 15 minutes from me.

I'm quite keen on purchasing your auto-blipper, am I right in thinking that only dyno-tune and flash by your distributors can enable that, thus any shop running woolich can not?
To use the OEM shift switch and auto blipper, our flash and Guhls are the only one we know of. I'm not sure what woolich does as we don't use their products at the moment.

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com

1 - 20 of 23 Posts