Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grew up as a motorcycle mechanic, racer, rider, etc. And winter was always a time that I took as a personal insult. I don't ski etc. The motorcycle business was always slow, no racing, not much riding. And I eat, sleep, dream, breath, ride, live and love motorcycles. I bleed Kawasaki Green. Yes I have other brand bikes, but Kawasakis are special. And having been a original H2 triple owner the H2 name is very special to me.
But knowing I have to wait 6 months before I get my H2, and knowing that most of the winter I can't go ride, I am actually looking forward to winter this time as a time that I know I couldn't ride the H2 if I had it. Maybe I'm just trying to make the best of a painfully long wait.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
May as well...it aint gonna change;)Here it's snow and ice what stops me.Takes some acceptance to wait for Spring.Sa'll good though,think of all the possible 'wreck scenarios' that could have happened riding all year!I know...kinda morbid.But true.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
May as well...it aint gonna change;)Here it's snow and ice what stops me.Takes some acceptance to wait for Spring.Sa'll good though,think of all the possible 'wreck scenarios' that could have happened riding all year!I know...kinda morbid.But true.
I do ride in the winter sometimes. I have PR4s on the Concours and ABS. If the snow melts enough to take a ride I will. But is still sucks. I hate winter.
The only thing that is good about winter is the exercise I get from shoveling the driveway. And it sucks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
first thing I did when i moved up North by a snow blower, screw all that shoveling. I look at my neighbors like they are crazy living here for so long without one.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I have determined that my original post is BS and I am full of $hit (I already knew I was full of it, I just forget) It has been cold the last few days and it just plains sucks a$$ and seems like forever to warm back up.
This is going to be the longest winter of my life. I write code (for slot machines) for a living and sometimes it takes a long time for things such as graphics to load. So when that happens I search for as much info on the H2 as possible, videos, reviews, etc. So now I have seen just about everything and what am I going to do for then next 6-1/2 months??? I need a project bike, because my shop is an awesome place to spend time.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I do envy the people who live in areas the weather is good most of the year, I'm lucky sort of to live in the south west of the UK as its mostly mild down here in winter but still cold. If we get snow it often only lasts a day or 2. Last 20 years we have only had 2 bad winters where we had loads of snow for us and it lasted a few weeks.

But i'm a fare weather rider so from oct to March/April my bikes are kept in the garage. I hate it. But glad I have a few fun cars to use when it's cold and wet.

·
Registered
891 Posts
what is this winter thing you guys are talking about?

Reactions: ayjayef

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what is this winter thing you guys are talking about?
It is a time when time feels like it is standing still, Your bones ache. You long for warmth. You curse the gods because riding your bike is almost painful. Traction sucks. Gravel taints the roads, Pothole bloom. Ice lurks in every shadow on the road. Numbness to the point of pain invades your hands. A$$holes are driving 4 wheel vehicles.
I'm going for a 400 mile ride on the Concours to clear my head, and get in a nice ride before it is too late.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
They sell spiked tires in Finland or somewhere over thata way.Made for snow riding.Seem to actually work **** good.Maybe for NEXT year?And no,it aint March yet.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts