Ninja H2 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Sharky here from the West Midlands in the UK , Previously on a panigale 1299 and a Honda SP ... Needed a mean machine so picked up a 2016 h2... Its quick. Still running it in ... I have gone for the ride it like you stole it break in ... will see how it goes .. seems like a very tough bike.

>:D

So far added a Tail Tidy R&G with Micro Indicators and BST Carbon Wheels and Akrapovic big banana can which is too quiet for me.

Still Need to get it Tuned up with Air Filter and will find a stubby exhaust can to give it a growl...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome from another UK owner.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hi All,

Sharky here from the West Midlands in the UK , Previously on a panigale 1299 and a Honda SP ... Needed a mean machine so picked up a 2016 h2... Its quick. Still running it in ... I have gone for the ride it like you stole it break in ... will see how it goes .. seems like a very tough bike.

>:D

So far added a Tail Tidy R&G with Micro Indicators and BST Carbon Wheels and Akrapovic big banana can which is too quiet for me.

Still Need to get it Tuned up with Air Filter and will find a stubby exhaust can to give it a growl...
Lucky you !
I have one on order and won't see it till March.
As for the ride it like you stole it break in. Take it from a factory trained Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Triumph, BSA, Rickman mechanic.
New bikes are full of new machining, bearing surfaces are rough on a microscopic level and imperfections abound. That break in period the mfgs want is to do a couple of things. First and foremost they want those imperfections to wear in. Think of it this way, if an imperfection is put under a lot of stress (loading the engine like hard acceleration) that imperfection can and will break through the oil film and get a metal to metal contact that causes heat and both parts expand and make the contact worse, causing a scar that can continue to break through the oil film (ever seen a rod bearing go?). If that metal to metal contact is gentle, it still breaks through the oil but it gently wears in like very fine sandpaper and the surfaces mate, that causes a mechanical fit that keeps tolerances correct. Second the best thing you can do to any engine is heat cycle it so the metal gets a good memory, gently run it up, let it off, up, off over and over for the first few miles. Be patient, break it in and let the engine live a long and happy life.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On that note I will take it easy . Been varying the revs ... Upto 9/10k in revs and have been cycling it ... thanks for the tip

Hi All,

Lucky you !
I have one on order and won't see it till March.
As for the ride it like you stole it break in. Take it from a factory trained Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Triumph, BSA, Rickman mechanic.
New bikes are full of new machining, bearing surfaces are rough on a microscopic level and imperfections abound. That break in period the mfgs want is to do a couple of things. First and foremost they want those imperfections to wear in. Think of it this way, if an imperfection is put under a lot of stress (loading the engine like hard acceleration) that imperfection can and will break through the oil film and get a metal to metal contact that causes heat and both parts expand and make the contact worse, causing a scar that can continue to break through the oil film (ever seen a rod bearing go?). If that metal to metal contact is gentle, it still breaks through the oil but it gently wears in like very fine sandpaper and the surfaces mate, that causes a mechanical fit that keeps tolerances correct. Second the best thing you can do to any engine is heat cycle it so the metal gets a good memory, gently run it up, let it off, up, off over and over for the first few miles. Be patient, break it in and let the engine live a long and happy life.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome From Boston MA , USA ! and if your looking for a great sounding and loud slip on! the Hotbodies slip on, while yeah its on the cheaper side at around 250 Dollars US, produces a great sound and not to mention loud! Everytime i go to my parents house on my bike they always complain they can hear me a good 2 minutes before i even arrive! Ive even caught people covering their ears as i drove by through tunnels. But if your looking for something a little better looking, and on the more expensive side, id recommend the SPARK MotoGP slip on.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Weicome from another West Midlands rider. PCR Racing in Cannock is close enough for a reflash and rolling road set up. Dump the cat off and get a full system with DNA filter.

Very different that the panni you will feel the weight difference but to be fair the H2 is more stable and less flighty. Had a 1199 and 1198 and the 1199 was to light for the poor roads we ride on. You will love the H2.

Can sort you a race fit only a few miles from ya

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It sure looks like there are a lot of H2s on that side of the pond. I have yet to lay eyes on one. And I am hoping that the first one I see is mine!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nick ,

Racefit as in you have a spare exhaust going ...

Are you part of PCR racing .. just wondering that was all ?

Will defo use them for a tune up though ...

Cheers

Sha

Weicome from another West Midlands rider. PCR Racing in Cannock is close enough for a reflash and rolling road set up. Dump the cat off and get a full system with DNA filter.

Very different that the panni you will feel the weight difference but to be fair the H2 is more stable and less flighty. Had a 1199 and 1198 and the 1199 was to light for the poor roads we ride on. You will love the H2.

Can sort you a race fit only a few miles from ya

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nick ,

Cheers

Sha
No not part of PCR but know they have done a few H2's from reflash through to stage 2 gears and velocity stacks etc. The exhaust is a friends he put the race fit on but then went to full system. Sounds a lot better than the Akro exhaust.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks ... I picked up a racefit on the weekend from another h2 owner ...

It sounds nice .. phoned PCR ..nice guys .. will give em a go

QUOTE=Nickjc001;295561]
Nick ,

Cheers

Sha
No not part of PCR but know they have done a few H2's from reflash through to stage 2 gears and velocity stacks etc. The exhaust is a friends he put the race fit on but then went to full system. Sounds a lot better than the Akro exhaust.[/QUOTE]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts