Ninja H2 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

lets compare =)

How many km you get with a full tank till the LED shows you to tank?

Last sunday I ride with a full tank till the Fuel LED beam up around 100km :D
I never seen a thirsty beast like that :D

Today between my black forest ride in Germany I fill up the tank with 16 liters. (17liters - max.)
It was a heavy feeling. No Gas Station everywhere -.- But then **** yeah! A station!0:)

Normally I get around 160-180km.

What about you?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I get around 22 mpg and am taking the bike to a track day, I expect around 15 mpg, will see and report back after 6/2.

Rhody...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I usually keep mine on "current" so I can see what combo of speeds and gears get the best.I've gotten as much as 44 mpg at times...cruising.My 'avg' says 26 something.I really don't go by that.Lots of times...for some distances,I'm getting in the upper 30's.The deal is...the tank size.That's one reason it can seem like it's sucking it up.Also...when I fill up...I don't stop at the lower ring there.I fill it(slowly)into the filler neck(I wrap my hand over the fill hole to catch any drops) almost all the way up...leaving pinch room for the cap.It will actually take a pretty fair amount doing that.Kinda rock the bike,get the air out.I'm getting I'd say...around 130+ a tank?

Filling it like that can be a splash down if ya don't fill it slowly.Not that I have...but it could if ya just pumped the fuel in there like it was empty.

·
Registered
69 Posts
done the first 1000km service yesterday, the computer shows average 9.6L/100km

some weekend run with gentle throttle hand gives me something around 7.7L/100km (that's between the fill-up, calculated by the trip metre and litre of fuel)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I did my almost 80 something mile ride a day ago(one way)...filled her up here.Made it to my stopping point...checked the 'us gal'...it read 1.6.That's not too shabby.Course,I've also seen it hit like 13 mpg...you guys know when she gets that...yes?Saw her hit 10mpg day before yesterday...at least once;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I get about 96 mpt (miles per tank) before gas light comes on. Luckily I monitor trip miles so I know when to expect it and fill up just before. When on back roads and miss last station before I hit the next and light comes on, the fill-up is about 3.6 gal... So I'm averaging about 26 mpg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
And if I do a long run?

I usually keep mine on "current" so I can see what combo of speeds and gears get the best.I've gotten as much as 44 mpg at times...cruising.My 'avg' says 26 something.I really don't go by that.Lots of times...for some distances,I'm getting in the upper 30's.The deal is...the tank size.That's one reason it can seem like it's sucking it up.Also...when I fill up...I don't stop at the lower ring there.I fill it(slowly)into the filler neck(I wrap my hand over the fill hole to catch any drops) almost all the way up...leaving pinch room for the cap.It will actually take a pretty fair amount doing that.Kinda rock the bike,get the air out.I'm getting I'd say...around 130+ a tank?

Filling it like that can be a splash down if ya don't fill it slowly.Not that I have...but it could if ya just pumped the fuel in there like it was empty.
I am currently able to scrape making it to my parents' on a tank on my '14 ZX10R cruising at normal UK m/way speeds - about 140 miles. So when you say you get 130+ how fast/hard is that?

Velo

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I was rolling around 100,120mph most of the way.If you stop filling at the bottom of the filler neck,you won't get as many miles.I always top mine off to about 1/2 inch below the lip on the cap.There's still room in there once it hits the filler neck part.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey guys,

lets compare =)

How many km you get with a full tank till the LED shows you to tank?

Last sunday I ride with a full tank till the Fuel LED beam up around 100km :D
I never seen a thirsty beast like that :D

Today between my black forest ride in Germany I fill up the tank with 16 liters. (17liters - max.)
It was a heavy feeling. No Gas Station everywhere -.- But then **** yeah! A station!0:)

Normally I get around 160-180km.

What about you?
Perhaps you need a competition tank (about 24 liters) like in endurance track :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts