Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My h2 currently has around 700 miles on it. In a few months I'm going to be adding tt3 exhaust, sprint filter, stage2 gears, velocity stacks and flash/dyno tune. By the time it goes in the shop it will likely have around 1000 miles, is that enough to start the mods?

·
Registered
702 Posts
My h2 currently has around 700 miles on it. In a few months I'm going to be adding tt3 exhaust, sprint filter, stage2 gears, velocity stacks and flash/dyno tune. By the time it goes in the shop it will likely have around 1000 miles, is that enough to start the mods?

You should be fine.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You taking it to PCR. If you want to chat to him he on Facebook and I messaged him loads before my reflash. Very helpful. Also if it interested you he can fit autoblipper for downshifting. He said about £600 with parts and fitting plus programming ECU. Can't wait for results.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, Pcr I think. I may check him on fb and see what's happening there. I would use bricks as he seems highly rated but I don't want to pull my own ecu and I certainly am not comfortable posting it overseas

·
Registered
625 Posts
For what its worth don't be concerned about sending your ECU, I did mine right before Christmas and it still made it back to me.
My bike has done just 580 miles and still needs its first service but winter is the time to do the upgrades!
Its not too bad a job to pull the ECU, just time consuming and you need to get past the tamper proof bolts (I cut flat screwdriver slots with a dremel)
In terms of Brock's it was a very easy process, just send ECU insured (I used FedEx) record the serial number and pay online. In less than two weeks you'll have a derestricted ECU by Guhl motorsports and a PCV loaded with Brocks map (I requested street/slip on as i'm not concerned about changing my Akra for a few more horses)
Seriously good service by a company that has spent major time on R&D with the H2.
I also took the quickshifter option for clutchless shifts up and down, this will be included in the reflash but you need to buy the ZX10 sensor too.
Had one ride out over Christmas and it feels completely epic, much more responsive and seriously, insanely fast.
That's it for me, its keeping a completely stock out of the box look but has a few performance tweaks under the skin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The other issue with brocks is, I don't believe he offers mapping for the stage 2 gears?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Correct, he's not tested the gears and is not associated with any of its R&D, however with the PCV you'll be able to upload maps from someone that has done the work, no messing with the ECU again.
TBH its not a route I'm remotely interested in taking, a bridge to far for me as I don't want to take chances with reliability. I cant use the power I've got so any more is simply a pub story for me.

·
Registered
502 Posts
@ VMAX

If you are over 105kg you best let me have your H2 (I can use yours for trackdays and mine for the road) as according to the manual, max load is 105 kg, lol

Rob

·
Registered
502 Posts
That's it for me, its keeping a completely stock out of the box look but has a few performance tweaks under the skin.
Thats pretty much my way of thinking

I was lucky enough to have a test ride on the H2 (although I was already gonna get one) and and my initial thought was , feck me, why go chasing more power on this daft thing, keep it stock (ish) and enjoy it for what it is

I changed the akra because its just a tad to big in my eyes but not really bothered about a full system, I have spoke to a few tuners regarding the benefits of re-flashing the ecu and will probably go down that route to smooth out the abrupt throttle nature and let it "breathe" as it should above 10k

I,m nowhere near good enough to use the "out of the crate" power on this beast, not interested in straight line bragging rights, I'll leave that to the LSR guys, for me, smoothness and control is the key

Slightly off topic but I weighed the standard exhaust can today, fecking 8kg:eek:

Rob

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes they are tamper proof Nick, as I said in my post above they are not too bad, just time consuming. I ground slots and shaved off the profile with a dremel to make a flat screwdriver bite, with a bit of force they came out ok. They also thread locked them, fully took the piss out of us in the UK!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Correct, he's not tested the gears and is not associated with any of its R&D, however with the PCV you'll be able to upload maps from someone that has done the work, no messing with the ECU again.
TBH its not a route I'm remotely interested in taking, a bridge to far for me as I don't want to take chances with reliability. I cant use the power I've got so any more is simply a pub story for me.

Well said mate I will probably be going down the same path as you. Reliability much more important to me too...
Interesting o see how highly you recommended Brocks.
What country did you ship from? Oh yes I see now the UK.
I am in Oz so I will do similar I think.
Thanks
Jeffro ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts