Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been covered before. In which case, flame me and/or point me to the thread.

Just curious what mod plans people would have for their new bikes, if at all given it is a limited edition bike.

Personally, and if I do land one, I reckon based on all I have read, I would probably leave her alone....at least for the time being. When I do mod a bike, it's only well after I get to know her stock and can then appreciate the mods even more.

But, to each his own.

Rock.

·
Registered
267 Posts
So far I've bought a Scorpio SR-i900R alarm system.
Looking into GPS applications as well.
Also got some Xpel Xtreme paint protection.
Will get the ECU Flashed by Guhl when they've got everything sorted.
Area P will be making a slip-on and possible link pipe for me as well after they've done some prototypes.
Make my own Fender Eliminator if the stock one doesn't look good in person.
I don't think I'll do much more than that,but you never know.
Maybe some sprocket changes.
Everything will be able to be removed and put back to stock and no one would ever know the difference,if I needed to.

Big thanks to Mike at Riders Discount (site vendor) for a great deal on the alarm.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No need to flame...it has been kicked around before here: http://www.ninjah2.org/forum/ninja-h2-general-discussion/4962-first-bike-accessory-3.html

For me it will be:

1) Paint protection
2) ECU reflash
3) Exhaust
For me it will be:

1) Paint protection
2) ECU reflash
3) Exhaust[/QUOTE]

Didn't consider the "paint protection". Always thought that was a con-job when you bought a car and just before you signed, they'd wheel out the leather, paint and tinting salesman.

Personally the ECU for me, I couldn't see a reason for it to begin with (at least), but saying that, I ride insane bikes already that people can't understand why I do.

Agree on the exhaust and would probably go what the H2R has for no other reason than to keep it closer to Kawasaki stock.

Rock.

·
Registered
867 Posts
ECU flash the same day I get her home. Full system if they have it, if not then a slip on and I'll lose the cat and a new air filter..... Then ride the **** outta it....

·
Registered
267 Posts
How can you possibly protect the paint, other than with a tank pad (rider's zipper/belt)?
There are numerous ways to protect not only the color and lustre of your paint,but there are also ways to minimize the chances of scratches,stone chips and the rubbing of your leathers or whatever you ride in.
3M make a range of car-bra's etc for cars and also motorcycles.Xpel Technologies make a range of clear sheets cut to size that also offer protection to your duco.
They are all easily removable and replaceable.
This paint to replicate is not.You won't just be able to touch-up a chip and not notice it.
Any protection is better than none.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Nothing to do other than ENJOY and ride that torque curve ( LINE ) ...and a fair bit if licking>:D

Carbon fibre work will be next winters project.

All the mods will be on my zx12r's.

Looking forward to a clutch that works on launch ....Currently cant launch above 2K revs ,,,but once that clutch is engaged..............:D

·
Registered
473 Posts
- A few tasteful stickers
- Wrist band for the brake fluid reservoir
- Full SUPER LOUD exhaust
- Tail tidy to include integrated brake light/turn signals
- Gearing with gold chain
- PCV
- Air filter
- Smoked wind screen
- Remove all reflectors
- Extended swing arm
- Maybe paint it to look like Ricky Gadson's bike.

He he he! Just kidding>:D; The only plans I have at this time is to remove some weight by replacing the muffler. My dealer made arrangements for us to bring the H2 to M4 and see if they are willing to make a full exhaust for the bike. If not I may get a Muzzy M10 and have a fabricator fit it to the stock header. My goal is to lose weight and enhance sound but keep the sound level in check.
Guhl flash for sure after he's done with OneArmBandit's (I figure after the guy rides the crap out of his H2 with the Guhl flash and it holds up, it should be safe:p).
The only other possible mod will be to likely have bar risers fabricated by a guy here locally that will be able to do so and make it look like it came on the bike that way. Just have to see how the H2 travels, the old buttocks and back don't hold up like the used to. :(

Reactions: ben1000z

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Already on my list of things to do: an ECU reflash, mirror blanks, 1 tooth smaller rear chainwheel and a GPS alarm.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm really not planning on changing much. Seems to me that the H2 is gonna come outfitted with amazing parts in the first place. I'm at least gonna see how that works before I go meddling with things.

·
Registered
240 Posts
There are numerous ways to protect not only the color and lustre of your paint,but there are also ways to minimize the chances of scratches,stone chips and the rubbing of your leathers or whatever you ride in.
3M make a range of car-bra's etc for cars and also motorcycles.Xpel Technologies make a range of clear sheets cut to size that also offer protection to your duco.
They are all easily removable and replaceable.
This paint to replicate is not.You won't just be able to touch-up a chip and not notice it.
Any protection is better than none.
+ 1

·
Registered
259 Posts
My List is:
-Complete Carbon h2
-Handbuild Carbon AIR snorkel and costoum dual air filter in the front
-Complete exhaust made from Titan
- ecu Flash and dyno run
- After that may some Engine Tuning from German Engine tuners

/my Limit 20k and 280rw Hp

Reactions: ben1000z and Bazza

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wouldn't do much other than making sure that the paint is protected. I don't pretend to know enough about the technical side to make choices that are going to benefit the performance of a bike like this.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My List is:
-Complete Carbon h2
-Handbuild Carbon AIR snorkel and costoum dual air filter in the front
-Complete exhaust made from Titan
- ecu Flash and dyno run
- After that may some Engine Tuning from German Engine tuners

/my Limit 20k and 280rw Hp
Fine. Do you have a link for the Titan's exhaust?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts