Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all There is no intel on how many H2's have been produced, and the only way to find out is by whom has the highest serial number on their chase, mine is 1203 any higher takers?

·
Registered
787 Posts
3 a day , 100 a month , 2 years production run . Expect 2500 ish . possibly a 3rd year now people are getting on board with how dirty this lady of the night is.

·
Registered
577 Posts
From a Dutch magazine

Of the 106 units that exist in the United Kingdom from the H2 and H2R sold approximately 60% actually used, while the corresponding figures in the UK is much lower. "We bought it for the Benelux 5 for Belgium and 25 for the Netherlands, but I think it is only a handful of on license put. The vast majority have it anyway purchased as investment property

(written in Dutch and translated with Google Translate)

So looks like just over 100 in the UK (tallies with an average of two or three per dealer which was a number mentioned to me by Kawasaki UK) and 30 for Belgium/Holland - but most of those have not been registered on the road and will be kept as collectors items or for investment.

I would have expected the largest markets for the H2 to be the US, UK, and Japan. So a total production figure of 2,000 or so does not sound too far out. But of those bikes , probably less than 50% will ever actually be ridden

·
Registered
835 Posts
From a Dutch magazine

Of the 106 units that exist in the United Kingdom from the H2 and H2R sold approximately 60% actually used, while the corresponding figures in the UK is much lower. "We bought it for the Benelux 5 for Belgium and 25 for the Netherlands, but I think it is only a handful of on license put. The vast majority have it anyway purchased as investment property

(written in Dutch and translated with Google Translate)

So looks like just over 100 in the UK (tallies with an average of two or three per dealer which was a number mentioned to me by Kawasaki UK) and 30 for Belgium/Holland - but most of those have not been registered on the road and will be kept as collectors items or for investment.

I would have expected the largest markets for the H2 to be the US, UK, and Japan. So a total production figure of 2,000 or so does not sound too far out. But of those bikes , probably less than 50% will ever actually be ridden
We should be able to tell exactly how many are on the road in the UK at the end of December when the "How many left " government web site gets updated .
The H2 will make a short turn poor investment , brand new one on eBay now reduced by £2,000 GDP on sale for 20,000 .
Best get out there and ride the bloody things , no point just looking at it even though I enjoy doing that as well .

·
Registered
787 Posts
Me shocked. Obviously my opinion is short of the truth but now the 2016 model is launched the seller has missed a trick or I have. I kinda know its me out of professional respect but wtf 10% off.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
A few months ago I had a back and forth email conversation with Consumer Services at Kawasaki Motors Corp. U.S.A. in Irvine, California. I wanted to know what the production numbers where for the H2. I'd mounted some feeble excuse about the need to know to insure Kawasaki had produced enough examples to make the H2 legal running a stock class under SCTA rules.

No amount of prying could make them budge. They were and are extremely tight lipped about the subject. The final exchange I had with them was there was "....there is no one here that can help you!" Only they know why they are keeping production numbers under a lid. Seems pretty crazy too me!

·
Registered
835 Posts
A few months ago I had a back and forth email conversation with Consumer Services at Kawasaki Motors Corp. U.S.A. in Irvine, California. I wanted to know what the production numbers where for the H2. I'd mounted some feeble excuse about the need to know to insure Kawasaki had produced enough examples to make the H2 legal running a stock class under SCTA rules.

No amount of prying could make them budge. They were and are extremely tight lipped about the subject. The final exchange I had with them was there was "....there is no one here that can help you!" Only they know why they are keeping production numbers under a lid. Seems pretty crazy too me!
If Kawasaki really wanted to hide production numbers they would not start them at 000001 . It's at least 1490 as that is my one , just keep a lookout for the highest chassis number .

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
If Kawasaki really wanted to hide production numbers they would not start them at 000001 . It's at least 1490 as that is my one , just keep a lookout for the highest chassis number .
I agree with you however, that cannot explain the attitude Kawasaki exhibited in our exchanges.

Must be something else to it.:|

·
Registered
787 Posts
first bike delivered to a customer was 489. seen 1** numbers coming through now. I had the chaNce to pull nUmbers from two H2r'S. . didn't bother.should have

·
Registered
210 Posts
the one i dont ride is #-0 .1 with matching eng. its a drawing

·
Registered
248 Posts

I might catch a lashing for this but banned user-H2R was hinting that Kawasaki was doing something funny. He got, for lack of better word, lynched for his thoughts. Sure had he had proof, that would have been a different story but now I think about it, could this have been what he was talking about?.. 0:) Again, this is just me but I can see why most would be upset at Kawasaki for this stunt. by stunt I mean a 2016 version. They truly were misleading customers and their own reps about the facts. To be honest, I'm a bit upset but not surprised. I can understand tight lips but to a point, it can tarnish a reputation if the lips are too tight.

·
Registered
577 Posts
To be honest I have no problem at all with Kawasaki doing a 16 model. I am, however, glad it looks like it will be a different colour scheme - that makes ours unique as the 'first year' models.

One thing that has surprised me this year is the number of aftermarket manufacturers producing parts for a low volume model - continuing production into 2016 will increase the numbers of bikes out there and will (hopefully) tempt more manufacturers into producing parts. Track day fairings anyone ? ..........

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I might catch a lashing for this but banned user-H2R was hinting that Kawasaki was doing something funny. He got, for lack of better word, lynched for his thoughts. Sure had he had proof, that would have been a different story but now I think about it, could this have been what he was talking about?.. 0:) Again, this is just me but I can see why most would be upset at Kawasaki for this stunt. by stunt I mean a 2016 version. They truly were misleading customers and their own reps about the facts. To be honest, I'm a bit upset but not surprised. I can understand tight lips but to a point, it can tarnish a reputation if the lips are too tight.
That turkey was banned not for his content, but for the way he presented it. Too many times our membership took issue with him. He deservedly got canned.

That aside, I also believe the Kawasaki folks treat the consumer waters in a manner they feel is beneficial to their interests. Leaves us a bit in the dark and opens the door to rampant speculation.

I grew tired of trying to make issues out of a non-issues and am simply enjoying my refined but savage beast. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Clip on Risers

To be honest I have no problem at all with Kawasaki doing a 16 model. I am, however, glad it looks like it will be a different colour scheme - that makes ours unique as the 'first year' models.

One thing that has surprised me this year is the number of aftermarket manufacturers producing parts for a low volume model - continuing production into 2016 will increase the numbers of bikes out there and will (hopefully) tempt more manufacturers into producing parts. Track day fairings anyone ? ..........

Maybe we will see some Clip On Risers from Helibars , DanMoto or C. Dolan. Dolan did stock appearing risers on his H2 with some minor modifications.

·
Registered
574 Posts
As far as getting mad at Kawasaki, there seem to be two issues here. The first has to do with the 2015 being exclusive. Some people may have gotten verbals that it was a one-time deal, but I never saw anything on the website or in any kind of release that these would be one year only models. The order period made sense so that they would not make 5000 and only sell 500, or vice versa. At least these bikes will be exclusive to the extent that we will own the first year models. As for releasing production numbers, I am guessing they either did not know, or were just being asses when contacted. I suspect at some point they will release numbers. Part of it may have been just dealing with a trade secret of not wanting to alert the rest of the market that they were selling thousands of these bikes, or that they were a dismal failure. The H2 will always be a "segment" bike possibly something like the Vmax or the Bking. I'm not sure why the Vmax has continued to sell year after year when the Bking only hung around for a year or two.

Reactions: 880turbo
1 - 20 of 65 Posts