Ninja H2 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
My understanding for the United States is approx. 300 H2s and 50 H2Rs.

·
Registered
867 Posts
My understanding for the United States is approx. 300 H2s and 50 H2Rs.
I was told by a Kawi rep there was 220 in the US and like 600 total with 25 being H2Rs

·
Registered
473 Posts
So apparently none of us really know for sure. :eek:

My info came from the kawi area rep, and it was not exact numbers, so I really don't know. I wonder if somebody at HQ would let us know now that they have been released? Who's got their number!

·
Registered
244 Posts
So the H2R is really, really exclusive then. The chances of you passing by another one on the road are slim to none. Well, I guess you also wouldn't be riding on the road, you'd have to be driving on the track.

Can't wait to see some of the few that are out there on our forum.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Folks have been reporting chassis numbers into the high 700's and I'm sure we haven't seen the highest one. My understanding (secondhand) is that they sold somewhere near 1100 total worldwide, of which around 200 were R's. No one has yet reported on this website a chassis number for any R or even receiving one at a dealer.

It appears that aside from pre-production examples, they built all the regular ones before the R's.

·
Registered
267 Posts
There's an R at my dealer now in the crate.
Will be unpacked and pre-delivered early next week.
I'll try and swing past and get a chassis no.

·
Registered
473 Posts
There's an R at my dealer now in the crate.
Will be unpacked and pre-delivered early next week.
I'll try and swing past and get a chassis no.
See if you can find out who the owner is and contact them to tell them about this site. We would love for as many H2R owners to join in and share their experiences with the H2R.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Are the H2's all California emission spec

I've been looking at a lot of the pics of people taking delivery of there bikes and noticed that all the pics indicate that the H2 is built with the California Emissions. I'm in TX and according the downloadable manual, the big label on the tank and the label on the swing arm indicate California emissions. My friends bike has those same labels. So, does this mean that all the H2's built are California Emissions Spec?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I picked up my H2R today. Number 48. I was told that there were 34 actually purchased in the U.S. 3 by dealers and 31 by individuals.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i think its a bit hard to get numbers at the moment since kawasaki re opened up more batches of the H2 and probably the H2r.. so wait till its properly closed and then we can see where they're at roughly?

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I've been looking at a lot of the pics of people taking delivery of there bikes and noticed that all the pics indicate that the H2 is built with the California Emissions. I'm in TX and according the downloadable manual, the big label on the tank and the label on the swing arm indicate California emissions. My friends bike has those same labels. So, does this mean that all the H2's built are California Emissions Spec?
I believe there are several other US states that have adopted California emission standards in the last few years, so it might be that ... do other models in the dealer have the same sticker?

It definitely won't be "all the H2's built", because my Canadian-spec bike doesn't have the US compliance labels - it has the Canadian compliance labels, and likewise the EU models will have the EU compliance labels. But it's quite possible that the only differences are the labels and the ECU. It's easier for the manufacturers to make 'em all the same and only change software as needed.

The real question will be whether they all have the California evaporative-emissions charcoal canister. That's something that is usually omitted from non-California models, because that one costs real money. Who has the parts diagram? That would answer this.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I believe there are several other US states that have adopted California emission standards in the last few years, so it might be that ... do other models in the dealer have the same sticker?

It definitely won't be "all the H2's built", because my Canadian-spec bike doesn't have the US compliance labels - it has the Canadian compliance labels, and likewise the EU models will have the EU compliance labels. But it's quite possible that the only differences are the labels and the ECU. It's easier for the manufacturers to make 'em all the same and only change software as needed.

The real question will be whether they all have the California evaporative-emissions charcoal canister. That's something that is usually omitted from non-California models, because that one costs real money. Who has the parts diagram? That would answer this.
May I ask the you Ex number(on the frame).
Ours(HK) are E4

According to Suzuki's workshop manual, E1 is world version, E3 is US version, E4 is French version, E33 is US California version, forgot the others!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I think that the US bikes..not just California..have that canister.Mine does.I don't know about the ECU settings...that may be something ONLY for California.If it does have something in the ECU...I certainly can't tell anything.Had mine flashed by Don...she runs excellent.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts