Ninja H2 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at STRADALE'S pictures of his 2015 H2 after 12,000 miles and it looks super clean . Do we have higher mileage H2s on this site ? How is the fit and finish holding up ? Stone chips etc , any parts of the bike starting to deteriorate ?
I have not done enough miles to comment but looking at STRADALE'S bike it looks like it keeps its looks well .

Any winter ridden H2s out there for a true test of this bike ?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I can't give you an opinion based on a high road mileage but my 2015 H2 has had two seasons of land speed racing, a lot of loading into the van and unloading involving strapping down, scrutineering at every meeting, some dyno' sessions and one or two soakings in the rain.

So far all is good with the bodywork. I use micro fibre cloths and a good quality wax polish, I never polish with a circular motion to avoid swirls and it still looks like new.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
So far, so good. I applied 3M paint protection film myself to a few crucial areas, and I try not to ride behind gravel trucks (actually, in 5000 km my H2 has only been on the motorway once and has never seen city traffic). It has hard to keep clean - but the finish underneath seems to be standing up well.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I had mine professionally wrapped before I did any riding. For me it was a must because I'm racing with my group in the canyons every weekend and get rocks kicked up at me all the time. But so far so good, it still looks new.

·
Registered
288 Posts
18,500 ks on mine all on the road,bike was fully wrapped so still looks good, doubt it would look that way if not wrapped.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I had mine professionally wrapped before I did any riding. For me it was a must because I'm racing with my group in the canyons every weekend and get rocks kicked up at me all the time. But so far so good, it still looks new.
I found the answer to damage from getting rocks kicked at you - be the rider in front. Easy on the H2.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I found the answer to damage from getting rocks kicked at you - be the rider in front. Easy on the H2.
agreed! I jump out to take the lead every chance I get for that very reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts