Ninja H2 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Im wondering if they could make the sprocket any bigger....Jesus. Just attach the chain to the rim.

NOLA

·
Registered
183 Posts
The 218 mph claim is apparently with partial streamliner fairing, not the stock fairing.

I've never before seen a motorcycle's top speed advertised not with the stock fairing, but with partial streamliner.

If only Kawasaki had thunk of that for the ZX-12R (or thought of releasing a track-only model first with pipe, no restriction, and if still needed for 200+, a little port cleanup, bigger throttle bodies, cams and higher compression.)

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'm waiting for the new model to drop and then I'll be getting one. Per the CEO, It's going to be around $75k have 250hp and 200ftlbs of torque base on the current prototype that they're running at Bonneville Speed Week that starts tomorrow.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm waiting for the new model to drop and then I'll be getting one. Per the CEO, It's going to be around $75k have 250hp and 200ftlbs of torque base on the current prototype that they're running at Bonneville Speed Week that starts tomorrow.

Something new for you to rag apart and modify to death Turbo
Got to be honest, does zero for me, I'll only go electric when there is no choice but I'm not in any way negative about its abilities, I'm sure it's a very rapid mobility scooter!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
702 Posts
Something new for you to rag apart and modify to death Turbo
Got to be honest, does zero for me, I'll only go electric when there is no choice but I'm not in any way negative about its abilities, I'm sure it's a very rapid mobility scooter!

I doubt there will be any hop up for that bike. To be honest, it'll be an exercise just getting used to not having a clutch. I'm sure I'll try to reach for it a whole bunch of times.

The way they dial in their powerband for the Lightning, you don't get access to full torque until you are at 60% throttle or more. So it should be very civil around town.

·
Registered
625 Posts
TBH that's a good point, I never considered the lack of a clutch, a whole new experience but again I feel the rider involvement is being diluted - no noise, no clutch, just twist and go... The future I guess but not one I'm really looking forward to... Not cheap but will be very interested to hear your opinion should you make the investment.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The 218 mph claim is apparently with partial streamliner fairing, not the stock fairing.
Yeah, looks a fair bit different (pic below) but still a great result. That was 6 years ago (nearly to the day).

200 torques is nuts, a straight arm ride for sure.

Any mention of run-time or weight?

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
TBH that's a good point, I never considered the lack of a clutch, a whole new experience but again I feel the rider involvement is being diluted - no noise, no clutch, just twist and go... The future I guess but not one I'm really looking forward to... Not cheap but will be very interested to hear your opinion should you make the investment.

Spot on Rich

I appreciate elec-tricary is the future but they better start making a button with a soundtrack on

Bit like driving a bmw i8 after my 350Z, utterly fecking souless

Rob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts