Ninja H2 banner

221 - 224 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Now you see why I want the district rep to ride it. I could bring a dyno chart with a weak tit 170hp and have them say "What is my problem?", and we know good and well that is unacceptable So I want to be armed with info, have him ride it and show that it is earthbound for the most part, which in turn would cause a chain of events to figure out the issue.

It could be nothing more than the assisted clutch not getting the tension, although I'm pretty sure that is not it, I am very sensitive to slipping clutches.

Maybe a BOV that doesn't seal quickly in the transition between open and close and that wouldn't show up in a dyno run.
Maybe a defective or improperly aligned IMU, I need a to see a 2018 service manual to check that.

What bugs me is why don't I ever see the TC come on if the TC is intervening, much less ever?

I hear you, that’s a tough nut to crack, usually it’s an apparent warranty type problem or noise or something that can see, hear or diagnose but if you are down on performance harder to get resolved, especially considering the bad info. you got on power.

How does she build revs, have you tried comparing a video of another bike to see if she takes more time to run through the gears or timing from a certain mph to the speed limiter? Not saying this will be definitive but will she hit the speed limiter in 6th? Would be interesting to see a highway pull, running 2nd or 3rd-6th Dunno just throwing some ideas out there.

Your bike has different electronics vs. my 2015 but especially when I was just getting used to the bike & had the TC on a higher level, it would come on constantly, not even at wide open throttle.... But for the traction control not to ever come on even WOT in corners something is amiss, even 170-175rwhp, that’s still a 190-196bhp bike which should still easily break free the tire/activate TC, especially considering where in the revs the H2 makes hp & tq.

Hope you find some answers.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
I hear you, that’s a tough nut to crack, usually it’s an apparent warranty type problem or noise or something that can see, hear or diagnose but if you are down on performance harder to get resolved, especially considering the bad info. you got on power.

How does she build revs, have you tried comparing a video of another bike to see if she takes more time to run through the gears or timing from a certain mph to the speed limiter? Not saying this will be definitive but will she hit the speed limiter in 6th? Would be interesting to see a highway pull, running 2nd or 3rd-6th Dunno just throwing some ideas out there.

Your bike has different electronics vs. my 2015 but especially when I was just getting used to the bike & had the TC on a higher level, it would come on constantly, not even at wide open throttle.... But for the traction control not to ever come on even WOT in corners something is amiss, even 170-175rwhp, that’s still a 190-196bhp bike which should still easily break free the tire/activate TC, especially considering where in the revs the H2 makes hp & tq.

Hope you find some answers.
I have a few videos, most are at altitude, they are further back in this thread. The bike seems fast, but the problem is, is it as fast as it should be?

Is seems to build revs well. But the phucking front wheel is glued to the ground. And the TC never comes on. I can easily ride it with the TC off and never spin up the rear tire. Like I said it acts like the TC is just on max and doesn't report.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bit late for an old topic but can't help it.
Could it be as simple to turn Traction Control OFF , since the 17 and on. has wheelie control. Then it should wheelie for you

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wayyyy late for a reply to this thread, but was reading through and thought I would comment. The gearing change and throttle tube changes you made are contributing factors. Your gearing change is a fairly substantial one whether you realize that or not. Not sure why you would gear it taller so significantly if you wanted maximum accelerative performance, that’s cross purposes for sure. My H2 with a full system and a flash is a monster, I’m fighting wheelies in the first four gears with any type of aggressive throttle application. I just took her out to gas her up and she was lifting power wheelies in 3rd gear at will. If your still having problems get a good tune from Guhl or simply flash it yourself using wooly software. De-restricting and getting the afr correct makes for a crisp feeling, powerful monster. When I ride with other modern sport bikes they can’t even keep me in sight. Mind numbing acceleration. If you aren’t feeling that, set the gearing back to stock, put your throttle tube back to stock, and start fresh. Just my 2c sir.

221 - 224 of 224 Posts