Ninja H2 banner

201 - 220 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Ted, I still feel the only way you are going to get solid data is to run it up on a dyno.

If it’s doing around 195-205 bhp then it’s fine and your electronics are keeping you on the ground (or are not disabling correctly) If it’s doing much less then you have an engine output problem.

To be honest I’m amazed you’ve not done this after all this time, especially after all the phone calls and questions on the board...

If it were mine and I felt that strongly, I’d ride as far as it took to get it checked independently and obtain solid data to take back to Kawasaki.

I’m not the only forum member to suggest this!

In my opinion asking some guy to take it for a ride isn’t going to give you the answer you clearly need, if he says “it’s fine” then what?

Hopefully he says it’s not fine and you get a result but most manufacturers defend their products until proven otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Here is the main issue with the dyno. So lets say it comes out 175, which I'm sure it will do. Then they will say there is nothing wrong, 175 is the number they said was just fine. No, I want them to say it is not okay. The guy going for a ride has ridden many H2s and works on their race team.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Here is the main issue with the dyno. So lets say it comes out 175, which I'm sure it will do. Then they will say there is nothing wrong, 175 is the number they said was just fine. No, I want them to say it is not okay. The guy going for a ride has ridden many H2s and works on their race team.

175?? Do they know they’re talking about an H2? My mates bone stock ZX10RR winter edition just put down 190bhp DIN straight out the box.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Haven’t ridden an H2 w/ the new Bosch unit so can’t say how much it could be limiting wheelies but yes when stock my 2015 would lift in 3rd & even 4th sometimes.

Do agree at least w/ a dyno you’d have legitimate data. I’ve seen 15-16 H2’s on very stingy dynos make mid 180’srwhp but say your bike makes 160 or 170 or the power doesn’t build & flatline like normal, whatever,,,think you’d at least have good info to work w/. Most 15-16 stock H2’s dyno in the mid-high 190’s w/ a few outliers/giving dynos over 200rwhp.....Stock 10R’s usually put down approx. 165rwhp/75ft/lbs, don’t know what the RR’s makes though when fitted w/ the optional full on race kit/ high lift cam, race ecu, Akra full/catless pipe etc.

Admit I haven’t read the whole thread but if you don’t want to take it to a dyno how about finding someone w/ an H2 to roll race, straight. Similar rider weight would be best & agree on gear, rpm shift points, etc. Don’t know if having somebody else ride it even if familiar w/ the bike is going to give you any more than ?’s. Say he says it feels normal,,,,doesn’t sound like you’re going to be satisfied w/ that. And if he’s from Kawi. depends but might be more likely that he’ll just say it’s fine.

But never seeing the TC light even on higher settings & wide open throttle in corners seems very strange, unless that has something to do w/ the IMU/lean angle, no idea not that familiar w/ how the new IMU restricts power in corners/during lean, but....

·
Registered
625 Posts
Haven’t ridden an H2 w/ the new Bosch unit so can’t say how much it could be limiting wheelies but yes when stock my 2015 would lift in 3rd & even 4th sometimes.

Do agree at least w/ a dyno you’d have legitimate data. I’ve seen 15-16 H2’s on very stingy dynos make mid 180’srwhp but say your bike makes 160 or 170 or the power doesn’t build & flatline like normal, whatever,,,think you’d at least have good info to work w/. Most 15-16 stock H2’s dyno in the mid-high 190’s w/ a few outliers/giving dynos over 200rwhp.....Stock 10R’s usually put down approx. 165rwhp/75ft/lbs, don’t know what the RR’s makes though when fitted w/ the optional full on race kit/ high lift cam, race ecu, Akra full/catless pipe etc.

Admit I haven’t read the whole thread but if you don’t want to take it to a dyno how about finding someone w/ an H2 to roll race, straight. Similar rider weight would be best & agree on gear, rpm shift points, etc. Don’t know if having somebody else ride it even if familiar w/ the bike is going to give you any more than ?’s. Say he says it feels normal,,,,doesn’t sound like you’re going to be satisfied w/ that. And if he’s from Kawi. depends but might be more likely that he’ll just say it’s fine.

But never seeing the TC light even on higher settings & wide open throttle in corners seems very strange, unless that has something to do w/ the IMU/lean angle, no idea not that familiar w/ how the new IMU restricts power in corners/during lean, but....

I’ve got to be honest, if I had an H2 that put down 180 I’d be very disappointed.

I’m not going to go down the whole chasing numbers thing, we all know the dyno, climate, fuel etc etc make it a minefield but every test I’ve seen in uk publications have been in or around 200bhp.

Lowest was 195 the best was 205

The guys running ZX10’s, R1’s, GSXR’s etc are all in and around 190 over here.

A couple of the guys (see pic) have ZX10’s that put down 190 (with Akra) and after cat removal and link pipe are seeing 200bhp.

The 175 figure Ted has been quoted as being acceptable is (in my opinion) completely unacceptable!!

Maybe we have good fuel and optimistic Dynos:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I’ve got to be honest, if I had an H2 that put down 180 I’d be very disappointed.

I’m not going to go down the whole chasing numbers thing, we all know the dyno, climate, fuel etc etc make it a minefield but every test I’ve seen in uk publications have been in or around 200bhp.

Lowest was 195 the best was 205

The guys running ZX10’s, R1’s, GSXR’s etc are all in and around 190 over here.

A couple of the guys (see pic) have ZX10’s that put down 190 (with Akra) and after cat removal and link pipe are seeing 200bhp.

The 175 figure Ted has been quoted as being acceptable is (in my opinion) completely unacceptable!!

Maybe we have good fuel and optimistic Dynos:

I’ve saved every H2 dyno that has come across this board & could find on the net so could post quite a bit of them but most are in the mid-high 190’s, mid 180 is the low but seen a few there but not the a avg./norm, obviously a stingy dyno as I mentioned but guys here on the board have posted them. I’ve seen 204rwhp even 207 but those are outliers. Cycle World got 189rwhp:
https://www.cycleworld.com/2015/11/11/kawasaki-ninja-h2-sportbike-motorcycle-dyno-run-video-and-performance-chart

I wouldn’t be happy w/ 175rwhp H2 either. It’s also where the H2 makes peak power, much lower in the rev band & probably 20%+ more ft/lbs then other liter bikes.

Stock Gixxer’s ZX10R’s, R1M’s do not make 190’s rwhp. The BMW S1000RR doesn’t even make that, the Bimmer is usually in the high 170’s to mid 180’s rwhp. Stock those bikes (10R, R1, Gixxer 1k) make high 160’s to 170’s.

The pic & dyno chart you posted below where that ZX10R made 190rwhp is AFTER a reflash, is it STD, SAE? But if it’s making 190rwhp after the reflash probably + a higher rev limit, why would a stock ZX10R make the same 190 rwhp?

Just found that actual chart of that 10R & after the reflash plus Akra can in 77F/ 16% humidity it made 190.35 STD, which is going to read slightly higher #’s than the more accepted/accurate SAE. And I’d say from looking at BSD’s other charts they have a giving dyno as well.

Just a few basic charts quick, literally the first ones I came across but if you look at 25 dynos of these bikes the avg rwhp stock is right in this rwhp area:

ZX10R

ZX10R

R1

R1

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
I agree 175 would be not only disappointing but heartbreaking.

This is why a seat of the pant assessment might be a good thing. The guy rides it and says it doesn't feel right and won't lift the wheel. Now it is in the books. Second there is really no dynos close by. And the ones that are around are not doing sport bikes because it makes all the work they do on Harleys look stupid. I called around and still can't find anyone to run it. The one I could have used got sold and is out of commission for who knows how long.
@STRADALE I have the only one in Northern Nevada, if I had someones to compare to, this thread would be moot.

I just got back from a ride and the thing just doesn't lift the wheel in any gear. Not at this altitude.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Why don't you do a 1/4 mile run and see what the time is, this will give you an indication. Launch control and quick shifter makes it a breeze. If you don't feel confidant get some lunatic to ride it for you.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I’ve saved every H2 dyno that has come across this board & could find on the net so could post quite a bit of them but most are in the mid-high 190’s, mid 180 is the low but seen a few there but not the a avg./norm, obviously a stingy dyno as I mentioned but guys here on the board have posted them. I’ve seen 204rwhp even 207 but those are outliers. Cycle World got 189rwhp:
https://www.cycleworld.com/2015/11/11/kawasaki-ninja-h2-sportbike-motorcycle-dyno-run-video-and-performance-chart

I wouldn’t be happy w/ 175rwhp H2 either. It’s also where the H2 makes peak power, much lower in the rev band & probably 20%+ more ft/lbs then other liter bikes.

Stock Gixxer’s ZX10R’s, R1M’s do not make 190’s rwhp. The BMW S1000RR doesn’t even make that, the Bimmer is usually in the high 170’s to mid 180’s rwhp. Stock those bikes (10R, R1, Gixxer 1k) make high 160’s to 170’s.

The pic & dyno chart you posted below where that ZX10R made 190rwhp is AFTER a reflash, is it STD, SAE? But if it’s making 190rwhp after the reflash probably + a higher rev limit, why would a stock ZX10R make the same 190 rwhp?

Just found that actual chart of that 10R & after the reflash plus Akra can in 77F/ 16% humidity it made 190.35 STD, which is going to read slightly higher #’s than the more accepted/accurate SAE. And I’d say from looking at BSD’s other charts they have a giving dyno as well.

Just a few basic charts quick, literally the first ones I came across but if you look at 25 dynos of these bikes the avg rwhp stock is right in this rwhp area:

ZX10R

ZX10R

R1

R1

Stradale,

Has this become a competition on who can post the most ZX10 dyno graphs?!!

Well it made me smile regardless

I fully accept your point but shall retort with my own from this months Performance Bikes magazine where they measured two ZX10’s just shy of 189bhp (below)

Also check out Brock’s (650ib) dyno session from 2016: ZX10 181 bhp R1 185bhp & 213bhp for stock H2...

As I said in my previous post, there are way too many variables in dyno numbers but as a ballpark average they are all higher than the 175bhp Ted has been told is completely acceptable for his H2.

In my humble opinion 175-180 is sh#t for a stock H2 when clearly naturally aspirated bikes are laying down more.

The subject has gone off track but my opinion hasn’t changed, Ted needs to Dyno his bike and if it’s anything less than the early 190’s he will have solid justification to question Kawasaki

https://youtu.be/MHU9pj-xEUY

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Stradale,

Has this become a competition on who can post the most ZX10 dyno graphs?!!

Well it made me smile regardless

I fully accept your point but shall retort with my own from this months Performance Bikes magazine where they measured two ZX10’s just shy of 189bhp (below)

Also check out Brock’s (650ib) dyno session from 2016: ZX10 181 bhp R1 185bhp & 213bhp for stock H2...

As I said in my previous post, there are way too many variables in dyno numbers but as a ballpark average they are all they higher than the 175bhp Ted has been told is completely acceptable for his H2.

In my humble opinion 175-180 is sh#t for a stock H2 when clearly naturally aspirated bikes are laying down more.

The subject has gone off track but my opinion hasn’t changed, Ted needs to Dyno his bike and if it’s anything less than the early 190’s he will have solid justification to question Kawasaki

https://youtu.be/MHU9pj-xEUY

Never said that the H2 makes 175-180 rwhp, in fact no one did. And Ted never said he was told 175rwhp was acceptable, he was just speculating that if it made a very low # of 175 what IF they said that was within the norm.......I didn’t even say that it typically makes mid 180’s, I said there are a couple of posters here (low outliers) that have posted such & if you look back I’m in those threads saying it’s an extremely low #, not the norm. Like I mentioned twice, most I’ve see make mid-high 190’s. You even mentioned 195rwhp for the H2 which would kinda suck for the H2 if the 10R actually makes 190 rwhp all day long,,, what would be the point of a heavy supercharger, if 190rwhp is the avg for what 10R’s make stock w/ it’s weight advantage would probably leave an H2 sitting still, or at minimum the H2 wouldn’t have any advantage. The flashed 10R you posted about from BSD at 190rwhp was also STD so higher, (probably 186 SAE but that’s flashed) So if a stock 10R makes 190rwhp, what a waste of money & effort for the can & mapping to achieve the same 190rwhp result as a stock 10R, no?

If you search back into the dyno chart threads you’ll see that there was a ton of info on Brock’s dyno from back then (early 2016), some people (not me) complaining that it was a very giving/generous dyno. Not because of that but don’t think Brock still uses that machine, heard his new w/ better tech. dyno is more conservative, Just like how Don Guhls dyno was notoriously stingy,, as you can see here w/ an H2 @ 183rwhp,,,, on his dyno flashed 10R’s make in the 170’s:

The dyno you just posted is not a 10R. Also don’t know if that’s STD or SAE & I would think they’re posting RWHP but it does say BHP.

Kawi rates the 10R at 197 crank hp (without Ram Air) it’s just not making 190rwhp on the dyno but at 197 crank hp, if you use 12% driveline loss, it’s right at that 173rwhp....

There might even be a chart for a 10R out there at 190rwhp, (you certainly haven’t found one yet & definitely couldn’t find as many as I did, lol!) & I literally didn’t even look for low #’s as you looked for high, just posted the first ones in google images but 190 would definitely be on the highest rwhp end on an stock 10R that you will ever see, in other words not close to the average but if it does exist, it’s just like the only stock 213 rwhp H2 in the world. 213 rwhp H2 stock would mean approx. 240bhp (at the crank) for a stock 15-18 H2, sorry would be absolutely great, would love it but not accurate as an avg. of what these bikes make.

I have more respect for Brock than anyone in this business & he’s helped me big time but those #’s achieved by a great operator doing everything perfectly, in perfect conditions on a gifting dyno (that he no longer uses) and in STD is just not an accurate avg. #.... Brock even says that they were “surprised by the results” & the 213 is “the most of any H2 by a pretty big margin” & questioned whether the R1 was flashed. Even the ZX10R in those test conditions on gifting dyno where a stock H2 made a record 213rwhp, the 10R only made 181 on it’s best run, the other runs were 177rwhp & 179whp, again 190 for an avg on a what all stock 10R’s make,,, ain’t happening. If you basically remove 10rwhp from both bikes & you get what we would expect from an H2 hitting a high dyno # of 203rwhp for the H2, would mean 171rwhp for the 10R, those #’s would fall within what both bikes make...

Just so you know, no biggy but “bhp” means brake hp/rated at the motor/crank,, rwhp (rear wheel hp) is what you get on the dyno. You’re using bhp but referring to rwhp, I’m sure you know the difference, jus saying.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I agree 175 would be not only disappointing but heartbreaking.

This is why a seat of the pant assessment might be a good thing. The guy rides it and says it doesn't feel right and won't lift the wheel. Now it is in the books. Second there is really no dynos close by. And the ones that are around are not doing sport bikes because it makes all the work they do on Harleys look stupid. I called around and still can't find anyone to run it. The one I could have used got sold and is out of commission for who knows how long.
@STRADALE I have the only one in Northern Nevada, if I had someones to compare to, this thread would be moot.

I just got back from a ride and the thing just doesn't lift the wheel in any gear. Not at this altitude.

Copy that, having him ride it can’t hurt. This is weird, thought for sure I posted this earlier but it’s not there, second time it’s happened, 2 different threads. Anyway, did you look through DynoJet? Have no idea if all of those are Harley/ custom bike shops & no one is working on sports bikes but if so you have a new business opportunity in Nevada!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Never said that the H2 makes 170-180 rwhp, in fact no one did. And Ted never said he was told 175rwhp was acceptable, he was just speculating that if it made a very low # of 175 what IF they said that was within the norm. I didn’t even say that it typically makes mid 180’s, I said there are a couple of posters here (low outliers) that have posted such & if you look back I’m in those threads saying it’s an extremely low #, not the norm. Like I mentioned twice, most I’ve see make mid-high 190’s. You even mentioned 195rwhp for the H2 which would kinda suck for the H2 if the 10R actually makes 190 rwhp all day long,,, what would be the point of a heavy supercharger, if 190rwhp is the avg for what 10R’s make stock w/ it’s weight advantage would probably leave an H2 sitting still, or at minimum the H2 wouldn’t have any advantage. The flashed 10R you posted about from BSD at 190rwhp was also STD so higher, (probably 186 SAE but that’s flashed) So if a stock 10R makes 190rwhp, what a waste of money & effort for the can & mapping to achieve the same 190rwhp result as a stock 10R, no?

If you search back into the dyno chart threads you’ll see that there was a ton of info on Brock’s dyno from back then (early 2016), some people (not me) complaining that it was a very giving/gifting dyno. Not because of that but Brock no longer uses it, his newer, better dyno is more conservative, he’ll probably even tell you as such. Just like how Don Guhls dyno was notoriously conservative, as you can see here w/ an H2 @ 183rwhp,,,, on his dyno flashed 10R’s make in the 170’s:

The dyno you just posted is not a 10R. Also don’t know if that’s STD or SAE & I would think they’re posting RWHP but it does say BHP.

Kawi rates the 10R at 197 crank hp (without Ram Air) it’s just not making 190rwhp on the dyno but at 197 crank hp, if you use 12% driveline loss, it’s right at that 173rwhp....

There might even be a chart for a 10R out there at 190rwhp, (you certainly haven’t found one yet & definitely couldn’t find as many as I did, lol!) & I literally didn’t even look for low #’s as you looked for high, just posted the first ones in google images but 190 would definitely be on the highest rwhp end on an stock 10R that you will ever see, in other words not close to the average but if it does exist, it’s just like the only stock 213 rwhp H2 in the world. 213 rwhp H2 stock would mean approx. 240bhp (at the crank) for a stock 15-18 H2, sorry would be absolutely great, would love it but not accurate as an avg. of what these bikes make.

I have more respect for Brock than anyone in this business & he’s helped me big time but those #’s achieved by a great operator doing everything perfectly, in perfect conditions on a gifting dyno (that he no longer uses) and in STD is just not an accurate avg. #.... Brock even says that they were “surprised by the results” & the 213 is “the most of any H2 by a pretty big margin” & questioned whether the R1 was flashed. Even the ZX10R in those test conditions on gifting dyno where a stock H2 made a record 213rwhp, the 10R only made 181 on it’s best run, the other runs were 177rwhp & 179whp, again 190 for an avg on a what all stock 10R’s make,,, ain’t happening. If you basically remove 10rwhp from both bikes & you get what we would expect from an H2 hitting a high dyno # of 203rwhp for the H2, would mean 171rwhp for the 10R, those #’s would fall within what both bikes make...

Just so you know, no biggy but “bhp” means brake hp/rated at the motor/crank,, rwhp (rear wheel hp) is what you get on the dyno. You’re using bhp but referring to rwhp, I’m sure you know the difference, jus saying.

Stradale,

If the graph is not a 10R then I’m unsure what you think it is?

I don’t know how the graph is calculated & care even less.

This was all about Ted checking his out, that’s all.

You win, I’m fully beaten into submission!

Ted,

Best of luck with your meet with the Kawasaki guy, if it’s not easy to get to a dyno then you have to take the options available.

Hope you get a result, keep, us posted

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
@Lamf1969 - It’s a 10RR (double R) & an SE, both of which VS. the 10R have different/active suspension, 6 axis IMU, lighter wheels, stickier tires (Supercorsas) & slightly modified, upgrade engine internals; revised cylinder head, DLC coated tappets, stiffer valve springs, think a larger air box as well, shouldn’t really make a difference power wise until the Kawi Race Kit w/ Cam, pipe is fitted to the RR (not sure if you can do the same w/ the SE) but was just mentioning they’re not your standard 10R’s.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Never said that the H2 makes 175-180 rwhp, in fact no one did. And Ted never said he was told 175rwhp was acceptable, he was just speculating that if it made a very low # of 175 what IF they said that was within the norm.......
Actually they did tell me 175 was okay. I'm going to find the email.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Actually they did tell me 175 was okay. I'm going to find the email.

Ted, I know, you posted it and I read it but I couldn’t be bothered to point it out...
In all honesty I think it’s pretty insulting for Kawasaki to expect you to be happy with with that figure.
Post the email if you find it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
@Lamf1969 - It’s a 10RR (double R) & an SE, both of which VS. the 10R have different/active suspension, 6 axis IMU, lighter wheels, stickier tires (Supercorsas) & slightly modified, upgrade engine internals; revised cylinder head, DLC coated tappets, stiffer valve springs, think a larger air box as well, shouldn’t really make a difference power wise until the Kawi Race Kit w/ Cam, pipe is fitted to the RR (not sure if you can do the same w/ the SE) but was just mentioning they’re not your standard 10R’s.

Yes the 10RR is the one a mate has, not at all standard, it’s ready to go if you want to take it racing with room for high lift cams, stronger cases etc.
According to this test the SE has the standard engine but trick electronic suspension, Akra slip on etc.
If you read the text they produced more or less identical figures.
I had a go on the RR, very long geared in first and needed revs to make it rock but weak compared to the H2.
It’s getting dated, the display is pretty awful, I expect they’ll upgrade it next year.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

I was referring to this but I haven’t read this whole thread, just what was posted on this page so if they did tell you that anything above 175rwhp is acceptable, you’re probably not speaking w/ the right person at Kawi.,,,they know what these bikes make at the tire.

Well if you’re ever in NY, you’re welcome to go for a blast on my bike, it’s not stock so not sure that’ll help, it’d probably make you want a 15-16 Guhl/Brock’s Stage II H2, but...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yes the 10RR is the one a mate has, not at all standard, it’s ready to go if you want to take it racing with room for high lift cams, stronger cases etc.
According to this test the SE has the standard engine but trick electronic suspension, Akra slip on etc.
If you read the text they produced more or less identical figures.
I had a go on the RR, very long geared in first and needed revs to make it rock but weak compared to the H2.
It’s getting dated, the display is pretty awful, I expect they’ll upgrade it next year.

The test is quoting bhp, (brake hp) at the crank, the only thing that we may not be considering is euro vs us spec. but yeah they feel anemic vs. riding the H2, we have 2 10R’s (white 2017’s) & 1 10RR in my MC, they need upper rev band in every gear, completely flat in the lower revs,,,we race constantly & it’s like a running joke w/ my mates, I leave them like chained to a stump.

I owned the grandad to the 10R in 1986 w/ the 1000R, then a 2004 10R.

This is what the guys on the 10R board are posting for their 10R’s, it seems generally accepted that on avg., there’s some slightly higher, some lower but most of the guys there expect ballpark approx. 170-180rwhp stock & 180-190 flashed, pipe, filter etc.
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/2016-zx10r-dyno-woolich-hardware-334874.html

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/zx10rr-dyno-result-345337.html

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/2016-zx10r-dyno-woolich-hardware-334874.html

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/2016-zx10r-stock-dyno-run-319186.html

Interesting comments from Brock here on that dyno test where the 10R posted STD 177,179, 181 (w/ 55 degrees, 9% humidity) post#13 &#18 but on the R1, the guy at post #17 gets it:
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/brock-dyno-16-zx10-15-r1-16-h2-305434-2.html

A 650 dyno shootout w/ the 10R, R1, etc. Results, bikes are flashed except the Aprilia:

2016 H2 - 236HP
2017 Panigale - 191HP
2016 S1000RR - 190HP
2016 ZX-10R - 180HP
2016 RSV4-RF - 179HP
2015 R1M - 179HP
2016 EBR 1190RX - 155HP

https://youtu.be/oaur8pBjcGc

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Here is an excerpt from the email from Kawasaki ". Traction control will certainly reduce the wheelie effect as well. Of course a dyno check of his horsepower would tell us immediately if there was any issue with power loss and at sea level it should probably be in the region of 170 - 175hp at the wheel in stock form."

I'm sorry I was wrong about the HP number I remember the 175 not the 170. I call BS

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Here is an excerpt from the email from Kawasaki ". Traction control will certainly reduce the wheelie effect as well. Of course a dyno check of his horsepower would tell us immediately if there was any issue with power loss and at sea level it should probably be in the region of 170 - 175hp at the wheel in stock form."

I'm sorry I was wrong about the HP number I remember the 175 not the 170. I call BS

BS is being kind. I’ve never seen a 170 or 175rwhp H2 & have saved at least 25 dyno charts. Someone who doesn’t have a clue about what these bikes are actually making probably just took the Kawi 200bhp claim & decided to minus 15% driveline loss = exactly 170rwhp & minus 12% = 176rwhp. If so there’s a couple of issues, 15% is probably very high for the loss, you used to hear 15% sometimes but not on these bikes & everyone knows Kawi sandbagged the 200 BHP #, probably just to keep Big Govt off their backs.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
BS is being kind. I’ve never seen a 170 or 175rwhp H2 & have saved at least 25 dyno charts. Someone who doesn’t have a clue about what these bikes are actually making probably just took the Kawi 200bhp claim & decided to minus 15% driveline loss = exactly 170rwhp & minus 12% = 176rwhp. If so there’s a couple of issues, 15% is probably very high for the loss, you used to hear 15% sometimes but not on these bikes & everyone knows Kawi sandbagged the 200 BHP #, probably just to keep Big Govt off their backs.
Now you see why I want the district rep to ride it. I could bring a dyno chart with a weak tit 170hp and have them say "What is my problem?", and we know good and well that is unacceptable So I want to be armed with info, have him ride it and show that it is earthbound for the most part, which in turn would cause a chain of events to figure out the issue.

It could be nothing more than the assisted clutch not getting the tension, although I'm pretty sure that is not it, I am very sensitive to slipping clutches.

Maybe a BOV that doesn't seal quickly in the transition between open and close and that wouldn't show up in a dyno run.
Maybe a defective or improperly aligned IMU, I need a to see a 2018 service manual to check that.

What bugs me is why don't I ever see the TC come on if the TC is intervening, much less ever?

201 - 220 of 224 Posts