Ninja H2 banner

181 - 200 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
It's not loud per se..it's just has that metallic 'in a cave' low grunt to it.I like it.Stock exhaust then?Mine doesn't sound like that...never did.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #186 (Edited)
It's not loud per se..it's just has that metallic 'in a cave' low grunt to it.I like it.Stock exhaust then?Mine doesn't sound like that...never did.
Yeah, stock exhaust. It must be the way the camera is picking up the sound. It does seem quieter when riding.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Well, I have concluded that it is not a boost problem. I got a comparative reading and mine is close to that.

Now on to other stuff.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Well, I have concluded that it is not a boost problem. I got a comparative reading and mine is close to that.

Now on to other stuff.

GOTTA be something. Couldnt be that its just stock, and you refuse to use that thing called a dyno to find out.

NOLA

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #197 (Edited)
GOTTA be something. Couldnt be that its just stock, and you refuse to use that thing called a dyno to find out.

NOLA
For sure this bike is very, very sensitive to heat and altitude. All this talk of wheelies through the gears, could have been in much cooler temps than I have been able to ride when I go down to sea level.

Remember, I am not asking how to fix this, never have. I am trying to determine if the bike is up to par. And maybe it is that they don't wheelie very well when it is hot, say 90+ degrees.
I have to ride 120 miles to get to sea level and in the Sacramento valley it is smoking hot. The good part is I finally got some boost numbers I could use for comparison(the guy saw the post, took his bike out, ran it up gently to 8000 and read the boost%, came back and posted it), and mine is pretty close, so that eases my mind.

I just may have a funky IMU preventing me from wheeling, and a dyno sure won't pick that up. And like I said it seems to pull strong. But even in that video it was hot, and the altitude went from 5000 to 6300 feet. The record for the straight for any car is 136 MPH and that is when the course is closed, so they can enter the straight WFO and not worry about oncoming traffic or cops. My video was a Sunday drive and had to gently approach that straight and I hit 148. Car vs bike but.... like I said it seems to pull hard.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hey TedG, yesterday I had this gripper forever trying to overtake me on the open road. Well you know as you do, about the third time he tried I discreetly dropped to third gear and waited for this tosser. Twice at about 120-200kmh about half throttle with traction control set to 3 I played with him, the last front wheel lift was 200kmh before I buttoned off. It was like a dolphin, rising then down again, KTRC works, I even came along side him in a passing lane just to show how nuts the H2 can be with a little twist on the throttle. Does yours do this?

Mines a 2017 with the Bosch ECU. ****, almost retirement age and I am sill trying to prove I am a man. Lots of us here on this site, proud to be amongst you!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Hey TedG, yesterday I had this gripper forever trying to overtake me on the open road. Well you know as you do, about the third time he tried I discreetly dropped to third gear and waited for this tosser. Twice at about 120-200kmh about half throttle with traction control set to 3 I played with him, the last front wheel lift was 200kmh before I buttoned off. It was like a dolphin, rising then down again, KTRC works, I even came along side him in a passing lane just to show how nuts the H2 can be with a little twist on the throttle. Does yours do this?

Mines a 2017 with the Bosch ECU. ****, almost retirement age and I am sill trying to prove I am a man. Lots of us here on this site, proud to be amongst you!
Rick150, not even close. At sea level it maybe will lift 2 inchs in 2nd if I back off and hammer the throttle and most of the time nothing. Hard roll ons..forget it..earthbound. Third...nothing no matter what I do. Hack the throttle, clutch, anything. Something is most certainly amiss. I have informed the dealer an I am expecting a call from our district rep who has experience with H2s and is a super sharp guy. The next time he is here, I will get him to ride it and see.

Also I never need TC it doesn't spin up with full throttle corner exits with TC off. I have never seen the TC light come on.

It acts like the TC is always on 9. There is no difference with it off or on. It feels fast, but I don't have anything to compare it to. It still has an abrupt throttle. And is seems that you are the only one with an IMU that I can compare it to. But everyone gets pissed on this board when I ask specific questions so I can explain it to Kawasaki. It is Kawasaki's problem to fix.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Rick150, not even close. At sea level it maybe will lift 2 inchs in 2nd if I back off and hammer the throttle and most of the time nothing. Hard roll ons..forget it..earthbound. Third...nothing no matter what I do. Hack the throttle, clutch, anything. Something is most certainly amiss. I have informed the dealer an I am expecting a call from our district rep who has experience with H2s and is a super sharp guy. The next time he is here, I will get him to ride it and see.

Also I never need TC it doesn't spin up with full throttle corner exits with TC off. I have never seen the TC light come on.

It acts like the TC is always on 9. There is no difference with it off or on. It feels fast, but I don't have anything to compare it to. It still has an abrupt throttle. And is seems that you are the only one with an IMU that I can compare it to. But everyone gets pissed on this board when I ask specific questions so I can explain it to Kawasaki. It is Kawasaki's problem to fix.

Ted, I still feel the only way you are going to get solid data is to run it up on a dyno.

If it’s doing around 195-205 bhp then it’s fine and your electronics are keeping you on the ground (or are not disabling correctly) If it’s doing much less then you have an engine output problem.

To be honest I’m amazed you’ve not done this after all this time, especially after all the phone calls and questions on the board...

If it were mine and I felt that strongly, I’d ride as far as it took to get it checked independently and obtain solid data to take back to Kawasaki.

I’m not the only forum member to suggest this!

In my opinion asking some guy to take it for a ride isn’t going to give you the answer you clearly need, if he says “it’s fine” then what?

Hopefully he says it’s not fine and you get a result but most manufacturers defend their products until proven otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

181 - 200 of 224 Posts