Ninja H2 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put her back to street legal and hit the canyons for the first time since last December
As we came through "the playground" somebody snapped this pic and posted it to Facebook.
I was tagged and found it. Pretty cool pic.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Video

here's some video highlights from yesterday of my boys trying to keep up with the H2 in the canyons

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only watched about a minute of it first time.Now I've watched it all the way through.Geez.Do you know that road?No way am I runnin like that on a road I don't know.Fer God's sake,awesome as it is...be careful!I'm like sittin on the edge of my seat just hopin there aint some sharp asz decreasing radius turn on one o'those corners.
Pretty darn smooth road...in Mexico...;)
LOL, yeah you have to know these canyon turns well to ride that fast.
When I first started doing the Sunday run with this group (that had been running out there for 10yrs) I did ok on open twisties that you could see in front of you, but all those blind turns I was rolling off until I could remember what they did. I would actually study my videos in certain sections before I went out on Sunday so I was better prepared.
The Mexico label is for my YouTube posting, but it's the canyons/mountains 50 miles East of San Diego right along the Tecate Mexico boarder. I haven't been out there with the H2 since last Dec, I was hoping I would still remember the roads ok ;)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"The Mexico label"...lol.I KNEW it!Good one.:laugh:Thought sure I saw a California plate there.Not that there wouldn't be in Mexico...
on that note my Cali plate in the picture below, lol
BTW how did you guys like the audio in my video? not easy capturing good sound at 200+mph ;)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great video Terry. That’s smack on what the H2 is really designed for open road racing. Does your buddy on the Red S1kRR express frustration to you? Just guessing but he appears almost your equal talent wise & from what you’ve said sounds like he has more seat time in those canyons but every time the road opens up you leave him like he’s tied to a stump.
yeah you're pretty much spot on with your points.
He runs out there every Sunday, I don't. He rides Fontana (track) a lot on his BMW and he's pretty good.
He can not keep up with me at Willow Springs however, I'm much faster there.
But I do like frustrating those guys out in the canyons :laugh:

Reactions: h2madness!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ran the canyons yesterday and hit a new personal best speed on that same 1-mile stretch we always do our runs on. My previous best was 204. The difference; my mechanic turned my ignition timing up to the H2R's setting.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That’s impressive brotha 😉
I wonder what the boost temp was at tho sheesh I hope it stayed cool
never went above 140f and the temp that day was in the low 60's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts