Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put her back to street legal and hit the canyons for the first time since last December
As we came through "the playground" somebody snapped this pic and posted it to Facebook.
I was tagged and found it. Pretty cool pic.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Video

here's some video highlights from yesterday of my boys trying to keep up with the H2 in the canyons

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'd be a tad worried takin my H2 to Mexico.Guess it'd be safe with some friends on bikes though...Sweet vid man...more plz;)Guess I'm not the only guy that rides triple digits almost everywhere outside of town lol!
Is that wrong?:confused:

·
Registered
443 Posts
No it's not, it's like being a doctor, do no harm.

Here the country is full of tourists and challenging to ride fast, there are roads you just don't ride on. Come around a corner and here they are stopped in the middle of the road taking photo's or just around a blind corner doing a 'U' turn to go back and take a photo and if your unlucky they forgot what side of the road to drive on.

So I don't eat Sushi or stuff like that or I could end up not giving way, driving slowly on a main highway or it could stunt my growth.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I only watched about a minute of it first time.Now I've watched it all the way through.Geez.Do you know that road?No way am I runnin like that on a road I don't know.Fer God's sake,awesome as it is...be careful!I'm like sittin on the edge of my seat just hopin there aint some sharp asz decreasing radius turn on one o'those corners.

Pretty darn smooth road...in Mexico...;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I only watched about a minute of it first time.Now I've watched it all the way through.Geez.Do you know that road?No way am I runnin like that on a road I don't know.Fer God's sake,awesome as it is...be careful!I'm like sittin on the edge of my seat just hopin there aint some sharp asz decreasing radius turn on one o'those corners.

Over here there would be static Gatso cameras, Specs average speed cameras or Police mobile cameras every few miles and we’d have no license! Oh and that’s when it’s not freezing cold or pi#sing down with rain! You guys really don’t know how lucky you are...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, yeah you have to know these canyon turns well to ride that fast.
When I first started doing the Sunday run with this group (that had been running out there for 10yrs) I did ok on open twisties that you could see in front of you, but all those blind turns I was rolling off until I could remember what they did. I would actually study my videos in certain sections before I went out on Sunday so I was better prepared.
The Mexico label is for my YouTube posting, but it's the canyons/mountains 50 miles East of San Diego right along the Tecate Mexico boarder. I haven't been out there with the H2 since last Dec, I was hoping I would still remember the roads ok ;)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"The Mexico label"...lol.I KNEW it!Good one.:laugh:Thought sure I saw a California plate there.Not that there wouldn't be in Mexico...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"The Mexico label"...lol.I KNEW it!Good one.:laugh:Thought sure I saw a California plate there.Not that there wouldn't be in Mexico...
on that note my Cali plate in the picture below, lol
BTW how did you guys like the audio in my video? not easy capturing good sound at 200+mph ;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Great video Terry. That’s smack on what the H2 is really designed for open road racing. Does your buddy on the Red S1kRR express frustration to you? Just guessing but he appears almost your equal talent wise & from what you’ve said sounds like he has more seat time in those canyons but every time the road opens up you leave him like he’s tied to a stump.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great video Terry. That’s smack on what the H2 is really designed for open road racing. Does your buddy on the Red S1kRR express frustration to you? Just guessing but he appears almost your equal talent wise & from what you’ve said sounds like he has more seat time in those canyons but every time the road opens up you leave him like he’s tied to a stump.
yeah you're pretty much spot on with your points.
He runs out there every Sunday, I don't. He rides Fontana (track) a lot on his BMW and he's pretty good.
He can not keep up with me at Willow Springs however, I'm much faster there.
But I do like frustrating those guys out in the canyons :laugh:

Reactions: h2madness!

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Around here, main roads are infested with traffic and cops (including aircraft), and are mostly straight. Secondary roads are mostly bumpy from frost-heaves. There are a few gems, of course, and I ain't telling where they are ... or when I go there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Around here, main roads are infested with traffic and cops (including aircraft), and are mostly straight. Secondary roads are mostly bumpy from frost-heaves. There are a few gems, of course, and I ain't telling where they are ... or when I go there.
Hi. Fellow Torontian here. Would be interested in chatting / possible ride.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The biggest problem around here is cops. You cannot go out without seeing several cops. One of the best roads is Kingsbury grade, super twisty, winding it's way up to Tahoe. You cannot ride up or down it without seeing 2 cops.

They are nuts around here, they just built this southeast connector that connects south Reno to northeast Reno/Sparks, it is a 6 lane super wide, no egress that goes for miles. They posted the speed limit at 45, I know the designer and it was designed for 55 minimum. It is so wide and smooth that it is almost impossible to go 55 much less 45. And the cops, NHP, Reno PD, Washoe Sheriff dept, and Sparks PD are all out there waiting to write tickets. Can you imagine trying to maintain 45mph down that road?

The next problem is road kill, there are just so many poor critters that bit it on our roads, and they can be slick.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks for the vid, i was marveling at the roadside water and green, in 11 years of going through Reno its always been late August and everything is brown or dust

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Thanks for the vid, i was marveling at the roadside water and green, in 11 years of going through Reno its always been late August and everything is brown or dust
They built it to take the load off McCarren Blvd. 395, and 80. Everyone is complaining about the speed limit, it has been all over the news and they flat out lied about the designed speed limit.

We have gotten some impressive rains (for here) there was actually flooding at the construction site. But now it is back to dust and brown now that it is August.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Wow, that road looks like one could easily do 70, unless it's really busy?
It isn't very busy yet, because people are scared of getting a ticket. The road that they wanted to get the congestion off of is 50mph. This road is wider, less egress, less busy, designed to be faster and if you go over 50 you get a ticket.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts