Ninja H2 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I reached the 10000km on my supercharged beauty.

Every KM was a dream, every time I start this beast my face is smiling and feeling happy.

I rode the most km in my awesome country Switzerland, and some parts in Europe. Turns over Turns and a fantastic bike. Hope to get a lot of more km with the H2.

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
How many tires have you gone through? Are you still on the original chain? Any maintenance issues so far? Thanks for sharing with us.

Reactions: ben1000z

·
Registered
244 Posts
Have you noticed much of a difference now that the engine is most definitely "broken in" as opposed to when you first started riding it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nicely done. :)
You dont ride with kebs on?
KEBC always off,
KTRC 1,
@edinlr now my 6th rear tire, 4x Bridgestone RS10 (awesome tires), 1x Michelin Powersport Evo (slippery as ****) and 1x Pirelli Supercorsa (awesome tires)
@Titan I do the break in period till 1200 km, at this point I was really respectful with the engine.
Now I warm up the engine around 20-30 min and then push it.
At first the twist of the throttle was really direct, and for riding in the city not the best, but now it's going really easy and I can ride without any spontaneous throttle twists (can't tell this right in my bad english spelling, sorry about that)

The Chain I never changed, every 800 km some new fresh Motorex or Castrol Chain Lube and everything is fine =)

Troubleshooting, Yes,

The bearing at the rear wheel has play arround 1 cm! it was full of rust! Kawasaki Switzerland replace it. I was shocked, after 6000km...
And the other problem I got with the H2 is, sometimes the engines is putting off when I tie the clutch lever and will shift down. I also take a note at the Headquarter and still waiting on a answer from the japanese Friends. Not the best feeling when you ride to a meet or redlight or something else and you tie the clutch and the engine shut off... the peoples are trolling around :D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Congrats!
I'm at 4000km in first 7 weeks on the H2 but spend time on my other bikes as well. The more I ride, better the bike gets, the better were working as a team. Thought it would be a blast but didn't expect how much I would love this machine.

·
Registered
574 Posts
KEBC always off,
KTRC 1,

@edinlr now my 6th rear tire, 4x Bridgestone RS10 (awesome tires), 1x Michelin Powersport Evo (slippery as ****) and 1x Pirelli Supercorsa (awesome tires)

@Titan I do the break in period till 1200 km, at this point I was really respectful with the engine.
At first the twist of the throttle was really direct, and for riding in the city not the best, but now it's going really easy and I can ride without any spontaneous throttle twists (can't tell this right in my bad english spelling, sorry about that)

The Chain I never changed, every 800 km some new fresh Motorex or Castrol Chain Lube and everything is fine =)

Troubleshooting, Yes,

The bearing at the rear wheel has play arround 1 cm! it was full of rust! Kawasaki Switzerland replace it. I was shocked, after 6000km...
And the other problem I got with the H2 is, sometimes the engines is putting off when I tie the clutch lever and will shift down. I also take a note at the Headquarter and still waiting on a answer from the japanese Friends. Not the best feeling when you ride to a meet or redlight or something else and you tie the clutch and the engine shut off... the peoples are trolling around :D
Don't apologize for your English, I am sure it is better than most of our attempts at Bernese German. Which tire did you like best the Supercorsa or the RS10?

·
Registered
317 Posts
KEBC always off,
KTRC 1,

Troubleshooting, Yes,

great info, thank you

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
illuZion Ninja, do you have a favourite tyre from the three different makes you have used?

My H2 has just under 1000 miles (1,600km) and will soon need a new rear. In that distance it's done six standing-miles at top speed events and maybe twenty dyno runs, the remainder being road miles. It still has some life left and I'm hoping it will not need replacing before the Autumn Mile meeting at Elvington. I was going to fit another RS10 but I'm interested in opinions from H2 owners who have used other tyres.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The bearing at the rear wheel has play arround 1 cm! it was full of rust!
I don't understand, could you write it in french :D

I hope you have an answer quickly !
So you put off the key and put on and is it ok to solve this issue ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
How many kms for join the minimum Tread Depth of your tire ?
on my ZZR : nearly 2000 kms , less on your H2 i think ...

so bad the Michelin ???

great your "10 000 kms" records !!! GREAT :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts