Ninja H2 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
That's a very ambiguous question.
How long is a piece of string?

In my riding experience I would say getting over 80,000 kms / 50.000 miles is high. I've reached over that twice on 2 ZX12R's. A lot of riders seem to think anything over 20,000 kms is high.

As far as the H2 is concerned, I currently have 22,000+ kms on mine. The bike runs extremely well.
Are you looking at purchasing a used H2? Or do you already have one?
It's mainly about proper maintenance and servicing, and not thrashing the bike.

TedG on this site is one bloke who has done high miles on his H2, and sounds like he uses the power very well!
He also maintains it properly (ex-mechanic if I'm correct).

Don.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mileage isn’t as important as caring for the vehicle.
A bike that sits outside, is redlined from a cold start to the end of the trip, doesn’t get serviced regularly, etc may be on its last legs at 10,000 miles.

whereas a bike that is stored inside, gets regular maintenance, doesn’t get its engine abused will still be going strong after 100,000 miles.

there’s a guy with a hayabusa that has ~350,000 miles on it.

A Kawasaki (or any of the big 4) will last you to the end of your life if you take care of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a very ambiguous question.
How long is a piece of string?

In my riding experience I would say getting over 80,000 kms / 50.000 miles is high. I've reached over that twice on 2 ZX12R's. A lot of riders seem to think anything over 20,000 kms is high.

As far as the H2 is concerned, I currently have 22,000+ kms on mine. The bike runs extremely well.
Are you looking at purchasing a used H2? Or do you already have one?
It's mainly about proper maintenance and servicing, and not thrashing the bike.

TedG on this site is one bloke who has done high miles on his H2, and sounds like he uses the power very well!
He also maintains it properly (ex-mechanic if I'm correct).

Don.
I was looking to buy one used and my concern is the bike having 5000 miles and one can only assume they were some hard and abused miles

·
Registered
553 Posts
That's not a lot of miles, like Tree Fox and I have written, it's about the care and maintenance of the bike.
Don't assume the bike has been thrashed on only 5000 miles, if you are able to get it checked over by a trusted mechanic or experienced friend then it would help more.

I do know that there are no guarantees on any used bike though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was looking to buy one used and my concern is the bike having 5000 miles and one can only assume they were some hard and abused miles
Why would you assume that? 5k is not a lot of miles at all.

plus H2’s aren’t cheap. Youtubers aside, owners probably aren’t going to be thrashing the thing every time they take it out.

most telling on the care given to a bike, is the state of the sellers property and the bike itself. Does the property look maintained? Does the bike? Might not be a bad purchase.
Do you see tools scattered, an overgrown lawn, things in disrepair? Might think twice.

·
Registered
478 Posts
If somebody considers 20,000 high then they are not a rider!
Another comment, on the public road you can't thrash an H2, maybe wring it's neck for a moment or so but abuse, yep some people are not caring at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts