Ninja H2 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Carbon

Yes I did, I was going to buy the H2R That's for sale but the guy stretched my patience to much. Was going to make it road legal but in hindsight I made a better choice.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Rick, not many Carbon's about here in the UK. A dealer friend of mine wanted one but the six bikes Kawasaki UK received were all pre-sold.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand that USA didn't get that many either. This one is the only one in NZ I think. Probably won't flash it. Still can't bring myself to sell my ZZR1100 C1 that I have had for 24 years. The great Analog super bike, don't make them like that anymore.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yes the good old 1100. I ordered mine as soon as they were announced at one of the European bike shows, sight unseen. I was a little disappointed when what I thought was a red bike in the pictures I'd seen turned out to be a rather odd shade of pinky/magenta. Analogue as you say Rick, we de-restricted them by fitting 750 carb tops.

Loved everything else about it though, sprinted it for a few seasons, rode it to the Isle Of Man for the TT Races and down to Le Mans for the 24 Hour Race, then ordered a C3 which came in black.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes the good old 1100. I ordered mine as soon as they were announced at one of the European bike shows, sight unseen. I was a little disappointed when what I thought was a red bike in the pictures I'd seen turned out to be a rather odd shade of pinky/magenta. Analogue as you say Rick, we de-restricted them by fitting 750 carb tops.

Loved everything else about it though, sprinted it for a few seasons, rode it to the Isle Of Man for the TT Races and down to Le Mans for the 24 Hour Race, then ordered a C3 which came in black.

Jesus Bob, how many years have you been staring down runways?
I had a GPZ600 when the ZZR1100 was launched, I lusted after one, especially with tales of 170mph!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
502 Posts
Congrats on your purchase Rick

I had the baby zzr600 as my first bike, fooking fast at the time, although it did wobble a bit around the corners

Rob

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Jesus Bob, how many years have you been staring down runways?
I had a GPZ600 when the ZZR1100 was launched, I lusted after one, especially with tales of 170mph!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quite a few years since you mention it. 170+ was easy on the ZZR1100. One of the best memories was at the Brighton Speed Trials in the early 1990's. It was still a half-mile back then, along the sea front with thousands of spectators. There was me and my two friends, brothers, all riding the 1100. We rode up from Plymouth to Brighton and arrived in the paddock where there were very professional teams unloading vans and putting up awnings. We three took off our over-suits, turned the mirrors in and stuck the race numbers on our bikes. We set the lowest ET's and the fastest speeds then rode back home.

:):) :) Three guys on sports-tourers, no pit crew, no vans and no drama. Gotta love that bike.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rode the H2C home yesterday, 780km in one day, not many places that don't hurt. Certainly not a tourer. The YouTube videos of it's performance understates the bike, the only way to really understand is to ride one, would you agree?
The Guys at Filco wanted a photo op for Kawasaki NZ. What a strange experience for the first hour of riding. By the tine I was halfway up the twisting mountain range I was getting in touch with the bike and gently scuffing up the tires.
I don't find the throttle jerky as I tightened up the cables before I left the dealer, adjusted the clutch and break positions.
The only disappointment so far is what it shares with my ZZR1100, NO FUEL GAUGE!! Because even running (thrashing?) it in it sure eats fuel at a great rate, about 175-180km per tank full.
No regrets, love it. Both bikes side by side in my woolshead look good together.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From Nelson to just North of Dunedin, 780km all in one day. Got up 4:30 in the morning for the first flight out of here, got the key of the bike 9:15am.
Took it to the dealer here yesterday to book in first service in a couple of weeks. He was grinning all the time and said he would service it personally.
You know I was skeptical about the green frame as my ZZR1100 C3 is all black but the green on the H2C makes it look so Kawasaki, really nice touch.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, went via Kaikora to have a look at the damage. Probably the wrong thing to do as a lot of slow riding the was hard in the wrist. Lots of stops where I turned the engine off if stop longer than 5min as per manual.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts