Ninja H2 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm Steve from Aylesbury in England,

Picked up my H2 last Tuesday (7th June 2016), did 160 miles straight away, then got soaked in a massive thunderstorm on the M25 (world's largest car park) on my way to buy a one-piece rainsuit. The suit worked perfectly...it kept all the water in :)

A bit about my biking history...I passed my UK bike test in 1971 on a new CS5E Yamaha 200cc (having just PEX'd my D14/4 Bantam). Then went on to a new 500/4 in early 1974 (nice bike but typical boring H**da). Come December 1974 I saw a pic of the Z1 engine in "Motorcycle Mechanics" and was hooked. I bought my Z1-B new in May 1975, got banned in 1977 (3 speeding offences in 3 years) and stripped down the Z!-B to put a on frame stiffening kit. Life then took over, got married had a daughter, split up wiv me missus, meanwhile had moved the bike (in bits) into me Mums flat to avoid corrosion etc. where it stayed for the next 36 years! I bought my mates Kwacker GT750 shaft drive in the early 80's and had a great time with it, including 6 months as a bike courier based in Hammersmith (a lot of our drops were to John Reid Ltd (Elton Johns company, and a few to his then house in Holland Park).

Eventually sold the bike and passed my car test as my then missus was pregnant. Had a lay off from bikes from 1994 until 2014 when I bought a 1995 ZZ-R1100D3 (I think you call them ZX-11's in the States).

Anyhow, have just sold the ZZR and it's now winging its' way to Gt Yarmouth (it's p*ssing down here so I think he may get a tadge H2O'd).

Have just taken some pics of the bike for submission with my entry for the Kop Hill Climb in September (www.kophillclimb.org.uk/). Although mainly for classic vehicles, they do allow special, modified or exotic kit to enter, and I think the H2 definitely falls into the first and third categories.

Take care all and ride safe.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Welcome. Small high value packets for Elton? That was a nice read.

I found out today there is one in Wareham, might be yours ? My bikes poorly but recovering. The other Bournemouth lad has given his the brocks treatment and had it dyno'd locally, unfortunately he 's poorly, non bike related.

A wonderful life affirming bike. There is wealth of knowledge on here and anything is just a question away. Ride safe ( and fast )

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Steve, sounds like you're enjoying your new bike.

I try to keep my H2 dry but the heavens opened on me one day riding home after a dyno session, so I tried the rain mode. It was like riding a 125 again.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome from another local to the Uk ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts