Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, interesting reading your comments! I'm awaiting my purchase and hope I made the correct decision as I traded my stunning 2014 ZX14 (ZZR1400) yesterday and currently have an empty garage... Has anyone made the same switch, how do they compare? The next 10 days of waiting will be the longest in my life!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hi Lamf1969, welcome to the forum!

When you open the throttle on your new H2, it's going to feel like comparing a Saturn rocket to a volkswagon beetle!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Your switch

Hi everyone, interesting reading your comments! I'm awaiting my purchase and hope I made the correct decision as I traded my stunning 2014 ZX14 (ZZR1400) yesterday and currently have an empty garage... Has anyone made the same switch, how do they compare? The next 10 days of waiting will be the longest in my life!!
Let me just say, it's going to be different ...... Oh yes, it's going to be different ! Can't wait to get your first impressions :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hi Lamf1969. I made the same switch.

I guess you read the MCN article a few months ago when they compared a stock H2 and stock ZZR1400?

The piece that sticks in my mind is when they measured the distance to accelerate to 180mph from rest. The ZZR1400 took 1300 metres, the H2 took 700 metres. I use my bikes for standing-miles with Straightliners and this bears out my own experience, the H2 gets into sixth much earlier than the ZZR. You can't get onto 100% throttle in the lower gears on an H2, even mine geared up from 18/44 to 19/42 wheelies off the throttle in the first four gears and the stock lower-gearing is even worse. Kawasaki selected the gearing to be the lowest possible and still get to the speed-limited 186mph and that makes it simply bonkers.

Having said that the ZZR is probably a better road bike, easier to ride smoothly, more comfort, has a pillion seat too and a better fuel range. Now if I could have both in my garage !!!!! :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Looks like I'm going to be in for a treat, I went for a decent test ride on Kawasaki UK's demonstrator, i didn't go crazy but saw enough to lust after one... I'll try and find the MCN test against the ZZR, that interests me. Again, thanks to all, I'll update when she arrives

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hello and welcome from the west midlands

New here myself, my 2016 is in the showroom, Ill be taking delivery in a few weeks when some home building work is completed

Enjoy

Rob

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi have you picked your H2 up yet. I just purchased a 2nd hand one from CMC pick up this week. A H2 meet up might be needed. You not to far from me.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Arrived yesterday, out today, running in, no brakes and no grip for a few miles but soon got better! I saw yours at CMC, I was going to buy from Via Moto Clay Cross but offered a crap trade in so went to Colchester, well worth it, got an epic deal. Hope you enjoy yours, maybe catch up before the end of the season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@Lamf1969 That UK license plate is like a secondary mudflap. Damm that thing is huge.

And I understand ya'll cant take off the factory luggage rack there either, right ?

NOLA

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nola, funny and true! i'm debating adding a tow bar and attaching a trailer?
The luggage rack can go but the plate has to stay that size....

·
Registered
835 Posts
@Lamf1969 That UK license plate is like a secondary mudflap. Damm that thing is huge.

And I understand ya'll cant take off the factory luggage rack there either, right ?

NOLA
No problems with a tail tidy in the UK ie luggage rack but number plates can be a problem , I brought a six didgit number just to tidy it up further .

·
Registered
211 Posts
Arrived yesterday, out today, running in, no brakes and no grip for a few miles but soon got better! I saw yours at CMC, I was going to buy from Via Moto Clay Cross but offered a crap trade in so went to Colchester, well worth it, got an epic deal. Hope you enjoy yours, maybe catch up before the end of the season

Hope you enjoying. I looked at the deals offered by Kawasaki and to be fair not that bad. For a bike that seemed impossible to ever own.

I wouldn't say I got loads of expendable cash, I drive a regular car and earn a regular wage with family and 2 kids so at 45 years old I thought stuff it you only live once.

What was you trading in. I got 4 grand on a k8 busa was a fair price coz purchased it private. They servicing the H2 and new back tyre.

Keep me posted how you getting on. Might ride out to Pondorosa Cafe on Saturday.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've got two years on you but minus the two kids! I traded a 14plate performance sport ZZR14 complete with luggage after a spell of touring Europe. Decided I'd had enough of the ballistic sofa so went for this. Feels pretty small to be honest, looking forward to opening the thing up though.... I'm away with work until next week and the nights are drawing in, shame we're going into the wrong time of year.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Forgot to ask, how did you go with your insurance? I did mine through Kawasaki (Ramasis) tracker, garaged, datatag, chained etc £720 - 11 years , they're expensive MF's to own...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Nola, funny and true! i'm debating adding a tow bar and attaching a trailer?
The luggage rack can go but the plate has to stay that size....
Interesting, I didnt know that. I thought it had to stay and they were real dicks about it. Good to know the plate can move a bit but of course has to stay visible. I know in Australia they cant remove the damm thing at all. That sucks.

NOLA

1 - 20 of 33 Posts