Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just pulled the trigger and have a 2017 H2 coming in March. Looking forward to getting it and have enjoyed reading the info from you all here.
Owned a lot of bikes over the years and the H2 will share the garage with my Z1000.
Regards
Terry

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey mate I am sure you will love the H2. I have a 16 model bought couple months ago, they are an awesome bike!
Good luck
Jeffro ;)
Sydney....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Cheers Adam and Jeffro. Was excited when they announced the H2 just couldn't justify it at the time. It became too irresistible especially reading about how happy everyone was. Now the torturous wait till it's ready.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Welcome & Congratulations Terry!

It's simply the most exciting bike out there.

Make sure the dealership provides all the stuff in the gift packs.

Get it covered straight away in protective film like Expel or similar from a shop that has a lot of experience.

Dont fret much over the break-in, scrub the tires & then ride it like you want to.

Hit up Brocks Performance or a reputable shop for your PCV, ECU reflash, filter, pipe for the derestriction (now mandatory via the new UN regulations on all H2's)

Looking forward to your impressions!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Cheers Adam and Jeffro. Was excited when they announced the H2 just couldn't justify it at the time. It became too irresistible especially reading about how happy everyone was. Now the torturous wait till it's ready.
Yeh mate I was the same I wanted one about year ago but because couldn't test ride it I didn't buy it, but eventually I took the gamble and I can tell you it's much more than my expectations. It's just about Feb now so not that long to wait and enjoy the suspense of waiting.
I don't know what background your from but on here most are modifying or thinking modifying before or just after purchase. I am a little different and have enjoyed it stock standard with just the supplied Akrapovic slip on at least til I get used to the setup. Eventually I suppose I want to "derestrict " it with a flash but in no hurry. It will easily lift the front wheel in first four gears so there's plenty of power. I came from riding two Hayabusas and from the track too, and it surprised me with its get up and go...:) But I found it it's much more than just the outright power, it has real presence when riding, good handling package for its weight, suspension is just awesome, brakes unbelievable, but best of all the supercharger noise (especially when hugging the tank through corners and head is close to body work it sort of sings to you ha! Great stuff!!
I am new to it but have learnt a lot already on my own and from here too, so if you ever need a hand or want to know something chances are I have already asked or hopefully know about it. And if you ever come to Sydney look me up for a ride perhaps?

And oh yeh nearly forgot, the gift package is pretty sweet, they give you a certificate from Kawasaki Japan (pretty cool) a hardback book on history of Kawasaki Ninja series (in English AND Japanese!) and a flash drive with all the press info of release of the bike, photos, and most importantly the complete service manual....

Keep us updated when you acquire it...
Regards
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all,
Just pulled the trigger and have a 2017 H2 coming in March. Looking forward to getting it and have enjoyed reading the info from you all here.
Owned a lot of bikes over the years and the H2 will share the garage with my Z1000.
Regards
Terry
Hi Terry,

I am also from Canberra and ordered my 2017 H2 in early Jan and am expecting delivery in March as well.

Did you order through CMC?

Hopefully they will arrive early in March. Did they give you a estimated date of delivery?

When they arrive, may arrange to meet and do a few K's for the run in period.

Phil.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Terry, I have one of the first 2015 H2's sold in England and I'm keeping it forever.

·
Registered
393 Posts
welcome to the mad house lol and enjoy. U will love the H2

Reactions: Jeffro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phil,
Ordered from CMC too. They told me about your order. I am still surprised at the 16 that has been there sold for three months. Haven't got an estimated date yet but happy to link up and put a few km in there during and after run in. Might even get us and Jeffro together for a ride ��
I also chatted to supreme vinyl in Fyshwick and they can xpel wrap the bike for 1100 so that's first thing on delivery �� and a tail tidy. Will probably keep it stock to start and like all my other bikes will end up doing little changes ( that's what I tell my wife) of exhaust, ecu ..... I am sure you alll know how it goes.
Terry

·
Registered
376 Posts
Welcome Terry, I have one of the first 2015 H2's sold in England and I'm keeping it forever.
Hey BobC how are you? keeping it forever.....I would be very rich if I had $10 for every time in my life I said that about bikes (and other stuff) it's only a matter of time!
Cheers mate
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Welcome Terry, which is odd for me to say cause it's my name too :D
let the mods begin and be sure and post pics when you take delivery
cheers
Terry

·
Registered
376 Posts
Phil,
Ordered from CMC too. They told me about your order. I am still surprised at the 16 that has been there sold for three months. Haven't got an estimated date yet but happy to link up and put a few km in there during and after run in. Might even get us and Jeffro together for a ride ��
I also chatted to supreme vinyl in Fyshwick and they can xpel wrap the bike for 1100 so that's first thing on delivery �� and a tail tidy. Will probably keep it stock to start and like all my other bikes will end up doing little changes ( that's what I tell my wife) of exhaust, ecu ..... I am sure you alll know how it goes.
Terry
No worries mate anytime in the future if coming my way can join you, can show you some nice rides just North of Sydney
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Terry and Bushy,
How's it going? Still both waiting for next month to arrive for your H2s, must be torture!
I am curious, with your 17 model....the only model I saw for sale was the 2017 Carbon, is that what you both ordered? Or is there a 2017 Standard?
If so what's the difference? Can you tell me the price?...a relative after seeing mine is interested but dealers are very reluctant to give actual prices out at this stage.
Hope your both following the posts, it will help knowing some stuff when the beasts finally arrive :D
Regards
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Terry and Bushy,
How's it going? Still both waiting for next month to arrive for your H2s, must be torture!
I am curious, with your 17 model....the only model I saw for sale was the 2017 Carbon, is that what you both ordered? Or is there a 2017 Standard?
If so what's the difference? Can you tell me the price?...a relative after seeing mine is interested but dealers are very reluctant to give actual prices out at this stage.
Hope your both following the posts, it will help knowing some stuff when the beasts finally arrive :D
Regards
Jeffro ;)
Hi Jeffro,

There is a standard model and that is what I have ordered.
I believe the Carbon model is limited to 120 worldwide and is more expensive than the standard. The Kawasaki web page kawaski.com*-&nbspkawaski Resources and Information. has the details on the difference, but I think it is mainly cosmetic changes (carbon fibre fairings etc).
I was quoted for the standard model some value not more than $38000. They couldn't give me an exact price at the time.

Phil.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Same for me. 38k on the contract. Torture is an understatement but I have watched a lot of H2 videos that the wife is sick of hearing ��

·
Registered
376 Posts
Same for me. 38k on the contract. Torture is an understatement but I have watched a lot of H2 videos that the wife is sick of hearing ��
Ok thanks for that, it's the figure I thought it might be, I will pass that on.
Yeh mate at least only couple weeks now to March. My wife also must be sick of me looking on you tube and researching stuff on the H2. On the other hand she loves to ride and absolutely loves the H2 so it's not so bad:D
Take it easy mate ( and Phil) let us know the moment you know the date you pick up the beast?
Regards
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ok thanks for that, it's the figure I thought it might be, I will pass that on.
Yeh mate at least only couple weeks now to March. My wife also must be sick of me looking on you tube and researching stuff on the H2. On the other hand she loves to ride and absolutely loves the H2 so it's not so bad:D
Take it easy mate ( and Phil) let us know the moment you know the date you pick up the beast?
Regards
Jeffro ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts