Ninja H2 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did the 600km loop Canberra-Cooma-Cabramurra-Khancoban-Thredbo-Jindabyne-Cooma-Canberra yesterday, it has a good mix of fast flowing sweepers and a heap of tight 15-35km/hr corners which suits this run in period, which is killing me just quietly...

1st impression

Styling/Detail: 9/10 (If batman had a bike this would be it, everything is perfectly executed. Pipe has to go however. Got my eye on a Scorpion slip on I can mod up to fit.)

Acceleration/power: 10/10 (This is an amazing engine, I've never ridden anything that pushes like it)

Brakes: 9/10 (Rear needs a bit more bite, but the front stands it up on a dime!)

Handling: 8/10 (Down to a 25km/hr corner it's on rails! The really low speed corners I could feel the weight of the bike and ran wide on a couple which pissed me off, but with a bit of a diet i reckon I can drop 20kg+ off the H2 which will fix things)
It's sprung a little stiff out of the box for my 76kg so with some attention to suspension and the weight issue above it will be a 10/10.

Comfort Level: Perfect for my 176cm height and short ass legs, bars are a bit of a reach but nothing like my 1098 or 916. 8-10 hrs in the saddle no problems, so looking forward to the ride to Motogp in October on the H2.
Bike feels smaller and flicks around better than it should with this weight.

I'm going to have to get ride on an R1 or 1299 to compare.

Overall: Groundbreaking in every department. Very, very happy with everything about it and looking forward to opening it up at Eastern Creek once run in to see the H2's full potential.

I must admit that I had a few concerns, however, these have all been completely dispelled after even this 'leisurely' ride through the mountains. My first Kawasaki and best bike in the toolbox!!

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Awesome, congrats on getting the bike and thanks for sharing your initial riding experience of it with us.

What were the concerns you originally had?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Awesome, congrats on getting the bike and thanks for sharing your initial riding experience of it with us.

I try not to buy the first of anything as the bugs can suck.
"Come and buy our $37K halo bike, order only, no test ride so on spec...." could have been a disaster.
It's an engineering feat to get something 99% right out of the box, and I am thankful for this.
Kudos to Kawasaki to have the balls to go the extra yard with the engineering.
Kudos to Kawasaki for putting it all on the line for a Halo bike that works a treat. It's been a long time since i've had this much fun on a roadbike.
Sooo happy I didn't buy that KTM 1290 Superduke last year....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Went to the Old Road (Old Pacific Hwy) for a ride yesterday, got a nice snap courtesy of the OldRoadPhotographer.com
View attachment 2530
and the knights of H2 together :D
View attachment 2538
Good pics Victor! How are the cops on the Old Pacific Highway? I hear they hammer it on the weekends?
Thinking about a Putty Road run over winter but it's been a few years since i've been up there and a bit concerned about our radar wielding law enforcing buddies taking my licence :( which would be bad.... cause i couldn't ride my H2 then....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

doesn't have much concerns to be honest. the bike is a little on the heavier side then all the hyperbike is heavy, by comparison, it's still way lighter than the 14R

Love the leathers, Looks Victor!
thanks mate:)

Good pics Victor! How are the cops on the Old Pacific Highway? I hear they hammer it on the weekends?
Thinking about a Putty Road run over winter but it's been a few years since i've been up there and a bit concerned about our radar wielding law enforcing buddies taking my licence :( which would be bad.... cause i couldn't ride my H2 then....
I was cruising that day, saw one HWP on the opposite lane just before I pulled over into Road Warrior Cafe. :D

·
Registered
554 Posts
Tom Sykes is that you? ;)

Congrats to you both!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
happy for ya!Awesome riding pics!It is a great bike for sure.I exclusively ride mine over my 14R.I was as concerned as you...especially with the rideability.After I did a seat mod...it was(is)perfect!Can ride ALL DAY with comfort.It doesn't have quite the plushness of the 14...but some suspension adjusting made it feel VERY close.The shorter wheelbase and lighter weight I think make it a bit more 'sensitive' to the road...but I was able to dial most of this out.Now she's VERY smooth and handles road stuff very nicely.I feel great after riding all day on mine...no issues at all.EVERY bit as comfy as my 14R.

I have just ONE question for anybody here...at 70mph(in that area)do you have a vibration that's a bit more pronounced?Through the bars.At 65 and up to 70...she's VERY smooth.Then at around 70+she has a bar vibration...not terrible...but noticeable.Once i hit 80...again...she smooths right out.Just curious if it's something that they all have...possibly getting some heavier bar ends might calm this down?I noticed when I take my hands off the bar(s)when she's doing this...it increases.Even barely touching the bar will quell some of it.

It's not something that's taking away from my fun or anything....just wondering about your bikes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts