Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanted give you a heads up that Kawasaki is going to offer the slipper clutch upgrade kit for the 2015 H2. I ordered mine today but it is currently on backorder.

The part number is 99994-0840. MSRP is $469.95

Your local dealer should be able to order it for you. I am a dealer but I am not a sponsor here. So please don't see this as an advertisement or solicitation.

Below is a picture out of the new catalog with description, part number and pricing for the slipper clutch assist.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Don't want it. Not as much clamping force due to fewer springs and may have issues at higher horsepower. That is why the lighter clutch is not on the H2R. Work on your clutch hand strength and put your money else were. Also there is a larger salve cylinder made by Sato Racing that will require less effort but more travel if you want options

·
Registered
202 Posts
Don't want it. Not as much clamping force due to fewer springs and may have issues at higher horsepower. That is why the lighter clutch is not on the H2R. Work on your clutch hand strength and put your money else were. Also there is a larger salve cylinder made by Sato Racing that will require less effort but more travel if you want options

This is a WARNING that should be heeded.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I like the wording "Offers enhanced clutch performance" The springs are softer but will the clamp down ramps hold up to the additional torque loads? We wont know for sure until someone trys to put big power thru one a few times. I was on a ZX14 and C14 so for me H2 lever is ...No Problemo! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Chris, You bet. I will need few days to get them in for you. Give me a call when you get to town.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I ordered the 2016 upgrade for my 2015 and I’ll be adding the Brock’s HD springs just to make sure it holds this SC beast!!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I ordered the 2016 upgrade for my 2015 and I’ll be adding the Brock’s HD springs just to make sure it holds this SC beast!!!
If you add the clutch kit to get a lighter action and then Brock's HD springs won't you be back where you started, only several hundred dollars poorer?

·
Registered
867 Posts
If you add the clutch kit to get a lighter action and then Brock's HD springs won't you be back where you started, only several hundred dollars poorer?
The Brocks makes it a little bit more pull but the 2016 set up is from what I'm told to be 40% better than the 2015. I had also added an RCS16 which made it a little better. The Brocks springs were like 38.00 so I figured I'd give it a shot. between the 2016 set up and the RCS16 I would think it should be much better than what I have but still hold the 256 RWH. (hoping) :D

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
867 Posts
I ordered the kit and put it all together and went to try it out and the lever felt like the first 1/2 pull like the salve cylinder had air in it then it would tighten up. but it wasn't fully disengaging the clutch. come to find out they didn't include the spring seats for the pressure springs! Now I have to pull her back apart and lose 5 quarts of Amsoil and a new gaskets! SOB's...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Out of curiosity if anyone knows for sure:
The 2019 has a totally different clutch setup that grabs harder the more load it’s under?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well I think I figured it out I'm hoping. Even know you buy the clutch upgrade as a kit it doesn't come with all the parts. I figured it was a direct bolt up. it was missing the clutch spring shims that go between the spring and pressure plate and the shim for the large round spring plate. I use the old one from the 2015 clutch but then started thinking that the thickness may be different and I didn't put any washers under the three springs. I think the combination of the two might be causing it to not fully disengage. I order the parts and hoping to have them Wednesday so I can go back in and correct it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
2016 and up clutch > 2015 all day. Much better lever, and it holds more power. 400+ passes in the 1/4 mile and not one issue with clutch slippage.

·
Registered
425 Posts
2016 and up clutch > 2015 all day. Much better lever, and it holds more power. 400+ passes in the 1/4 mile and not one issue with clutch slippage.
Well 2019 has given probs and slips under hard acceleration so trying to see if stiffer springs will solve the issue.
This year my 2018 zx14 gave me similar issues and change springs and never again had issue with it. Trying to see if similar formula
Works here

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts