Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shopping for a new bike and am very confused about what features come on which models of the SX. The nearest dealer is 90 miles away (Plymouth, MA) and so until the weather improves enough to take a ride up there, I'm trying to get some questions answered and hope you folks can help.

I'm looking at four possible choices: a 2019 SX SE or SE+, a 2018 SX SE, or a 2018 SX. The 2019 SE+ looks like it will be a budget-buster, which is too bad because I like the color vs the SE, but I really don't need all the SE+ bells and whistles or the resulting price tag. The dealer has one 2018 SX in stock which I'll go look at as soon as the snow melts. ;-(

The key questions are whether the following features come on any, all or some of these models:

* center stand
* heated grips
* cruise control

If the 2018 lacks any of these, that's a deal killer.

Also, I can't find alternator output listed for any new Kawis. I am presently running a Gerbings heated jacket, V1 radar detector and zumo 660 GPS on my BMW and the OEM 10 amp/hour battery on the H2s scares me a little without knowing the charging system capacity.

Does anyone have good info on chain life? I've been spoiled by belt drive and haven't owned a chain-driven bike for a bunch of years. I'm hoping the technology has improved. If I got 6k miles out of a chain on my 1969 Honda 750 I'd buy the bar a round in celebration.

My usual riding habits are long trips -- averaging 2-4k miles. Any comments about suitability of these bikes for that are welcome. I'll be trading my 2009 BMW F800 ST, which has served me well for 10 years but I'm looking for an upgrade. If BMW would finally begin manufacturing the R1250 RS that would be the main competition for the H2. But they keep putting off the US intro date and I'm intrigued by the Kawi.

Thanks,

-dan

Registered
The H2 SX SE 2018 have centerstand, heated grips, cruise control and quickshift+autoblip.
Go for that one 馃檪

If you got the budget for a SE+, go for that.
It's really awesome.

But the 2018 H2 SX SE have Everything you are looking for.

Registered
The SX has cruise control and thats about it for options. The SE and SE+ have centre stand, heated grips, quickshifter/auto blipper and corner lights.

My suggestion is go with the SE. The extra features on the SE+ isnt worth breaking the bank.

Registered
SE+..must be something 'new'.Never heard of it.

explanations from bike reviewers like this one make it hard to get a straight factual answer...geez... "The other upgrades to the SE+ model over the base 2019 SX SE model are:

Larger windscreen
Heated Grips
High-Grade Leather Seats
Launch Control
Quickshifter for clutchless up and downshifts
Full-Color TFT Screen
LED Cornering Lights"..the base SX SE HAS this stuff.Except the larger screen and 'possibly' the seat material.

The SE+ is probably not really worth kickin up the price that much.From 22K to 25K?Nah.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. It鈥檚 looking more and more like I should ride the 鈥18 SX that is in stock to make sure the ergos work for me, then order a 鈥19 SE.

-dan

Registered
2019 SX SE+ has electronically controlled suspensions and brembo brakes. Not present on the SX SE model, either 2018 or 2019.

Registered
okay.Gotcha.Sounds pretty cool.Surprised Kawasaki didn't have the upgrades on the H2 family bikes to begin with.
Also.
The new electronic suspension has a work rate at about 500 times/sec.
While something like a R1M and S1000RR has a work rate about 15-20 times/sec

And you can really feel the difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts