Ninja H2 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem figuring out how to extend the rear view mirrors. Are they automatic or manual. If they are automatic how do I get them to extend? Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Huh??

What do you mean by "extend"?

They are pivoted near the base - they fold back near the windshield - the pivot motion has two detented positions, "in", and "out". There is no "extend".

The mirror itself can be aimed inside the housing (the housing also contains the turn signal) - you do this manually. There is no "extend".

What is it that you are trying to do?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You just have to get the leverage right. From the front of the bike - Put one hand in the middle of the mirror arm the other on the end of the mirror arm & pull to the side to pivot it open. Once you do it a couple of times you'll get the hang of it where you can close & open them w/ one hand sitting on the bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, they are in the folded position. And I was tryong to figure out how to unfold them from the closed position to open position. But I didn't want to pull to hard and break something.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
You guys realize they also come FORWARD from that extended position.Apparently to be able to loosen that one stay bolt easier.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"Forward, like pointing to the sky?"...now THAT's funny!Nah...they end up with the mirror reflecting(out) to the side on both sides...GREAT for beaming back that Radar should one try and be parked in a cutoff and tryin to read yer speed from the side;)

They do hiowever adjust forward...you can't see anything...useless for looking through,but allows gettin that one mirror bolt out without scratchin the paint.Wait a minute...I already said thatLOL....sheesh

Don't mind me...I'm havin a senior moment here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts