Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posting my first post, gotta get that out of the way! Been riding since I was 4 (42 now), currently ride a 2012 ZX-14R. Put 41,000 plus miles on her myself since 2013, done many circuit track days with her and a lot of street riding as well. Ordered a 2017 H2 from my dealer about 2 months ago now, the waiting is destroying my mind. Lol. Cant wait to get my hands on the new machine and give my 14R a repast. Plans for a full system and will flash her myself using the Woolich software. As soon as I get my horsepower junkie hands on the new machine I will make sure to post updates. Thanks to all for all the help and info, this place is fantastic, and thanks to Turbo329 for all the solid advice and excellent help with choosing a full system! I cant wait to get the new machine broken in and sort out that Vandemon full system!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome. I campaigned a 14R in LSR and loved the bike. You may notice the H2 is a bit livelier though.

Motor Cycle News (UK) measure both bikes back in 2015, two stock machines and the distance taken from 0 to 180 mph.

14R was 1300 metres, H2 was 700 metres !!!

I think I prefer the 14 as a road bike, just my personal choice, although on the runway there's no stock machine quite like the H2.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! And BobC, that is a beautiful machine you are riding! She looks purposeful, and fast. :) I can not wait to get to know the h2, acceleration and speed have always been a large part of my life. Owning an H2 for me has been like climbing a mountain. :) A long hard journey with a lot of work put in, but here we are and I feel so lucky to soon be able to count myself among y'all as an H2 owner and rider. The butterflies of anticipation are keeping me awake at night! I am so excited for this machine, and for the process of making her my own! This forum is a fantastic source of info and support for owners, much appreciated!

·
Registered
393 Posts
welcome to the mad house

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Congrats & Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your impressions especially after she's off the leash....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had the divine pleaseure of receiving my H2 today. Gotta thank Mark and Cory and CHRIS!, from Clem's Enumclaw Powersports! Y'all are family now! :) I got to be the first to lay eyes on her, help with the assembly process and do the whole preflight checklist myself. What an amazing machine, rode her home this evening and I am still trying to process it all. Thanks to the members here, this place helped drive my purchase decision. My first impression of riding her is that this is by far the finest machine I have ever ridden. The motor is ree-donk-u-lous. The sound. The fury. The chirp. Words fail me.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
There is no describing what this thing does. The endless well of power is not a calm pond, it is the raging torrent of the ocean in the midst of a hurricane. It sounds like the wind whistling through the rigging on a ship.
Did a few quick tidy up mods, gonna go to a full system as soon as I can set aside the cabbage for the Vandemon. Planning to do the full system and maybe a set of velocity stacks and a sprint p-08 filter. Gonna flash the ecu myself and do that round of mods all at once.
I have fallen for this bike hard. Was up most of the night, couldnt sleep, round 3am said 'screw it', and went riding. Wow. The power wheelies every one talks about in fourth and fifth gear are no joke. That boost is addicting. This machine feels on a completely different level of power and control than anything else I have ridden. The suspension is absolutely excellent. I spent about an hour last night getting the shock sorted for my weight and riding style. The front end felt great out of the box and preload felt spot on. Supple and compliant at both ends on the street, while giving excellent feedback and control. Makes my 14r feel kinda like a milk truck with a flat tire honestly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Bout time you got it. NOW you can start posting first person :)

Want a tinted windscreen for it....hint hint...nudge nudge....

NOLA

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"Makes my 14r feel kinda like a milk truck with a flat tire honestly"...well,I hate to say it,but my 14R's been sitting for the last two years.Rode it once in 2015 after I got my beastie.Yeah,it just doesn't have the same feel as my H2...I really have a difficult time NOT taking my H2 over my 14.Course,it aint supposed to be an H2.But I never thought Kawi could outdo the 14.WRONG.Everybit as smooth and plush as the ride quality of the 14,with that definite 'edge' to it that makes it shine.I did have to redo the seat,softened it up a bit and shaped it a bit flatter...She's an all day runner for sure.Happy for ya...ENJOY!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, and yes Nola, absolutely, I was posting and I 'thought', I had an idea. Well, I was wrong. Riding someone else's precious baby for a few brief moments is not enough to even say I met this beast. It is also so refined. I feel spoilt. Thank you all for the nudges in the right direction.
I appreciate this forum all the more now that I have seen a little bit. It is a rare and precious experience to be savored. I am still awed honestly. Thanks again for the kind words. What an amazing machine. To see how some of y'all ride these machines is humbling to say the least. I feel like I have to learn how to ride all over again. My track experience and feeling of confidence on the average 190-200hp bike was not preparation for this. This feels like the powerband surges from 3000, gets serious by 4000, and wants to snap your neck and gut your soul by 10,000. I know, new machine, cant help myself. Gues the hard break in it is.
:)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Niobium....You did NOT put that $300.00 dollar muffler on your pretty new bike. I swear I am going to Photoshop it out.

But I am digging the mag wheels on your daily driver. Retro cool.

NOLA

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@ Nola, Thank you sir, the 78 power wagon is a washington state must have. Lol. As for the slip, I needed more sound immediately, and to save that weight. Stop gap only. Gonna hook up a full Vandemon as soon as I can put aside the green. Its the priority, beleive me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts