Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blowers run much hotter than normal, the heat scales as you introduce more and more boost into the equation.

Yes the intercooler will help, but the size of the intercooler is limited by packaging constraints which would ostensibly indicate that if you thought heat soak a liter bike was bad just WAIT until you ride the H2.

It literally needs to be the fastest bike out there, its the only way to dissipate the heat.

I'm sorry officer my balls were on fire!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just be glad that the rumors is still with the centrifugal oppose to the roots system charger which retains way more heat. Too bad with the packing constraints but maybe a thicker intercooler might help but then againyou might have clearance issues with the front.

Another solution would be a water mist system which sprays water on to the intercooler to help cool it even further. I haven't seen this on bikes just yet but more so on vehicles with turbo applications.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just be glad that the rumors is still with the centrifugal oppose to the roots system charger which retains way more heat. Too bad with the packing constraints but maybe a thicker intercooler might help but then againyou might have clearance issues with the front.

Another solution would be a water mist system which sprays water on to the intercooler to help cool it even further. I haven't seen this on bikes just yet but more so on vehicles with turbo applications.

thats on the subaru sti with the boxer engine and tmi. it does work to a certain degree but where the **** are you going to stick the water reseervoir? this just get super complicated when you bring those things in whats next meth injection. just be glad it aint a turbo where the down pipe would be glowing lava orange imagine the heat from that thing. you would have to take breaks every so often not becuase your ass hurts.

so the only way is to just keep moving and cooling

·
Registered
48 Posts
thats on the subaru sti with the boxer engine and tmi. it does work to a certain degree but where the **** are you going to stick the water reseervoir? this just get super complicated when you bring those things in whats next meth injection. just be glad it aint a turbo where the down pipe would be glowing lava orange imagine the heat from that thing. you would have to take breaks every so often not becuase your ass hurts.

so the only way is to just keep moving and cooling
The patents suggest that the fuel may be directly injected so that the cooling effect of evaporating fuel could reduce temps all around.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It would suck if the bike gets so hot that it is uncomfortable to ride. I don't want to have sweaty or burning legs everytime I ride my bike.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I've owned supercharged cars before and heat-soak was not a problem. Remember it's a gear-driven compressor, not an exhaust-driven one. Although it's always good advice to run the engine gently after a full-throttle blast and let the oil and coolant do its job.

I usually find that riding gently down the return road, after standing start miles, is sufficient for any healthy engine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is probably why the Launch Control (KLCM) has a cool down period. On the H2 they make you wait 150 seconds between launches and won't launch at all if the engine temp > 100 C.

Either that or Momma Kawi figures street riders can't handle a pure shot of adrenaline more than every two and a half minutes ;)

Don't know what it is for the H2R but the H2G is only a 5 second wait.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Launch-control delay is likely for clutch plate protection - although 150 seconds sounds a bit much.

Most common scenario for my zx10r to run hot is not under load, but rather when stuck in traffic or moving below 50 km/h. I don't think the supercharger on the H2 will be a factor in that situation - at low engine revs, it's hardly doing anything.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm sure it also depends on how hot it is outside. If its already hot outside then this could be more of a problem. Just trying to say that different people may end up having different experiences with this.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Certainly, but in those conditions the supercharger isn't going to be a meaningful factor. If stuck in traffic in hot weather, the bike is gonna run hot and the supercharger isn't going to be the factor that makes it meaningfully better or worse.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think Kawasaki has thought all this out and "heat soak" won't be an issue.

"Compact side cowls and under cowls were designed to assist with heat dissipation. The engine is almost exposed, making it easy for air to escape (so that fresh, cool air can enter). An overall chassis CFD analysis and wind tunnel testing further aided in creating a design that directs air into the radiator and then helps draw heat out of the engine space. The radiator offers superior cooling performance because it flows approximately 1.5x more air than other bikes."

·
Registered
587 Posts
This is 1000cc bike it would be hot without sc. Shorts need not be worn...... My gen 4 has this black air deflector on front fairing to separate hot air from engine from air that runs across legs. I always wear my Kevlar jeans but regular pants can be torture even with cooling deflector. The last bmw was very hot and I hear the 15 is worse. Shorts can't be worn (not that they should be anyways but I'm not anyone's mom here) the new model. H2 will be hot and leathers will be best, if it's really hot out look out lol

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
"I think Kawasaki has thought all this out and "heat soak" won't be an issue".

+2...yup.:D

This bike might just run 'cooler' than anyone thinks.Maybe.Can barely wait for the first orders to get to you guys...FULL reviews are non negotiable.

·
Registered
587 Posts
"I think Kawasaki has thought all this out and "heat soak" won't be an issue".

+2...yup.:D

This bike might just run 'cooler' than anyone thinks.Maybe.Can barely wait for the first orders to get to you guys...FULL reviews are non negotiable.
Idk guys for some reason I don't think even Kawi can circumvent the laws of thermodynamics. High hp=high heat. No getting around it. This bike will be hot. as far as I know the bmw is the worst and the newer one isn't much better. 10r has that black plastic spoiler thingy on front fairings that actually help by re routing air past legs.. But it's still hot as f

·
Registered
554 Posts
Idk guys for some reason I don't think even Kawi can circumvent the laws of thermodynamics. High hp=high heat. No getting around it. This bike will be hot. as far as I know the bmw is the worst and the newer one isn't much better. 10r has that black plastic spoiler thingy on front fairings that actually help by re routing air past legs.. But it's still hot as f
I'd heard the Ducatis were the worst, but that was just anecdotally...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yes. I was focusing on i4s but I have heard the same thing. I believe the 1199 and new 1299 were supposedly designed to be cooler but again they are high hp. high hp=high heat every time. If you were doing a comparison to say electricity. A 100 watts is about 3200 btus of heat. I'm not gonna look up the bikes exact kW output but I'd guess it's 147 so that's 147 *3300=485100 btu which is a massive amount of heat. For example those propane heaters for construction that can heat up a house with no roof on it puts out 150000. So 3 of them would equal a streetbike. I use 1 to heat my 3,000 square foot building in 5 degree weather lol we are talking massive amounts of heat here.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts