Ninja H2 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new 2022 H2. I have noticed from the beginning that there is a heat burst that is most noticeable under the seat while riding. It seems that when the fans kick in at around 200F, the seat gets really hot.

I read somewhere that there is supposed to be a heat barrier under the seat, towards the engine, that is supposed to block engine heat. I haven't taken off the seat yet to check if this part exists

My thinking is that the dealer tard that unpacked and prepped the bike, may have mistaken this part for packaging materials and removed it before replacing the seat.

Anyone experience any heat issues on their H2?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

·
Registered
531 Posts
2015 H2
I haven't experienced quite what you have with heat dissipating under the seat.
And I don't think there is an actual deflecting barrier under the seat.
These bikes do run hot when running for a while, the only thing I have added is an intercooler, which does help keep the intake temps down a bit, especially here in Australia, and I do occasional track days, so the temps climb even more!

·
Registered
93 Posts
thanks, what is the running temperature range when you ride? And also the outside temp
Around town I’ve seen it hit 215 after I parked and the fan turned off. I switched the electronics on to see how hot it was. When running around town it shows 199. Never seen it pass that while being actively used in town. On the highway Ive seen it reach 185. Both of those were when the outside temp was over 105.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts