Ninja H2 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my shift light. Wasn't to bad. I used the front led harness for key on power and the rpm wire is tapped into cylinder 2 red wire. I don't use normal taps, I use screw type so it doesn't hurt the wire at all. Works great and is much needed. Use an android tablet or phone, download the app and set the lights where you want. You have 3 options and 4 colors. First light you can set low and the next higher and the last one at the absolute highest you want to rev. Color choices are red blue and green. When you mix them all evenly the light becomes white. Raise or lower the values for brightness. I recommend this 100%. Stay tuned for riding videos but for now here's a key turn : https://youtu.be/eeaHtLRO4Jo

Purchased from Bluemonkeymotorsports.com

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Do you think this will be better than the H2's own shift light?

I've got my set to 12,000 and all the tachometer led's flashing works for me, I'd not considered an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Really like your mounting position. I didnt know it would fit there sideways. I am SO pissed this doesnt work with the iPhone. I actually contacted them and they described what a pain in the butt it is to get Apple stuff authorized and the hardware BS with them. So it will prob never be an iPhone option.

My only option is getting an Android powered drop phone and just keeping it (not activated) to set up the shift light.

But I gotta get one of these, I got the really dark windscreen for mine and it still doesnt help that much with seeing the flashing OE shift points.

NOLA

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you think this will be better than the H2's own shift light?

I've got my set to 12,000 and all the tachometer led's flashing works for me, I'd not considered an aftermarket one.
I personally hate the stock tach flashing. If it was brighter it would be ok but for me I can't pay attention to the road in a mile race against someone else and focus on shifting at the exact time. It's a world of a difference to me. I set one light at 13,000 for easy races and if I need to go all out the light starts flashing quickly in a different color for 14k

Really like your mounting position. I didnt know it would fit there sideways. I am SO pissed this doesnt work with the iPhone. I actually contacted them and they described what a pain in the butt it is to get Apple stuff authorized and the hardware BS with them. So it will prob never be an iPhone option.

My only option is getting an Android powered drop phone and just keeping it (not activated) to set up the shift light.

But I gotta get one of these, I got the really dark windscreen for mine and it still doesnt help that much with seeing the flashing OE shift points.

NOLA
It fits there just barely. There's a little notch in the windscreen bracket that just gave it enough clearance. The stock tach shifting at 13 is a pain because it skips from 12 to 14 so for me it's frustrating. But you can get any cheap android phone and set it up. Or borrow a friends phone. You just have to install the app and remember the pin code for blue tooth access. I actually wasn't getting a good signal either from the coil. I had to move the wire to the crankshaft sensor yellow wire. It's much more accurate now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I personally hate the stock tach flashing. If it was brighter it would be ok but for me I can't pay attention to the road in a mile race against someone else and focus on shifting at the exact time. It's a world of a difference to me. I set one light at 13,000 for easy races and if I need to go all out the light starts flashing quickly in a different color for 14k

It fits there just barely. There's a little notch in the windscreen bracket that just gave it enough clearance. The stock tach shifting at 13 is a pain because it skips from 12 to 14 so for me it's frustrating. But you can get any cheap android phone and set it up. Or borrow a friends phone. You just have to install the app and remember the pin code for blue tooth access. I actually wasn't getting a good signal either from the coil. I had to move the wire to the crankshaft sensor yellow wire. It's much more accurate now.
Do you have a photo of the yellow wire...? Where can I find it and I will set mine up. I use this shift light on all my bikes, so just need to add one to the H2 as I cant see the standard instruments flashing at all.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
NICE video....Gotta get that ECU unlocked so it goes past 189.

NOLA
Don Guhl was offering the speedo upgrade as a freebie to previous reflash customers, you just pay for shipping.

Not had mine done yet, don't go that fast on the road and on the track I'm too busy to bother with the speedo so it really wasn't worth ripping the bike apart again just for that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone knows exactly where to connect them. Already tapped the power into one of the front small lights beside the main light bean, that normally comes on when you turn the switch. There is power but the Light keep flashing red, green, blue decided to check the voltage with my meter and is at 8.4 volts. I'm believe it must be 12 plus volts to work. So even though I see the lights flashing is not even trying to connect to Bluetooth try my laptop and my android Samsung phone and no luck with even showing. Not sure exactly where else to try.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts