Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am thinking about the vandemom header pipes but like the look of the akrapovic can that i have on does anyone know if this is a fitment match? has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
am thinking about the vandemom header pipes but like the look of the akrapovic can that i have on does anyone know if this is a fitment match? has anyone tried it?
Remember too that the Akrapovic headers are a larger diameter than the stock system. You can't mix and match the race system headers with the stock can, you'll need the whole thing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Remember too that the Akrapovic headers are a larger diameter than the stock system. You can't mix and match the race system headers with the stock can, you'll need the whole thing.
No more, Akrapovic did the optional set of headers for the smaller diameter stock slip-on can too.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
No more, Akrapovic did the optional set of headers for the smaller diameter stock slip-on can too.

That was a good move. I guess there must be a demand then and it gets rid of that ugly square box with the catalyst inside. Slight downside is that the bigger bore headers have a power advantage.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just the outlet is of a different diameter, the header diameter itself on the akro race full, and the slip-on friendly header, is the same. Only where they actually mate up to the muffler is it different. Power shouldn’t be drastically different on those two.

·
Registered
625 Posts
According to the Akrapovic website the optional headers and slip on versus the full race system give identical improvements of 2.6kw and 4nm, if the full race system has an advantage I guess it’s going to be marginal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
625 Posts
Appears the same but stepped down in size at the end of the outlet to fit the smaller muffler inlet. The optional headers are on back order, mine is scheduled for delivery on 28th Feb

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks all for the info people much apreciateded will take note and let you know what the out come is

·
Registered
238 Posts
@ian
The H2R output is 58mm where the muffler attaches (Vandemon is a replica), the H2 muffler is 50m
I don't know the size of the Akrapovic but if you already have one you can check that but I would guess the one you have is 50mm like the stock H2.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
That's the only difference between the two. The reduction in outlet diameter is clearly visible.
That header with the diameter reduction wasn't available when I bought an Akrapovic system for my H2. It might explain why Kawasaki UK, who had the race system in stock as an accessory, were offering them with a £1,000 reduction last year. £1,500 instead of £2,500. They would have been stuck with a lot of unsold items when owners found they could purchase just the headers and fit their existing Akrapovic muffler. Remember, we lucky UK owners were originally given one of those with the bike.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I had a search online and couldn’t find the full system much under 3k so suggest probably not.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Are they still available at that price Bob?
My dealer said it was a limited offer and this was last summer. I'm guessing they aren't still on offer at that price but you could always ask. We thought Kawasaki probably had to order a minimum quantity from Akrapovic and still had most of them in stock.

Not sure why they were trying to shift them though. We can speculate on that!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Pardon my ignorance guys but does the full akra come with the ugly "canister" on, if so, I presume the power and wight loss gains must be impressive as cosmetically its only slightly better than the standard system

Rob

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Pardon my ignorance guys but does the full akra come with the ugly "canister" on, if so, I presume the power and wight loss gains must be impressive as cosmetically its only slightly better than the standard system

Rob
Yes it's the same type of muffler, just a bigger diameter entry pipe on the race system, see attached image. Here in the UK at our race meetings we have to measure less than 105dB, so exhausts like the full fat H2R and others cannot be used. The Akrapovic system measures around 98dB at 4,000rpm in a static test. That is with the bike stationary and the throttle open to hold a constant 4,000rpm, measured at 45degrees one metre from the end of the muffler. You get used to the look of it, it's certainly better than the huge stock muffler. Also it was given free in the UK - don't look a gift horse in the mouth, as they say.

My friend ran his H2R in 2015, goodness knows how it passed the static test because when they re-measured it after one pass through the standing-mile it was 125dB and they banned it.

(Image of me by photog' Phil Evans at Elvington 2017)

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Not much in terms of power in standard tune, 2.6kw & 4nm. Much less weight & gets rid of the cat.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Not much in terms of power in standard tune, 2.6kw & 4nm. Much less weight & gets rid of the cat
The point I was trying to make was, yes I know they get id of the cat, however, that canister dont look right to me, I'd be going vandemon or similar

Rob

1 - 20 of 24 Posts