Ninja H2 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out for a short ride, light throttle second gear, low rpms, went to maintenance throttle, then slowly back to light throttle, my left foot was completely off the shifter. The H2 up shifted to third gear on its own without touching the shifter This is not the first time either, but this time it was blatant, obvious. Has this happened to you ?

Rhody...

·
Registered
891 Posts
not sure what maintenance the throttle means, but I've never had the bike change gears without without intending to.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Racer,

I mean by almost, but not quite off throttle, slightly cracked, I have Sato rearsets as well, they don't bind, are adjusted properly and lubricated.

When it happened before I was always thinking I was somehow resting my toe on the shift lever. This time I am 100% sure it was not touching it at all.

Rhody...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The only time I've known a bike jump a gear is when the current gear has not been fully engaged.

Never on my H2, although it reminds me of a fault on the ZX11 (ZZR1100) which was the subject of a recall in around 1992-93.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only time I've known a bike jump a gear is when the current gear has not been fully engaged.

Never on my H2, although it reminds me of a fault on the ZX11 (ZZR1100) which was the subject of a recall in around 1992-93.

Bob,

That's what I was thinking as well, hard to tell how and why and what makes it happen. I am thankful it didn't happen on the track, but then again no matter what the condition going from 2nd to 3rd is not as bad as the other way around.

Rhody...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts