Ninja H2 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all...hope everyone's doin okay.I took my 2015 out today from winter vacation.Had a great ride.During her storage I lowered the front 1/2 inch,and the rear 1/4 inch.Also rebalanced the wheels with tires.They took a bit of balancing weight.But got em done.
I just wanted to say that my baby hasn't been this smooth OR handled this solidly in fast corners before.Almost like a different bike.I'm very happy with how she turned out.I recommend this lowering and balancing for anyone.I had to buy the brock's lowering links for the rear...but definitely worth doing.Before I lowered the rear,I had only done the front.It handled nothing like this however.:D
I LOVE my Ninja lol.

Twilight Zone mad rabbit!;)

also added a Magical Racing iridium screen and carbon framing.Works much better at directing flow around my helmet and torso than my factory one.Very pleased with it.Virtually no buffeting.I suspect that's also helping the bike feel as it does now,along with the wings.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Mine's lowered a little with the Brock's links. I agree about the screen too but I bought a Zero Gravity Corsa. Specified a clear one as I need to look through it for LSR.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Corsa...that's a good screen.I can see real nicely through this one.It appears darker(because of the coating),but it doesn't really darken the road or anything much.Not enough to be concerned.I definitely need to see through mine as well.Works great.Can't believe all the deer,and moose out there yesterday.Right next to the road.3-5 at a time.Guess they don't have any death wishes right now.Most just walked further away,some took off quick.Musta seen like 20 or so throughout my ride.None even acted like they were gonna bolt into the street.I'm thinkin they like the ninja also...;)But saw a few been hit by cars off the side.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey man, that sounds sahweet. Glad to hear you're out riding. From some of your videos I just figured you rode through winter at least that's what it looks like in some of them. I'm waiting for the day when you decide to show us your video mount. I've seen it in the shadow but still kinda hard to make it out completely.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"show us your video mount. I've seen it in the shadow but still kinda hard to make it out completely."...you funny!It's just a simple gopro mount base on the front of my helmet at the chin.Used some epoxy to attach it on there.Then use the slot catch piece and go from there.Use a few different arms depending on if I want a low FOV or at chin level.Also have a tank mount deal(gopro)which is really the same.But NO epoxy on the base on the tank(obviously).Then I use a couple of arms to get the height right.And a small stabilizer stick under camera to tank.A cut pencil works well!!!Keeps the cam from vibrating and stuff.I did try a couple of 3 axis gimbals.**** things can't deal with wind force on em though.Basically they stop going back to the horizontal.Kinda ruins the gimbal effect.Stopped using those.Now I just mimic the gimbal action with my head position.Works fine.I've seen some decent gimbal vids...but I don't think they were using the kind I had.Probably WAY better.(and WAY more expensive).

As far as riding through winter.Nope.It snows here good.BUT,this last winter it stayed clear on the roads into Dec.Highly unusual.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I noticed some of those things except for the tank mount. That’s an interesting idea using the pencil. I may have to borrow your idea and give it a go. Just sent back a gimble, good rating lower entry model but it would not do its thing. I’m just getting into this and now trying it with a chest mount. All tips and suggestions appreciated and can understand where you're at not riding through the winter. It's gotta be different then down here where everything melts quickly. Again, it's great to hear how the bikes handling. You certainly have the roads for it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Those magical racing screens are pretty nice. Different for sure. What's the super coat and why does it add 200$ to the price ??

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey Ksix.Hope all is well...It's an Iridium coat...I think that's what they mean by 'supercoat'.I really like it.Wanted an iridium screen on my baby forever.I think it goes great with the color and style of the beastie.As for price,I bought it from We!Bike in Japan.It was 339 dollars.You might check out Magical Racing if you're thinkin about getting one.Might possibly be cheaper,and shipping may be quicker.This took three months to get here!lol.Worth it though.If you go through Webike and think of ordering their other tinted screen for the H2,DO NOT buy that.It doesn't fit right.Just a heads up.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah Ola.Tried two different gimbals.Fairly higher priced.Sent one back,stopped working altogether.The other,stopped using it.I don't think chest mounting it is gonna solve the problem with these.They may work on a bicycle.But not a motorcycle.Even mounted one on the tank under the screen.Didn't help at all.Motors just aren't strong enough I guess.IDK.Rip off actually for a motorcycle gimbal.IMO.Okay,so you put the sticky mount foot on the tank,move it slightly to the right so the camera lens is right down the centerline.Add a couple of arms to raise the cam.Take a pencil and cut length to fit UNDER the camera casing edge.(shave an angle on the pencil to go up in that little lip).Then add a small piece of soft 3m tape on the tank.Run the pencil between the cam and tank,and adjust the camera to have a very tight contact there.Then take electrician's tape and run it from the tank side area over the camera housing to secure the whole thing,and fasten the tape over on the other tank side.Maybe use two strips of tape.Won't damage the paint or anything.Just make sure the camera is securely pushed down onto the pencil.That's the DIY way.Otherwise,the camera vibrates and ruins any vids.The pencil contact with the camera needs to be as close to the center of the arms as possible.So it's a straight shot on the tank and leverage.Added some NEW videos yesterday to my channel...survivorh2.Check em out.I think they turned out really good.Had TWO close calls with LEO as well...they're in there.I gotta ease it up again some....but it was such a great day to ride!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As far as I can tell...pretty much anything above 100 and it seems to stabilize the front.Maybe a little.At 200 it holds really nicely,but that could be the damper working...probably.I know it's been stated here that for LSR it seems to slow the bike down.IDK...if they say it does,then it probably does.But I'm not doing anything like that.I do think they work(for how I'm riding)..Mainly got em for the looks.I think they go great with the bike.They must do something positive for the stability.Kawi wouldn't have put em on there if they didn't.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
As far as I can tell...pretty much anything above 100 and it seems to stabilize the front.Maybe a little.At 200 it holds really nicely,but that could be the damper working...probably.I know it's been stated here that for LSR it seems to slow the bike down.IDK...if they say it does,then it probably does.But I'm not doing anything like that.I do think they work(for how I'm riding)..Mainly got em for the looks.I think they go great with the bike.They must do something positive for the stability.Kawi wouldn't have put em on there if they didn't.
This is my belief too. The wings are there to generate downforce which is proportional to the airflow over them (your forward speed). In other words some of the energy which normally propels the bike forward is being used to generate this downforce.

Ok for the track then where absolute speed is not so important and an H2 rarely gets to 100% throttle or top speed. In LSR wings can cut top speed. Even the mirrors on the H2 can lose you top speed, folded back or not. I've tried it with and without, it's better without.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts