Ninja H2 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've Just done a bit of Maths ( Math in the USA but there was more than one sum ).....:nerd:

The H2R's downpipes are 48mm and has .5mm titanium walls the area in cross section is 1735mm ( I know there should be a raised little two there but I can't find it on my keyboard).

The H2s downpipes are 45mm and has 1mm stainless steel walls the area in cross section is 1452mm( I know there should be a raised little two there but I still can't find it on my keyboard).

This difference is very nearly 20%

19.49%:nerd:

Thats just the flow at that point ,,,there is still the weight loss.

I have 3 cats, Pebbles35 has 5. I'm sure none of us, no matter how much we love them, want them on our H2's.

With the ECU information ( Many thanks Don from the UK ) we now know the H2 was designed after the H2R. Specifically the part number being lower.

I will be very surprised if Ackropovic don't keep up their longstanding association with Kawasaki and offer full on headers for our bikes. The standard H2R is sweet enough to be the work of Ackro anyway.

>:D I HOPE MY MATHS IS RIGHT OR THATS ME STUPID >:D

0:) If it is then the stock exhaust has to go 0:)

·
Registered
350 Posts
I will be very surprised if Ackropovic don't keep up their longstanding association with Kawasaki and offer full on headers for our bikes. The standard H2R is sweet enough to be the work of Ackro anyway.
I'd been interested in the hoped for full headers from Akrapovic but definitely not the alien seed pod looking canister... thank God it doesn't come Standard in Canada.

I don't think that the exhaust system on the H2R came from Akrapovic... there would definitely be an Akrapovic label on the "cannister" / end sleeve section if such was the case... just like on the BMW HP4s.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no accounting for personal taste or the lack of it. I deliberately set that line out so it could read against me as I know i'm alone in liking the Ackro trouser snake.

I just happen to think a Python looks more menacing than a Duck billed Platypus.

The point I was making is we have a perfect, optimum pattern for our H2 headers. Such is the proven quality of Ackropovics work the aftermarket sector will remove this part of the restriction.

What I should have said is Ackro can't improve the standard H2R's headers and I rate their headers up there even with KHI.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Ruff calculations on my end indicate that 45mm header pipes on an engine of this power per cylinder will not be restrictive. The diameter is about right. Bigger header pipes are not necessarily better.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ruff calculations on my end indicate that 45mm header pipes on an engine of this power per cylinder will not be restrictive. The diameter is about right. Bigger header pipes are not necessarily better.
I have to agree!!
Kerry at Area P told me he made several different types of Headers for the Gen 3 and could only make very minimal improvements.At a great cost for not much gain.
I don't think he even bothered trying on the Gen 4.
I trust KHI have sorted every nut,bolt etc etc,and there won't be too much improvement to be made on anything.
The ecu may be a different story.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Agreed! H2 is mid tuned and the H2R is all about WFO!>:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts