Ninja H2 banner

H2R-size (190/65) tires still available?

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Tps3443 
#1 ·
Admittedly I'm probably planning ahead more than needed, as I'm still building funds towards an H2 rather than needing a tire right now.

Still, I was thinking the stock H2R rear, Battlax V01 190/65-R17 , could be a good choice for LSR due to a little larger diameter and presumably good to any attainable speed.

But, web search is showing that as discontinued, the V02 not available in that size, and no other tire I could find in that size.

Is that actually an orphan tire size now? Or is it likely that as the stock fitment for even the 2017 H2R, Kawasaki dealers likely will be able to get it for some time even though no website lists it and Bridgestone doesn't either?

Thanks!

#2 ·
2017 H2R here
Stock at the rear racing battleax V01R in 190/650R17
Available in soft/medium at any tire store here

The V02 is only available in 200/655R17

But the LSR guys here can help for sure

#3 ·
Thank you!

Looks like one of those things then where not listed on the web anywhere (or I should say not anywhere in US where I am and very very few webpages anywhere) but could be available in shops. Hopefully for some time to come, but if really discontinued as the Bridgestone page says, maybe not for so long?

#7 ·
I love the Bridgestone 190/650r17, I drive a GSXR1000 L1 daily. And these are the only tires I will run!

As soon as my factory battlax tires wore down, I slapped a set of 190/650/17's medium rear, and 120/600r17 front medium.

People dont usually run slicks on the street, but i was facinated with the shape of the tire. Its much better than a 55. They warm up very quick, and they do good with heat cycles.

After I pull out of my driveway, and a few mild mannered miles later, they are ready for maximum lean. I have not had any scary times, or sliding around.

Much better than a factory 190/50 with a flat like profile. And much more forgiving than Dunlop GP-A's..

They have excellent corner entry. The bike leans easily with minimal effort.

I do not make H2, or H2R power, but with a Yoshi ecu, and a Yoshi 0.55mm thinner head gasket, and cotters. I make 182RWHP, im still running stock dual exhaust.. And these tires are just sweet!

It makes for a fun trip to work.

You can buy them online, I may try the 200/655r17 next. It will increase most bikes ride height drastically. So, I needed to tweak suspension for switching to slicks, and the much taller tire to.

Its a drastic difference from 190/50 to 190/65

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.