Ninja H2 banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
It sounds like you might live in another country, other than the U.S.A. If you do, no problem. Just email Brocks performance. [email protected] His phone number is 1-937-912-0054 [email protected]
Then all you have to do is pay him, wait for the goodies, and mail your ecu (probably aught to insure it for 1,000) Ask him if they can take care of the pcv, I'm not sure because I haven't asked him. He's been on this forum for a long time, helping us. Also He was the first guy to break into the 7 seconds, back when he was racing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Finally we are getting somewhere and a certain IOM TT race team that I head up has been taking my time, however please email me for photos of this stunning rendition and manufacture of our H2R type exhaust for the H2.
Mine will be fitted to my new Brooks complete non cat system, however we can make these as a direct replacement for the standard or Akraovic rear can.

Andy

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Finally we are getting somewhere and a certain IOM TT race team that I head up has been taking my time, however please email me for photos of this stunning rendition and manufacture of our H2R type exhaust for the H2.
Mine will be fitted to my new Brooks complete non cat system, however we can make these as a direct replacement for the standard or Akraovic rear can.

Andy
The H2 market is simply too small for us to create the multitude of exhaust systems that owners would like, or invest in the tooling required to fulfil every taste. For that reason, we have made our front sections available for purchase separately - to allow the do it yourself types do create their own performance system using whichever muffler they desire. See our web site for details.

Brock

·
Banned
546 Posts
The H2 market is simply too small for us to create the multitude of exhaust systems that owners would like, or invest in the tooling required to fulfil every taste. For that reason, we have made our front sections available for purchase separately - to allow the do it yourself types do create their own performance system using whichever muffler they desire. See our web site for details.

Brock
The H2 market is only small because the bike is expensive and it's only been out less than a year. There are no plans to stop making it, they're showing the 2017's now and production is already nearing 4000 bikes. For perspective; they've sold nearly twice as many '16s as they have '15s and it's only February. The ride is far from over.

You didn't have to make a multitude of exhausts - all anyone ever wanted from day one was an R replica pipe. Instead you wasted months of R&D on that thing you're selling now that makes no power and, in my not so humble opinion, looks completely out of place on the H2. Your captive market isn't going to last forever. When that R replica finally becomes available and your phone stops ringing, remember we had this conversation more than once. There's still time for you to turn it around but that window is closing fast.

Lastly, please stop posting all over the place that 'the R isn't so special anymore'. Thats not cool man.

·
Registered
843 Posts
The H2 market is only small because the bike is expensive and it's only been out less than a year. There are no plans to stop making it, they're showing the 2017's now and production is already nearing 4000 bikes. For perspective; they've sold nearly twice as many '16s as they have '15s and it's only February. The ride is far from over.

Hi , where have you heard they have all ready sold more 2016 than 2015 ? Not saying it's not so but I'm genuinely surprised at that .

·
Banned
546 Posts

Hi , where have you heard they have all ready sold more 2016 than 2015 ? Not saying it's not so but I'm genuinely surprised at that .
I probably should've said 'made', not 'sold'. They haven't all been sold yet. They're delivering floor plan bikes for general sales this year. Two ways to find out about the numbers; ask the right person at Kawasaki or start looking at the VINs and engine numbers of delivered bikes. I was surprised too. I didn't think spark black would be that well liked but once again, unsurprisingly, Kawaskai proves they know way more about their customers than I do. :)

I saw the spark black. It's not great in pictures but it is in person. The glass particulate is cool. I don't think they'll have any trouble moving the spec ones.

·
Registered
587 Posts

You didn't have to make a multitude of exhausts - all anyone ever wanted from day one was an R replica pipe. Instead you wasted months of R&D on that thing you're selling now that makes no power and, in my not so humble opinion, looks completely out of place on the H2. Your captive market isn't going to last forever. When that R replica finally becomes available and your phone stops ringing, remember we had this conversation more than once. There's still time for you to turn it around but that window is closing fast.

Lastly, please stop posting all over the place that 'the R isn't so special anymore'. Thats not cool man.

Have you even seen the slash cut without the Baffle! It looks incredibly similar to the H2R exhaust.

This is for everyone else to see how ridiculous your replies are. You are so self entitled it's frustrating. You think Kawasaki owes you something because you bought the bike, and you think parts manufacturers owe you something because you want an exhaust. Get over yourself.

Reactions: Cliff Secord

·
Banned
546 Posts
Have you even seen the slash cut without the Baffle! It looks incredibly similar to the H2R exhaust.

This is for everyone else to see how ridiculous your replies are. You are so self entitled it's frustrating. You think Kawasaki owes you something because you bought the bike, and you think parts manufacturers owe you something because you want an exhaust. Get over yourself.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Yes the Brocks slash cut looks similar without the baffles fitted but if I may say it does look unfinished when they are fitted . Take a good look at the H2R exhaust and you will see just how far off it is .
The R has a beautiful turned over and back on itself outside lip and an oval baffle plate that is inline with the slash cut ( no sharp edges etc ) Brock obviously knows his market but as unpopular as this may make me in my opinion Cliff Secord is correct on this ( I think he's slowly mellowing😉)

Aston Jenkins , is there any reason why you cannot just post up a picture of the H2R replica that you have made ? A picture paints a thousand words .

·
Registered
587 Posts
^Go and buy and H2R exhaust then lol. I don't know what else to say. If you want the exact pipe, go pay for it. The Brocks slash cut is a great replica of the R exhaust, and the baffle is included for those that need a silencer for track days and even street riding. It's seriously the best option on the market from what I have seen that replicates the R exhaust.

·
Banned
546 Posts
^Go and buy and H2R exhaust then lol. I don't know what else to say. If you want the exact pipe, go pay for it. The Brocks slash cut is a great replica of the R exhaust, and the baffle is included for those that need a silencer for track days and even street riding. It's seriously the best option on the market from what I have seen that replicates the R exhaust.
I know better but I'm gonna anyway; This guy had one on his bike two weeks after he got it. Just about nailed it excluding the rivets and the small protrusion. The removable baffle is brilliant and it looks great. If I could speak Thai I'd probably have one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRNDFLZKBQI

That's some guy in a third world country working with scraps. Why couldn't Brock do it? Unless he's just buying his stuff from somewhere else and just re-labeling it, I don't see what the problem is. Before the animosity, I even offered Brock's a blank check to make me a one-off; he still wouldn't do it. In hindsight he did me a favor, but at the time I was willing to light my bank account on fire and essentially self-fund his R&D for a replica. (It might not have been Brock I spoke to but whoever was answering the phone). Even offered to loan them my stock exhaust to use as a template. They flat out refused.

Boosted; You seem to be taking irrational offense to potential paying customers asking for something not available. It's not like we're randomly screaming at the girl in the Wendy's drive-through to make balloon animals. This is Brock's business. It's what he does. People want to buy a product that doesn't exist. They've made requests and suggestions (not a demand or declaration of entitlement BTW). That's pretty much how the free market has worked for the last 2000 years. I would argue that if Brock had the ability to manufacture an H2R replica exhaust, pretty much every H2 with a can on it would have one by now. I don't care for Brock's megaphone because Kerker was making the same megaphone exhaust for Katanas in the 80's. I had one. In my opinion, it was awful then and its awful now. I wouldn't put that on an H2 for the same reason I wouldn't put it on an MV or a Ducati.

As for 'just buying an H2R exhaust'. You can't unless you own an H2R and even then its $7k. The next option is to ask someone in the business of making exhausts to build you one. Apparently Brock is either incapable or unwilling to accommodate the wishes of potential customers - which seems antithetic to his business model. I don't get it, and yeah, I'm a little frustrated. Customers vote with their money. Now that someone else is on it - we'll see what the response is. You can hate on me all you want but all I (and many others) wanted them to do was take my money. Most businesses usually find a way to say yes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a new guy here my opinion is probably irrelevant but here goes. I did not read this entire thread from the beginning until now. I'm not sure what you're expecting the aftermarket industry/manufacturers to do. These bikes are not GSXR's, Busa's, ZX-14's etc. There is little incentive to build anything for a bike with such a limited number being produced now or in the future. If anything, maybe personal satisfaction, bragging rights, or curiosity would motivate any individual or company to build something for the H2. At this point and time, it's definitely a niche market.

If you're looking for a real replica pipe, my suggestion would be to find a fabricator/custom bike shop, give them your bike, a pile of money and have it done to your specs. Again, key word, a pile of money! When you're done, maybe you can try and market your product. Recoup your investment, make some profit? I'm not trying to be a smartass here but I have to question what it is people are expecting or want.

On another note, I see some people just wanting a solution to the cat. That is an easy fix for anyone that works with stainless. It's not really difficult to cut the cat and weld a stainless flange on where the cat was. From that point on you can do whatever you want. Custom, replica, anything.

BTW, what I fabricated for the H2 was for my own personal satisfaction. I have access to the materials and products to do what I want. The slip on I used comes from the company I work for. Still, will it ever be sold or available? Probably not.

·
Banned
546 Posts
As a new guy here my opinion is probably irrelevant but here goes. I did not read this entire thread from the beginning until now. I'm not sure what you're expecting the aftermarket industry/manufacturers to do. These bikes are not GSXR's, Busa's, ZX-14's etc. There is little incentive to build anything for a bike with such a limited number being produced now or in the future. If anything, maybe personal satisfaction, bragging rights, or curiosity would motivate any individual or company to build something for the H2. At this point and time, it's definitely a niche market.

If you're looking for a real replica pipe, my suggestion would be to find a fabricator/custom bike shop, give them your bike, a pile of money and have it done to your specs. Again, key word, a pile of money! When you're done, maybe you can try and market your product. Recoup your investment, make some profit? I'm not trying to be a smartass here but I have to question what it is people are expecting or want.

On another note, I see some people just wanting a solution to the cat. That is an easy fix for anyone that works with stainless. It's not really difficult to cut the cat and weld a stainless flange on where the cat was. From that point on you can do whatever you want. Custom, replica, anything.

BTW, what I fabricated for the H2 was for my own personal satisfaction. I have access to the materials and products to do what I want. The slip on I used comes from the company I work for. Still, will it ever be sold or available? Probably not.
You should've read the thread. All of that was covered and then some.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I know better but I'm gonna anyway; This guy had one on his bike two weeks after he got it. Just about nailed it excluding the rivets and the small protrusion. The removable baffle is brilliant and it looks great. If I could speak Thai I'd probably have one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRNDFLZKBQI

That's some guy in a third world country working with scraps. Why couldn't Brock do it? Unless he's just buying his stuff from somewhere else and just re-labeling it, I don't see what the problem is. Before the animosity, I even offered Brock's a blank check to make me a one-off; he still wouldn't do it. In hindsight he did me a favor, but at the time I was willing to light my bank account on fire and essentially self-fund his R&D for a replica. (It might not have been Brock I spoke to but whoever was answering the phone). Even offered to loan them my stock exhaust to use as a template. They flat out refused.

Boosted; You seem to be taking irrational offense to potential paying customers asking for something not available. It's not like we're randomly screaming at the girl in the Wendy's drive-through to make balloon animals. This is Brock's business. It's what he does. People want to buy a product that doesn't exist. They've made requests and suggestions (not a demand or declaration of entitlement BTW). That's pretty much how the free market has worked for the last 2000 years. I would argue that if Brock had the ability to manufacture an H2R replica exhaust, pretty much every H2 with a can on it would have one by now. I don't care for Brock's megaphone because Kerker was making the same megaphone exhaust for Katanas in the 80's. I had one. In my opinion, it was awful then and its awful now. I wouldn't put that on an H2 for the same reason I wouldn't put it on an MV or a Ducati.

As for 'just buying an H2R exhaust'. You can't unless you own an H2R and even then its $7k. The next option is to ask someone in the business of making exhausts to build you one. Apparently Brock is either incapable or unwilling to accommodate the wishes of potential customers - which seems antithetic to his business model. I don't get it, and yeah, I'm a little frustrated. Customers vote with their money. Now that someone else is on it - we'll see what the response is. You can hate on me all you want but all I (and many others) wanted them to do was take my money. Most businesses usually find a way to say yes.
I have seen that video, but that exhaust looks terrible to me. The piece that holds the baffle in place is an eye sore. If they could use a larger baffle that would be completely removable then it would replicate the R exhaust even more.

Brock and Hindle had a very short amount of time to try and please the market by making a replica. Again with the baffle removed it's the best option on the market in my opinion. You have to see it in person without the baffle, it looks awesome. Maybe with more time now we might see them develop another piece, who knows. It's hard to please everyone, and I am sure you understand that.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I know it is hard to get a bucking bar behind a proper rivet in a tube but it is possible.
IMNSHO it is sacrilegious to put a pop rivet within a hundred yards of this bike let alone on a focal point like its exhaust.
This is how riveting should look.
Rivets In Sheet Aluminium Body Of World War Two Aircraft B24 Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free Image. Pic. 43977471

Or flush rivets:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDbTUt3OG9s
http://n999za.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/20110609-018-large.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
God I wish it were that easy!

I cannot drag and drop for the life of me, if you email me I will gladly send you several shots and videos to post if you are able?

[email protected]

Many thanks

AJ

21 - 40 of 41 Posts