Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey Ron Parsons, that is the one that I would like to have too. But I think this one is a 1 off. I tried talking to them, but wasn't able to communicate with them. I did ask Brock to please make us one like it. But haven't heard from them. They have the headers made. they are testing it right now.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey Ron Parsons, If you would tell Brock what you would like to have, it would tell them that there is a lot of interest in it. thank you

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey Ron Parsons, that is the one that I would like to have too. But I think this one is a 1 off. I tried talking to them, but wasn't able to communicate with them. I did ask Brock to please make us one like it. But haven't heard from them. They have the headers made. they are testing it right now.
Funny, I tried to get those guys in Malaysia to make me one too. I got zero response to my email or my phone call. I'm cold-calling custom fab shops around here since last month to try and get one made and its been equally fruitless. If that pipe in the video existed I would own it tomorrow.

I still don't know why Akro, Yoshi, Brock etc are all reinventing the wheel. I think it's safe to say we all pretty much want the same thing; the H2R pipe. Even if you didn't want the noise, the baffle on that Malaysian bike cut the levels down to near normal. It's literally one size fits all and the best of both worlds. I don't know what's worse; the fact that somebody made the perfect pipe and is leaving a fortune on the table because they don't speak english - or the fact that everyone else seems to be developing in the opposite direction of my needs.

Sigh. Back to calling around tomorrow….

·
Registered
574 Posts
Funny, I tried to get those guys in Malaysia to make me one too. I got zero response to my email or my phone call. I'm cold-calling custom fab shops around here since last month to try and get one made and its been equally fruitless. If that pipe in the video existed I would own it tomorrow.

I still don't know why Akro, Yoshi, Brock etc are all reinventing the wheel. I think it's safe to say we all pretty much want the same thing; the H2R pipe. Even if you didn't want the noise, the baffle on that Malaysian bike cut the levels down to near normal. It's literally one size fits all and the best of both worlds. I don't know what's worse; the fact that somebody made the perfect pipe and is leaving a fortune on the table because they don't speak english - or the fact that everyone else seems to be developing in the opposite direction of my needs.

The biggest problem is the economics of making anything for the H2. We are talking a very small market. When I raced in Ohio last week the owner of a fab shop asked if he could duplicate my homemade metal chain guard in stainless steel. He admitted he would spend 20 or 30 hours fabricating it and then maybe sell 1 or 2 to racers. Not a good return on investment. The same goes for pipes. Brock has already made one set and they did not perform the way he wanted. If he was offshore he could easily sell them for $1500 on this forum, no matter if they performed or not. Instead he is going on to develop a quality product that he can stand behind. My guess is he will sell quite a few sets, but he will sell more Busa pipes in a month than he ever will for the H2. The early forum members remember that the H2R pipe costs about $7000 if you could buy it from Kawasaki, be patient and maybe Brock will have one for a quarter of the price when he gets it dialed in.

One other point, from Akra's own dyno results, their muffler only improved horsepower a tiny bit and costs roughly $1600, roughly $250 to $300 per horsepower. An ECU flash will get you 23 horsepower and will cost $780, so it only costs you $34 per horsepower. There is no bigger power bargain than the ECU flash.

Reactions: jeffasaki

·
Registered
89 Posts
The biggest problem is the economics of making anything for the H2. We are talking a very small market. When I raced in Ohio last week the owner of a fab shop asked if he could duplicate my homemade metal chain guard in stainless steel. He admitted he would spend 20 or 30 hours fabricating it and then maybe sell 1 or 2 to racers. Not a good return on investment. The same goes for pipes. Brock has already made one set and they did not perform the way he wanted. If he was offshore he could easily sell them for $1500 on this forum, no matter if they performed or not. Instead he is going on to develop a quality product that he can stand behind. My guess is he will sell quite a few sets, but he will sell more Busa pipes in a month than he ever will for the H2. The early forum members remember that the H2R pipe costs about $7000 if you could buy it from Kawasaki, be patient and maybe Brock will have one for a quarter of the price when he gets it dialed in.

One other point, from Akra's own dyno results, their muffler only improved horsepower a tiny bit and costs roughly $1600, roughly $250 to $300 per horsepower. An ECU flash will get you 23 horsepower and will cost $780, so it only costs you $34 per horsepower. There is no bigger power bargain than the ECU flash.
Well, yes and no. Right now it's not a money maker but there's at least 2 more years of production left for the H2. They still may not make very many, but it's not a done deal yet.

I know Don wants to add his own flavor to the mix but the stock H2 downpipe is more than sufficient. I assume that most, like me, just want the cat gone, and the H2R look and sound. I neither need, nor care if it flows better than stock. My #1 problem in all this is the cat. We ALL need an H2 downpipe wecan bolt something else onto the back of without breaking out a welder. Just set up a jig and start knocking out stainless H2 downpipe replicas. The H2R exhaust system is entirely different anyway and would be a fiasco to duplicate even if you could get your hands on one.

Everyone is trying to needlessly reinvent the wheel. Don doesn't need to mass produce an economical exhaust, just tell me what a replica downpipe would cost and when I can pick it up. I don't expect it to be fast or cheap, I just need it to exist. There's no need to waste a fortune on trial and error R&D. Same goes for Akropovic. Their exhaust made no power because of the 20 pound piece of titanium stuck in front of their can. If ANYONE offered a non-weld, de-cat solution we'd all be off to the races.

Why does a skinny little Malaysian dude who smokes by his gas tank and rides without a helmet have one already, but we're still trying to figure it out?

·
Registered
574 Posts
"Everyone is trying to needlessly reinvent the wheel. Don doesn't need to mass produce an economical exhaust, just tell me what a replica downpipe would cost and when I can pick it up. I don't expect it to be fast or cheap, I just need it to exist. There's no need to waste a fortune on trial and error R&D. Same goes for Akropovic. Their exhaust made no power because of the 20 pound piece of titanium stuck in front of their can. If ANYONE offered a non-weld, de-cat solution we'd all be off to the races.

Why does a skinny little Malaysian dude who smokes by his gas tank and rides without a helmet have one already, but we're still trying to figure it out? "

Brock, I think you just got your marching orders.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well, I am willing to run the stock exhaust system, until I find the most horse power in the aftermarket complete system. BTW does anybody know if Muzzy is going to make a complete system?
thankyou

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well, I am willing to run the stock exhaust system, until I find the most horse power in the aftermarket complete system. BTW does anybody know if Muzzy is going to make a complete system?
thankyou
I think Kawasaki already figured that out for us with the R. The downpipe is completely different for a reason. Special K has an aerospace division. If somebody gets more flow or HP from their in-house designed header than Kawasaki already did with their unlimited resources on the R, I'd be seriously impressed. Aftermarket time and resources could probably be better spent utilizing the millions of dollars of research already invested in development trying to find an economical way to put a version of the 7K OEM titanium R system onto the street at a realistic cost.

·
Registered
89 Posts
"Everyone is trying to needlessly reinvent the wheel. Don doesn't need to mass produce an economical exhaust, just tell me what a replica downpipe would cost and when I can pick it up. I don't expect it to be fast or cheap, I just need it to exist. There's no need to waste a fortune on trial and error R&D. Same goes for Akropovic. Their exhaust made no power because of the 20 pound piece of titanium stuck in front of their can. If ANYONE offered a non-weld, de-cat solution we'd all be off to the races.

Why does a skinny little Malaysian dude who smokes by his gas tank and rides without a helmet have one already, but we're still trying to figure it out? "

Brock, I think you just got your marching orders.
I wouldn't call it marching orders, I'd call it 'a polite request backed by a fistfull of cash". :D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Well, yes and no. Right now it's not a money maker but there's at least 2 more years of production left for the H2. They still may not make very many, but it's not a done deal yet.

I know Don wants to add his own flavor to the mix but the stock H2 downpipe is more than sufficient. I assume that most, like me, just want the cat gone, and the H2R look and sound. I neither need, nor care if it flows better than stock. My #1 problem in all this is the cat. We ALL need an H2 downpipe wecan bolt something else onto the back of without breaking out a welder. Just set up a jig and start knocking out stainless H2 downpipe replicas. The H2R exhaust system is entirely different anyway and would be a fiasco to duplicate even if you could get your hands on one.

Everyone is trying to needlessly reinvent the wheel. Don doesn't need to mass produce an economical exhaust, just tell me what a replica downpipe would cost and when I can pick it up. I don't expect it to be fast or cheap, I just need it to exist. There's no need to waste a fortune on trial and error R&D. Same goes for Akropovic. Their exhaust made no power because of the 20 pound piece of titanium stuck in front of their can. If ANYONE offered a non-weld, de-cat solution we'd all be off to the races.

Why does a skinny little Malaysian dude who smokes by his gas tank and rides without a helmet have one already, but we're still trying to figure it out?
This ^
I love the look of the stock down pipe, can't see how anyone is going to improve it looks or performance wise. Make something from cat back that looks just like the H2Rs (w slash cut) connects to the down pipe, getting rid of the cat without having to weld extra pieces & take my money.

Can't wait to get rid of the cat & especially the muffler, it's such a shame on such a beautiful single sided swing arm bike. I even like the rear wheel, sucks you can't see it or hear it w/ out the huge monstrosity of a muffler. Why the heck did they need something that HUGE anyway. The more govt the more SUCK.

·
Registered
539 Posts
It was about time that this happened since the only way to get the real deal is to be an H2R owner or from an H2R owner!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hay guys, Malaysian here, so I just joined the forum because I'm getting a H2 and basically what I can say is that rapidroy is pretty much on point.

I can say this though, there are maybe 4-5 dealers in Malaysia with H2s and H2Rs and probably only 1 dealer that speaks English lol. The one I went to was Welly Motorcycle Batu Caves and I spoke to them about the H2 exhaust looking like a "Tong Sampah" - which in Malay, means Rubbish Bin. I was demanding enough to say that I wanted the H2R exhaust system and criticized the H2s price. They agreed to give me a discount on the bike if I give them back the rubbish bin exhaust and replace it with the H2R's Full System Exhaust - They agreed! But of course I had to top up to pay for the exhaust system

Price I was quoted is MYR8000 - about USD1600 in todays conversion.

If enough people are interested, maybe I can talk to some of the guys in Kawasaki Malaysia and see what they can do.

Ride Safe!

Xorp

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
The cutting seems to be the problem.You know.Making a seamless exhaust from headers on down.(somewhat seamless that is).

Of course,designing a muffler and all then having to 'redesign' the headers...it's a lot.Still the simplest way which a few of us did straightaway....Cut the pre-muffler off...weld a midpipe...add a slip-on.Yes..the 'factory' system is no longer 'showroom viable'...but we got really good results with ours...at a miniscule amount.

IF I ever sell mine...I really don't expect it to gain in sales value.I think the only way this bike will actually gain value is if it's never ridden.Pristene.Like sitting in Jay Leno's garage type pristene.Once you start riding it...getting normal road stuff on it...nicks and such...it's gonna depreciate...I think.Even though it is one-of-a-kind...I really can't see anyone paying 25K or so for a used motorcycle.(I mean..Kawasaki's original price).Still..I'm fine with my 25K H2...I think it was worth it.

They are still fairly scarce.If that remains...then it COULD rise in value...but in the future..there's gonna be lots more bikes similar to this one.

OOOPPS.Kinda got off track there...WTF?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hay guys, Malaysian here, so I just joined the forum because I'm getting a H2 and basically what I can say is that rapidroy is pretty much on point.

I can say this though, there are maybe 4-5 dealers in Malaysia with H2s and H2Rs and probably only 1 dealer that speaks English lol. The one I went to was Welly Motorcycle Batu Caves and I spoke to them about the H2 exhaust looking like a "Tong Sampah" - which in Malay, means Rubbish Bin. I was demanding enough to say that I wanted the H2R exhaust system and criticized the H2s price. They agreed to give me a discount on the bike if I give them back the rubbish bin exhaust and replace it with the H2R's Full System Exhaust - They agreed! But of course I had to top up to pay for the exhaust system

Price I was quoted is MYR8000 - about USD1600 in todays conversion.

If enough people are interested, maybe I can talk to some of the guys in Kawasaki Malaysia and see what they can do.

Ride Safe!

Xorp
Installing the OEM H2R exhaust on a stock H2 is a good way to loose power.

If I had a dime for every time someone promises the manufacture of an identical H2R exhaust or OEM here, well you know.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey XORP,
You talk to everybody that has a stage 2 full set, pcv, flashed ecu, and they all swear it's the way to go. You have your choice of muffler - alienhead, or slashcut.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey XORP,
You talk to everybody that has a stage 2 full set, pcv, flashed ecu, and they all swear it's the way to go. You have your choice of muffler - alienhead, or slashcut.
Hmm if I can find anyone that has a H2 on the road in Malaysia, will be sure to take a look at their set ups.

Most importantly, will let my humble H2 reach my door first and I'll see how it pans out lol.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts